Not being able to speak on your own is difficult. Talk For Me - Text to Speech, designed and engineered by a person unable to speak, seeks to make your life easier. Type in the main text area or tap one of the six main custom buttons and your iOS device will talk for you. Want to set up more custom phrases? Swipe up and up again for more pages with custom editable buttons. Need even more? Save phrases in an archive database. This is great for saving partial sentences. A quick swipe left, select a sentence from your archive, and it will appear in the main window ready for you to complete. Once you set up with frequent custom phrases, this app will allow you to communicate with ease.
• No active internet connection needed.
• Punctuation Aware - Use Commas, Question Marks, Exclamation Points
• Undo Feature - Unintentional taps of the clear button easily remedied.
• Slider to adjust the speech rate.
• Pause Button to stop speaking as needed.
• Quick Access Customizable Buttons (swipe up)
• Long press any custom button to set a descriptive title, custom phrase, and set the desired language.
• Easily create a separate database of pre set phrases or sentence fragments that can be sent to the main window.
• Quick access to your archive. (swipe left)
• Multiple Languages* and voices, including the Alex voice**.
• Portrait and Landscape Orientations
• Large buttons for easy use.
Please rate the app in the App Store. Go to mobiletouchtech.com for assistance and feature requests.
* Languages currently supported are English US, English AU, English GB, Spanish MX, Spanish ES, German, French, Dutch BE, Dutch NL, Chinese CN, Chinese HK, Chinese SG, Chinese TW, Korean and Japanese.
** Alex is English-US only. To use the Alex voice you have to first download it to your iOS device. Go to Settings -> General -> Accessibility -> Speech -> Voices -> English -> and select Alex to download the voice. Once downloaded, you can select whichever voice previously used for Siri and spoken text. In Talk For Me, tap on the current language and scroll to select English Alex. (Requires iPhone 5s, iPad Air, iPad mini with Retina Display or later).