"Fun With Words" is a support tool for learning basic vocabulary in the Spanish language, which allows students to reinforce and practice their vocabulary in a fun way through "word search" and "memory" games.
- Six subjects to choose: colors, occupations, nationalities, numbers, clothing and feelings.
- Three original songs as background music.
- High scores records.
- Play in English or Spanish.
"Word search" consists in finding words in a grid by linking letters horizontally, vertically or diagonally, from top to bottom and from left to right.
"Memory" consists in finding words in face-down cards, in Spanish and its translation in English, in matched pairs.
"Fun With Words" offers several advantages in learning, retention and memorization of vocabulary:
- Students learn by playing, in a relaxed and fun way, which can help them retain new words more easily.
- Students learn the pronunciation with the help of a narrator, before searching for them in the "word search" and "memory" games.
- The games promotes competition, which makes the student keep his attention longer.
- The games can be an interesting and entertaining way to learn new words.
It is recommended that the teacher makes use of this material once the vocabulary has been presented or explained. It is also suggested that the teacher form teams, or divide the group into 2 subgroups, to begin playing the interactive games. This requires the teacher to have an iOS device and a projector.