Capture kooky germs while you practice and master addition facts for sums up to 20 in this delightful game!
Features for Kids
• Capture whimsical, animated germs to build your lab.
• Practice simple addition facts up to 20 (0 + 0 up to 10 + 10).
• Unlock 16 challenging levels.
• Earn novice, skilled, or master levels for each addition fact.
• Full audio instructions and hints are provided to help developing readers.
• Earn more than 30 awards as you master more facts and meet challenges.
Features for Parents and Teachers
• The game works on phones and tablets of any size.
• The game is perfect for students in preschool, Pre-K, Kindergarten, Grade 1, or Grade 2 who are just learning basic addition or are trying to master it.
• Track the speed and accuracy of every fact for up to 3 players.
• The xGrid summarizes mastery of each addition fact, all on one screen, so you know exactly which problems students need more practice on.
• Based on the speed and accuracy of each answer, the built-in advanced learning algorithm serves up problems in exactly the order best designed to help students master problems faster.
• Playing xGerms Addition builds addition automaticity, or the ability to answer key facts instantly, allowing fact recall to become an automatic habit and freeing the mind for more important higher level thinking tasks.
• Award-winning instructional design and visual design teams built this game following the same high cognitive, multimedia, and age-appropriate learning guidelines that are built into every K12 online course.
• Demonstrate automatic recall of addition facts with sums through 20.
Common Core Standards Alignment
• Kindergarten | CCSS.Math.Content.K.OA.A.5 - Fluently add and subtract within 5.
• Grade 1 | CCSS.Math.Content.1.OA.C.6 - Add and subtract within 20, demonstrating fluency for addition and subtraction within 10.
• Grade 2 | CCSS.Math.Content.2.OA.B.2 - Fluently add and subtract within 20 using mental strategies. By end of Grade 2, know from memory all sums of two one-digit numbers.
About This App
xGerms Addition was created by K12 Inc. as part of its comprehensive Math curriculum. Learn more at http://www.k12.com.
If you have any technical problems, questions, or suggestions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.