Losing a pet awful! Download the FurAlert app and be part of the solution that helps reunite lost dogs and cats with the families that love them.
With the app on your phone, you'll receive an alert if a pet is reported missing near you. This is your opportunity to be a hero! If it's your pet that gets lost, use FurAlert to quickly request help from other animal lovers nearby.
By enabling this kind of cooperation, our goal is to reduce the amount of time that a pet is lost thereby reducing the likelihood that they are injured while not not in their owner's care.
"Like having a search committee on demand should your pet ever get lost." - Chris L.
"A simple way for pet owners to help each other in an emergency. If you've ever been in that situation you know how desperate you feel for help." - Alida M.
"A must have for every animal lover." - Ian T.
How it works:
1. Download the app. (Tip: Do it now. Don't wait until your pet gets lost)
2. Create a profile for each pet.
3. When your pet wanders off, open the app, select the pet that's missing, and report it lost.
4. FurAlert will send a message to other FurAlert users in the vicinity. They receive the picture and info you provided about your pet.
5. If a FurAlert user sees your pet, they can easily call, text, or email you with valuable info to help you locate and retrieve your pet.
LOCATION REPORTING: FurAlert primarily uses Apple's approved method for reporting location changes in the background. This is primarily done when significant location changes are made -- e.g. moving between two cell towers when the GPS is briefly activated. As a result it does not typically cause the battery to be drained unless you are, for example, driving all day in the car. (Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.)