Do You want to feel like the roman soldier from "ala Augusta ob virtutem appellata quingenaria" ???
Virtual Heritage presents Lite Version of the " Hadrian's Wall. Black Carts Turret ".
" Hadrian's Wall. Black Carts Turret " is one of Virtual 3D Tours over the most interesting places along the Hadrian's Wall. Black Carts Turret (also known as Turret 29A) is a well preserved turret on the line of Hadrian's Wall. It is located west from Roman " Cilurnum " fort in Chesters, and east from the " Brocolitia " fort in Carrawburgh. It was built by soldiers from the Twentieth Victorious Valerian Legion (legio XX Valeria Victrix) in 123 AD.
" Hadrian's Wall. Black Carts Turret " app is powered by Unreal Engine technology and is an awesome new way to experience Hadrian's Wall, one of the wonders of the ancient world. By using Epic Games' award-winning, most advanced game engine, viewers can freely visit this 3D reconstructed monument in their own pace in engaging and educating way.
Hadrian's Wall is the most important monument built by Roman army in Britain and was the most heavily fortified border in the Roman Empire. Roman emperor Hadrian came to Britain in 122 AD and ordered the construction of the most ambitious fortifications ever built by Romans - a 120 kilometers long defensive wall across the entire country with front ditch, Military Way and imposing earthwork called the Vallum. For almost 300 years, Hadrian's Wall was the Roman Empire most imposing frontier.
" Hadrian's Wall. Black Carts Turret " app is a walking simulator over 3D reconstruction of the turret and adjoining stretches of the Wall as it may looked like in 165 AD. If you want to feel like one of the roman soldiers from "ala Augusta ob virtutem appellata quingenaria" ( auxiliary cavalry unit ) patrolling the Wall, this app is for You.
* Powered by Unreal Engine
* Fully narrated Virtual 3D Tour of one of the turrets built by legio XX Valeria Victrix
* Great for kids as supplementary history lesson (no In-App Purchases) Just let Your child explore our 3D reconstruction as any other game level
* Detailed 3D reconstruction of Black Carts Turret based on latest archaeological excavations
* Animated movies presenting all linear elements of Hadrian's Wall: the ditch, the "Broad" and "Narrow" Walls, the Military Way and the Vallum
* Distinction between "Broad" and "Narrow" Wall. The idea of "Wing Walls"
* Cippi - system of additional obstacles used by Roman army
If You like our app, please rate it. Thank You.