Insight is the world's most powerful student to-do list app, designed and built for USD Students. Whether you're organizing your academic work, extracurricular activity or planning a study abroad trip, Insight will help you accomplish more.
- Sign in with your USD username
- Insight automatically creates a to-do list for each of your semester courses
- Keep track of tasks outside of semester courses; add custom categories for clubs, extracurricular activities, job searches, or sports!
- View class meetings and tasks due each day on the calendar
- Use the calendar to visualize your workload, plan ahead, and view USD events you pre-registered for
- Track time for all your tasks and view a summary of your time spent on each class and category
- Track your emotional state when you complete a task
- Gain insight from seeing your grades, tracked time, and emotions visualized
- Choose from a palette of vivid colors and assign one to each category
- Add notes to a task so you remember the details
- Get notifications when a task is due
- Be reminded to add tasks when a class ends
- Use visualizations to prepare and plan for the upcoming week
- Check your professor’s name, class meeting time and location, who else is in your classes, and past grades
- Insight now syncs your data to the cloud, providing a backup and allowing use on different devices
Integration & Categories
When you download Insight and log in with your USD student ID, your current and past courses will immediately populate the app. Since Insight is made by USD for USD students, it is uniquely able to provide this tight integration to your schedule. Out of the box, you’ll have to-do lists for all your classes.
Insight is flexible. Add additional categories for items that aren’t related to a specific class, and there’s a general category for miscellaneous tasks. Insight can help you organize clubs, extracurricular activities, job searches, or even parties.
Assign different colors to each of your categories. The interface colors will help you quickly recognize your categories and identify tasks at a glance.
The Calendar View displays your class schedule, when tasks are due, and USD events you pre-registered for. View your week or entire month and use visualizations to help you plan ahead. When, on Tuesday night, you see several colorful dots on Wednesday, you better get to work!
Track time on all your tasks to compare your effort across classes and other activities. Compare your time spent and grades to better invest your time. Quickly start timers by tapping and holding any task. Browse your recent timers to stop and resume time trackers.
Record your emotion when you complete a task. Review current and past semesters to recall how you felt about specific assignments and courses. Compare you emotions to how much time you spent and your grades to evaluate your overall performance and gain insight.
Do you ever misplace your syllabus or forget to write an assignment down? Insight will help you remember by sending a notification at the end of class. Adding a task for that homework assignment is simple and quick: just supply a title, optional notes, and a due date.
Insight will remind you when you have a task due and when class is about to start, making sure you're prepared and get to class on time. You can customize notifications in Insight’s settings.
You can archive any to-do list and view past courses in the Reports View. You can also see your grades, total tracked time and emotions, and how many tasks you’ve added and completed in each category. Once a semester has past, you can gain more insight from seeing your grades and emotions visualized.