Read together, even when you’re apart! Story Bug combines video chat with a shared reader displaying educational books to enable story time with a loved one anywhere, anytime.
• Dozens of books available from award-winning children’s publisher Cricket Media. More books added every month. Teach your little loved one (age 0-6) about the ABCs, 123s, animals, shapes, colors, emotions, and more.
• Invite family members to connect in the app and then call anytime for story time, or record a reading for them to enjoy later
• After receiving a recording of a book, send an adorable thank you video to the reader!
• Synchronous, shared reader allows both participants in a call to see the same page of the book and turn pages together
• See where each other are pointing on the screen to sound out words or identify objects
• Three free books available; more via in-app purchase individually or via subscription ($4,99/mo, $14.99/6-mos, $24.99/yr)
• Purchases are shared during a call, so only one side needs to pay for premium book access.
Story Bug is perfect for parents who travel for work, grandparents who live far away from their grandchildren or other family members who want to share story time when they’re apart.
How Story Bug, powered by Kindoma, works:
While you are together in a call or next to each other, the book selections and page turns are synchronized on both sides. You can point to things on the page and the other side can see where you are pointing. Use this feature to highlight words as you read, or ask questions and have the children point to things on the page.
* A non-subscriber may make unlimited video calls for free and has access to two books. Single books may also be purchased for $2.99 each.
* A subscriber may also make unlimited video calls for free, but enjoys access to all books in the in-app bookstore. More books will be added each month.
* Subscriptions (offered at $4.99/mo, $14.99/6-months, and $24.99/year) automatically renew unless the auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged the period fee within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during the active subscription period.
Download Story Bug and enjoy reading with a loved one today!