ezAlmanac Pro is a fully unlocked version of ezAlmanac which generates Nautical Almanac pages from 1961 to 2059 for one low price.
Just Added !!! New export function allows you to export whole sections of the Nautical Almanac to a PDF file or print directly to a wireless printer. No need to ever buy a printed Nautical Almanac again. Just print the pages you need to have a paper backup before making a passage!
Please check out www.ezCelestial.com for a full description of the application and in-app help pages.
ezAlmanac is a digital multi-year nautical almanac with digital sight reduction tables for use in celestial navigation. Use it the same way you would use the published Almanac and HO-229 tables, or use the “Expert” tab to do the work for you!
▪ Generates daily Nautical Almanac data from 1961 to 2059. Displays all data in the same format as the published Nautical Almanac.
▪ Generates all pages and interpolation tables for HO-229 "Sight Reduction Tables for Marine Navigation".
▪ Performs all astronomical calculations using NOVAS 3.1 software developed by the US Naval Observatory.
▪ Includes Almanac Increment and Correction Tables, allowing you all the tables needed to generate a GHA and Declination value within the app.
▪ Includes Altitude Correction Tables, allowing you to generate an Ho value for an observation made with a sextant.
▪ Animated star map shows current position of all navigational objects.
▪ “Shoot” function to allow accurate time logging, predicted altitude and azimuth to preset sextant before making observation.
▪ “Expert” tab performs full sight reduction and graphing of the almanac data, and can take you to the Almanac and HO-229 pages with the values used highlighted.
▪ Generated LOPs can be displayed on a map. Can also be exproted to KML and displayed on Google Earth.
▪ Calculates Rise and Set event times as well as Polaris latitude and Azimuth calculations
▪ Supports 4 different methods for performing compass checks.
▪ Supports function to calculate rhumb line or great circle tracks and display them on a map.
▪ Supports running fixes.
▪ Saves up to 100 previous observations.
▪ Integration with iOS® location services to automatically set your DR position from the device.
▪ Supports both standard (US) and metric units for temperature, barometric pressure and height of eye values.
▪ Supports zoom and pan on all almanac and HO-229 pages and all map displays.
▪ Observation data can be exported to a text file. Can export to iTunes or directly to Dropbox.