Onshape is the first and only full-cloud professional 3D CAD application that lets everyone on a design team work together using an iPhone, iPad, or a web browser.
Onshape was built from scratch for the way today’s engineers, designers, and manufacturers really work. All of your designs are stored securely in the cloud and are always up-to-date, so you can switch between iPhone, iPad, and your web browser at any time. You can share your Documents with others and work on the same parts and assemblies in real-time with the push of a button.
The Future of CAD is here.
Download the Onshape app on your iPhone or iPad, sign up for a FREE account, and enjoy the following features:
INTUITIVE SKETCH TOOLS
- Create concept sketches quickly using just your finger or the Apple Pencil (on iPad Pro).
- Create lines, arcs, circles, rectangles, splines, and more.
- Modify sketch entities using trim, offset, mirror, pattern, etc.
- Add geometric constraints and dimensions to control the behavior of your sketches.
- Modify your sketches by changing dimension values to get the best design.
- Real-time constraint solving enables you to create and test mechanism layouts.
- Use edges from existing 3D geometry.
- Sketches update when references to surrounding geometry update.
UNIQUE PART STUDIOS
- Build 3D geometry from sketches or other existing geometry.
- Import, modify, and work with 3D geometry from other CAD systems.
- Create solid or surface geometry using extrude, revolve, sweep, loft, fillet, shell, etc.
- Modify geometry using mirror, copy, pattern, boolean, etc.
- Use the Direct Editing tools to modify imported geometry.
- Add variables to drive your designs.
- Build multi-part “assemblies” quickly, for parts that are fixed relative to one another.
- Export geometry for 3D printing (from a web browser).
- Build large and complex assemblies using Onshape’s higher level mates.
- Define interpart connections using Fasten, Revolute, Slider, and Pin mates, and more.
- Assembly motion is solved in real time so you can test assembly behavior.
- Add mechanical mates like cams, gears, rack and pinion, and linear coupler.
- Import, modify, and assemble geometry from other CAD systems.
- Export assemblies for 3D printing (from a web browser).
- Drawings created using Onshape in a web browser can be viewed on iOS.
SIMPLE SHARING AND COLLABORATION
- Invite individuals or Teams to view, comment, or edit your designs.
- Work simultaneously on the same parts and assemblies.
- See the edits that others are making as they make them.
- Use Follow Mode to see what others are doing in real time. Ideal for design reviews.
- Add comments to the Document or to individual parts, features, and geometry.
- Import geometry directly from your cloud storage service (iCloud, Dropbox, etc.).
EASY VERSION CONTROL
- Unlimited undo/redo all the way back to the very first sketch.
- Create read-only Versions when design milestones are reached.
- Branch designs to test different ideas and scenarios, without affecting the original.
- Merge branches with the best ideas back into the main design.
- Add descriptions to the Document or to each Version or Branch.
- Designs are always up-to-date and can never be lost or overwritten.
FULL iOS9 AND APPLE PENCIL SUPPORT
- Use 3D Touch or apply pressure with Apple Pencil to zoom in to small features.
- Use Apple Pencil to sketch, select, and interact with your 3D models.
- Use Multitasking to view Onshape help, tutorials, forums, or videos, while you design.
- Join thousands of designers, engineers, makers, and enthusiasts.
- Get answers to your questions quickly through the Onshape Forums.
- Experience the unrivaled level of in-app technical support.
The Onshape app is updated every few weeks with dozens of user-requested enhancements, so keep an eye out for update notifications from the Apple App Store.