*** This app (2015-16 HOTs) is now free. Don't forget to purchase the 2016-17 app when it becomes available in early fall 2016. Want to be informed when the 2016-17 app is released? Send your email address to email@example.com. ***
This app contains the 2015-16 aircraft ground de/anti-icing fluid holdover times (HOTs) and related guidance as published by Transport Canada, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and the Association of European Airlines (AEA).
HOT info is accessible in two functionalities: the HOT Calculator calculates HOTs for current conditions based on weather/fluid info entered by the user and the PDF Viewer allows navigation of HOT guidance documents in individual PDF files.
New Features for the 2015-16 App:
• Updated look and feel.
• New setting: Set the HOT Clock to device (local) or UTC time.
• New setting: Elect to get alerts when both lower and upper HOTs are reached.
• New training materials: Found in More Tab -> Training / Help.
Features Carried Over from the 2014-15 App:
• DEFAULT AUTHORITY: Select your authority in the settings tab and see only data from that authority in the PDF Viewer and HOT Calculator. For FAA select either standard or 90% adjusted tables.
• DUAL FUNCTIONALITY: HOT Calculator and PDF Viewer.
• HOT CLOCK: Shows time elapsed since fluid application; progress bar and traffic light indicate status of HOT.
• LOUTs: The holdover time calculator incorporates lowest operational use temperatures (LOUTs) for Type II, III and IV fluids as provided by FAA and Transport Canada.
• NO INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED: The app stores all data on your device so a connection to the internet is not required.
Developed by APS Aviation Inc., the company responsible for developing and managing the holdover time table data on behalf of Transport Canada and the FAA for the last two decades.
This app can be customized for individual operator/airline use. Contact us for more information.