Discover the fascinating world of the whales, dolphins, seals and marine birds that can be seen throughout the year off the Kaikoura Coastline in this fact filled user friendly app. The ‘Whale Watch Kaikoura’ app offers information on the resident sperm whales as well as the migratory whales that frequent our waters – such as the humpback whale & blue whale. You can also learn about the many dolphin, seal and marine bird’s species that are sighted regularly out on our tours.
For each marine mammal species you will find a description and some interesting information along with a beautiful image which you can download into your device image gallery or share on your social media channel.
Read about Kaikoura’s rich history along with the Whale Watch Kaikoura story, learn about 6 of the semi-resident male sperm whales that we see feeding in the Kaikoura Canyon, check in and see where you are throughout your tour on the specially designed Geographical Location tab and so much more…
At Whale Watch Kaikoura we take our responsible tourism practises seriously and invite you to join us in this with a special Conservation tab which contains some great information along with two challenges you can take part in along with local conservation groups you can consider supporting.
• Detailed information on marine mammals that frequent the waters off the Kaikoura Coastline throughout the year
• Real time GPS tracking in our specially designed Geographical Location tab
• High quality images that can be saved into your image gallery
• Social media share buttons on every page
• Sperm whale and Humpback whale sounds
• Easy to use and easy to navigate