Pocket Emergency Ultrasound is a comprehensive atlas of normal values used in point-of-care sonography.
While there are a number of excellent apps already available detailing how to perform emergency ultrasound, a streamlined reference for quick access to normal ultrasound measurements has been conspicuously absent.
Applicable to Emergency Medicine, the Intensive Care Unit, and other acute care settings, Pocket Emergency Ultrasound was designed as a rapid pocket reference for the busy clinical sonographer. A simple and clean user interface offers access to a comprehensive database of normal values and ranges for all ultrasound measurements relevant to point-of-care ultrasound. Accompanying high-resolution ultrasound images demonstrate normal sonographic anatomy along with proper conventions for measurement technique.
The app covers topics ranging from core applications to more advanced techniques.
• Abdomen – Appendix, Biliary, Gallbladder, Liver, Pancreas, and Spleen
• Cardiac – Aortic Root, Left and Right Heart, Pericardium, Systolic Function, and Diastolic Dysfunction
• Genitourinary – Bladder, Kidney, Prostate, and Testicular
• Musculoskeletal – Ankle, Elbow, Hip, Knee, and Shoulder Effusions
• Obstetrics-Gynecology – 1st Trimester, Ectopic Pregnancy, Ovaries, and Uterus
• Vascular – Abdominal and Thoracic Aorta, Inferior Vena Cava
The app assumes you are already familiar with techniques for obtaining ultrasound images and is not meant as a standalone instructional guide to the field of point-of-care ultrasound.