Regulations updated annually once released by the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife.
iHunter Oregon gives hunters and outdoor enthusiasts a new view into Oregon's game management units. By overlaying the GMUs on top of the built in iOS maps, users can see their current location and which GMU they are in. Dive deeper into specific GMUs to see which big game, predator, and game bird seasons are open. Contribute to the map by adding your own waypoints to keep track of hunting spots, past animal harvests, and landowner contact information.
Features (Most work offline):
- Includes season summary for 2016 / 2017 (works offline)
- View GMUs on top of built in iOS maps (GMUs display offline)
- View county boundaries, and select them to see game bird and small game seasons (works offline)
- Select GMUs to view its summary of big-game, predator and game bird seasons (works offline)
- 7 different base map types, including 4 that can be cached for offline use
- Add waypoints to the map at your current location, known GPS locations or where you tap and hold (works offline)
- Edit the name, description, image and location of your waypoints (works offline)
- Store Landowner contact information in waypoints to keep track of all your hunting contacts in one place (works offline)
- Use the sunrise / sunset calculator to look up legal hunting light at your location or a waypoint location (works offline)
- Send your friends or family an email with your current location so they can easily find you (requires internet to send email)
- Share waypoints via Twitter and email to friends and hunting partners (requires internet to share waypoints)
- Display Weather at your current location or at a waypoint location (requires internet to look up weather)
- Quick dial button for calling the Turn-In-Poacher line
- Indian Reserve boundary layer (works offline)
- Municipality boundary layer (works offline)
- Import .gpx files (GPS Exchange format)
In-App Purchases Available:
- In-app purchase to add the iHunter Pro Tools (Search for GMUs by name or number, filter GMUs by species, search the map, most recently viewed list, favorites list, draw over the map and save in a waypoint, track your position, speed and altitude)
Note: The iHunter Pro Tools location tracking feature uses the GPS on your device. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.