PIPEPROP is developed to assist Offshore Pipelay Engineers with calculation of composite pipe properties of linepipes. Neglecting the effect of concrete coating on the pipe properties results in line pipe being considered as too flexible and result in pipe profile and stresses different from real case. PIPEPROP App calculates the steel properties and composite properties of concrete coated pipelines.
Modulus of Elasticity for concrete is calculated as per American Concrete Institute (ACI) guidelines. Shift in neutral axis due to concrete thickness is calculated based on the assumption that the concrete does not take any tensile stress and effective only in compressive stress. The shift in neutral axis is calculated through iterative method such that the composite area of steel and concrete in compression is equal to the area of steel in tension.
Effective stiffness of the pipeline is calculated considering the effect of length of pipe affected by concrete as well as field joint. The output can be readily used for pipelay analysis using Offpipe or Orcaflex.
You can also email the results in pdf format, which in itself can be readily used for reports.
Main features are
- Composite (Effective) Moment of Inertia of concrete coated pipe
- Cross sectional properties with external and internal corrosion coating (internal coating only on paid version)
- Weight in air and submerged weight considering external corrosion and CWC coatings
- Lift-off height with no tension
- Bending moment capacity with no tension
- Results are displayed as pdf report
- Email facility from within the app (you will require a device that supports email on paid version)
PIPEPROP is available on iPhone and iPad. PIPEPROP is optimised for iPhone Retina 4" and iPad Air. Free version does not support email feature of result file and includes ads.
For comments, contact email@example.com