Salisbury High School, formerly Boyden High School, was completed in 1926 and named in honor of Colonel Archibald Henderson Boyden. It is one of many handsome schools built across North Carolina in the 1920's. The three-story blond brick building was designed in a scholastic Gothic style by C. Gadsen Sayre and constructed by L. S. Bradshaw. The beautiful, fully air-conditioned facility is listed in the National Register of Historic Places. Six additional buildings were constructed to house the school’s expanded offerings and enrollment. In 1970, Boyden and J.C. Price high schools consolidated to form Salisbury High School. Significant facility enhancements occurred between 1997 and 1999 when the library was converted to a high-tech, Internet-based media center.