Visual Access is designed to help the blind and low vision community increase independence by providing access to on-demand, real-time visual assistance. Simply call a Visual Agent from the App to start a live video or audio session for help identifying your surroundings, reading mail, checking food labels, or any other task you might need sighted help with.
Visual Access is the first app designed for persons with low vision and the blind that combines cutting-edge video communication technology with professionally trained Visual Agents. The app has been thoroughly tested and improved upon by Testers who are blind and who have low vision. This powerful combination of on-demand visual assistance and an easy to use app will promote users’ independence and confidence when performing everyday tasks at home, in the workplace and in their communities.
• Remote, real-time assistance using audio and video
• Assistance from a live person (trained and background checked) during every call
• Toggle between using the front or rear facing camera during a call
• Take new images during a call or upload images from your camera roll for description
• Place calls over WiFi or cellular connectivity
• Works with or without VoiceOver
• Toggle the flashlight on and off within the app