The Galvanic Cell application provides the users with several experiments on electrochemistry.
Having two different options, this app will help chemistry students to find the electric potentials or combination of substances based on the selection and the inputs from the user. With up to 73 different half-cell equations, the users can acquire an understanding of electrochemistry through analysis of many different redox experiments and can prepare for an actual lab experiment using the app.
In addition, the app simulates experiments with animations of electron flow, indicating the specific electrodes and electrolytes. After identifying the substances within the cell and their half-cell reactions, the app can calculate the standard and actual potential using the Nernst equation.
Main features include:
• Quick and easy chemistry tool for electrochemistry
• Potential calculations: Standard and Actual
• Combination of substances that produce a given potential
• Display of suggested concentrations for a given potential
• Complete list of half-cell equations with electric potentials
• Application of Redox and Nernst equations
• Animated simulation of experiments using cells
• Search bar to browse and look for the desired equation from the list quickly
This app contains advertisements.