Have you been eyeing those self-help books, but the thought of buying one at the bookstore really doesn’t appeal to you? Here’s a discreet way to get that help you’re looking for and make use of it any time you want with this list of self-help apps. These apps take a look at a variety of issues so you may even find yourself wanting to download more than one of them.
The best self help apps for iPhone and iPad
21 Jan 2017, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
Get daily tips for health, success, relationship and more. Add inspiration and motivation to each day of your life. Save your favorite tips to view more than once or to meditate on, share your favorite tips with others via email or text messaging, share tips via Social Media and more. This is a free app, but it does have an in-app purchase to remove ads. If you are in need of some advice and motivation then this app could be exactly what you are looking for.
- Get daily self-help tips on many different topics
- Save your favorite tips to view over again
- Share tips via text, email or social media
- Find motivation and inspiration from these tips
- In-app purchase to remove ads
Professor McMurphy can help you change a wide range of aspects in your life. There are 50 different topics, up to 11 different videos and 8 isochronic music tones. These topics can help you lose weight, stop smoking, alleviate anxiety, cure addictions and more. This app can also help you improve on relaxation and meditation. The idea behind this app is to make these changes subliminally so that you can perform these changes in real life. The results vary with each person. They can be really quick or take a long time.
- Get self-help via subliminal messages
- Results vary from quickly to a long time
- There are 50 different topics covered
- Up to 11 different videos and 8 isochronic music tones
- There is an in-app purchase
This app is like having your own personal library of self-help audiobooks. It covers a wide range of topics from relaxation and sleep to better health and confidence. These books may just be the key to making the changes in your life that you have wanted to make, but have been unsuccessful up to this point. The content is by Tony Wrighton who is the UK’s top seller in this niche. The app has a wonderful interface which makes it easy to navigate and pleasant to view. There are also videos that accompany many of these audiobooks. You can purchase the complete collection of content or just one audiobook.
- Self-help audiobooks by Tony Wrighton
- Covers a wide range of self-help topics
- Wonderful interface, Easy to view and navigate
- Videos accompany the audiobooks
- Purchase one book or the whole collection
We love the title of this app. It’s straight to the point. So, stop making excuses for yourself and download this app today. It’s a self-hypnosis app by Amy Applebaum and it can help with many self-issues. There are several soothing, therapeutic tracks and high quality recordings. The app also has optional instructions, short or long hypnosis induction, four different background noises, loop they tracks, optional Sleep or Wake endings, built-in alarm clock, customized video options and more. There are in-app purchases for individual topics.
- Self-hypnosis app by Amy Applebaum
- Soothing, therapeutic, high quality tracks
- Loop tracks, Wake or Sleep endings, Alarm clock
- Background noises, Optional instructions
- In-app purchases for different topics
This app needs the users to take quizzes so that it can customize the self-help content for each individual based on the quiz results and their personality profiles. These quizzes cover a wide range of topics like relationships, career development, health, beauty and more. If desired, you can share your results with other people via social media. There are in-app purchases for different topics. So, you can either get all of the topics and advice or just choose the topics you really need advice in.
- Take personality quizzes to get specific advice
- Create your own personality profile
- There’s a wide range of topics
- You can share your results with others
- In-app purchases for topics
RealifeChange is your personal, portable life coach designed to assist you in making those healthy and productive changes in life. This app will keep track of personal aspects and help you explore deeper. You can also use the journal feature, assign ratings for different personal events, track stress and anxiety, log your feelings and moods, view your notes on a map or timeline and much more. This app has several in-app purchases for further personal growth and development.
- A personal, portable life coach
- Track and monitor a wide range of personal health factors
- Assign ratings to daily life events
- Use the journal, View notes on map or timeline
- In-app purchases for further personal assistance
Here’s an app that helps you improve or unlock the power of positive thinking. The content is by Louise Hay and it will help change the way you think. There are meditation exercises to help you relax and calm down, cutting-edge brainwave technology, multi-sensor learning for all types of learners, multi-modal input and more. There are numerous topics covered in this app. You can download the app for free and get some of the topics for free. However, there are in-app purchases for more topics.
- Change the way you think about yourself and life
- Unlock the power of positive thinking
- Meditation exercises, Cutting-edge brainwave tech
- Multi-sensor learning, Multi-modal input
- In-app purchases for more topics
Optimism helps users to chart their moods and develop strategies for managing different moods like depression or anxiety. Additionally, users can better understand the triggers for these moods or conditions so that they can avoid the triggers or prepare ahead of time. This app isn’t designed to replace professional medical assistance. It’s designed to be a tool that offers assistance with tracking moods, decline in moods and triggers. It has a very simple interface which makes it easy to add notes and find what you are looking for.
- An app that helps users track their moods
- Can also help to develop personal management strategies
- Learn and document what your triggers are
- Not to be used as replacement for professional medical help
If you struggle with anxiety then Mindshift might just be the help that you need. It starts out by helping users change the way they think about anxiety and panic. Then in helps users develop strategies or habits for better sleep, dealing with intense emotions, managing anxiety and more. It’s like having a personal coach to help you through anxiety. Mindshift has a delightful interface and sections that are clearly marked out for easy access during anxious moments.
- An app designed to help users deal with anxiety
- Changes the way you think about anxiety
- Helps to manage anxiety, Sleep and relax more
- A wonderful interface, Easy to find content
- It’s like having a personal coach
Change the way you think through subliminal recordings. These recordings will help users develop a positive mindset so that they can improve their overall life. There are free samples of these recordings to try before purchasing the full version. The recordings are high quality, there’s background music, several different subliminal topics to choose from and more. The content has been created by a licensed clinical social worker. There are in-app purchases for subscriptions and different topics.
- Change the way you think via subliminal recordings
- Recordings are high quality, Background noises too
- Free samples of recordings, Professional content
- Subliminal work covers many different topics
- In-app purchases for topics and subscriptions
With such busy lives nowadays it can be very hard to unwind, relax, and fight your stress. The Headspace app provides users with meditation techniques they can use to fight all kinds of problems. The app asks for just 10 minutes a day so you can start to learn about mindfulness and meditation and then start to enjoy the benefits it can have in your life. The app is able to track your progress, you will get rewards for using it, you can download the sessions and use them offline, and there are reminders you can set.
- Use the app just 10 minutes a day to learn from it
- Learn about meditation and mindfulness
- Use the sessions offline
- There are reminders you can use
- Earn rewards for using the app
- The techniques can be used to fight stress, worry, and much more
Headspace app review: learn about meditation techniques
Do you have no problem at all starting a task but seem to run into issues finishing it? If so the Coach.me app may be what you need. This is described as a "productivity coach" and helps users to work on their goals and meet them. The way this app works is that you set your goal and then you start to work on it. The app will track your progress, answer any questions you may have, and it will help you to celebrate all the milestones you reach. Not only will you get support from the app itself but also the personal coaches and the community of users all pushing you forward and giving you the motivation you need.
- Set personal goals and work on achieving them
- You are supported by the app, the personal coaches in the app, and the community of users
- The app tracks your progress, can answer your questions, and will celebrate your milestones
If you're looking to browse the self-help section at the bookstore you can do so in a virtual sense with the Self Help Classics app. This app features 60 self-help books that are actually some of the most popular ones ever written. They cover both business success and personal growth and have been written by inventors, respected thinkers, business gurus, and billionaires. Now keep in mind these are classics so all of these books are from the past but that doesn’t mean they aren’t just as relevant today as they were then. The app features a bookmark tool, the ability to mark quotes that stand out to you, adjust the reading mode, auto-scroll, progress indicators, and you can advance the page by swiping it.
- Get a large digital collection of classic self-help books
- There are a variety of reading modes
- Swipe the page to advance it
- There is a bookmark tool
- Mark quotes that stand out to you