This next list of apps is going to change the way you think about stick figures because there is nothing predictable, boring, or dull about any of these apps. Each of these games features stick figures as the main character but that’s where the similarities start and end. They take place in races, wars, master skateboarding tricks, learn to cliff dive, these are diverse, challenging, and addictive offerings.
The best iPhone apps for stick figures
25 Jul 2016, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
Looking for a fun game to play while you wait in line? Stick-man Swing Adventure: Tight Rope And Fly will require you to use ropes to swing your stickman from one high-rise building to the next. You have to throw your rope, swing, and repeat, until you land on the Red Target. That finishes the level. There are different power-ups and you’ll play across different weather conditions. Share your success on Twitter and Facebook, compare your scores on GameCenter, and enjoy the doodle graphics. The gameplay is fast-paced so even if you only have a few minutes to play, it’ll be action-packed!
- Swing from one high-rise to the next
- Control your ropes
- Doodle graphics
- Fast-paced gameplay
- Free with in-app purchases
Stick Nodes is a stick figure animation program that allows you to create your own stick figure-based animated MP4s and GIFs. You get pinch-to-zoom controls, an undo-redo system for up to 20 actions, good variety in segment shape types, a clean and simple interface, and more. You can export to GIF with the free version, and export to MP4 with Pro. If you upgrade to Pro, which is a separate app, you also get the option to add sounds. Once you’ve created your stick figure you can use the in-app submission form to add your creation to the website’s library. You can download other users’ creations to use in your own animations, too.
- Create stick man animations
- Easy to use
- Lots of features
- Add your figures to the Stick Nodes library online
- Free stick figure app for iPhone
Don't let the simple nature of this game fool you because there is nothing simple about this one. The StickWars Lite app is fast-paced right from the start. It's all about quick reflexes mixed with some killer strategy. You're able to play an unlimited about of rounds and you can keep on playing until you are defeated. Your job is easy enough you need to defend your kingdom as it seems there is an army of stick figures trying to invade. The app uses touch functionality and there are two Ultimate Challenge games available.
- You need to defend your kingdom against the army of stick figures who are invading
- The app uses touch functionality for ease of use
- You can play an unlimited amount of rounds (in the full version)
- There are two Ultimate Challenge games
- The graphics are fun and engaging as is the gameplay
- The rules and controls are easy to understand but hard to master
It's time to enter the world of high stakes in the Clear Vision 3 app. In this game you will be playing as Tyler who is an all-around great family guy at home but during the day his job happens to be that of a hitman. He's happy and he's successful but now things are about to change because there is someone after him. There are 55 missions for players to complete and you'll need to make use of all the customizable weapons. To be sure you take a clear shot and hit the target pay close attention to the distance and wind calculator. The game features animated cut scenes which help to add to the mystery and intensity of it.
- Step into a world where you are being hunted down
- You’ve got all kinds of customizable weapons to make use of
- This game requires steady hands and strategy
- There are 55 missions for you to complete
Clear Vision 3 app review: breathe, aim, Fire. HEADSHOT!
Have you ever seen a stick figure hustle, like really running and moving? That's the whole basis behind the Doodle Sprint! app where you'll be working to get the highest score possible by running, rolling, and jumping across the terrain. What's really fun and unexpected about this game is that it was actually created by a student and clearly this student knew exactly what players look for in a light and casual game. The game is extremely easy to understand yet can take hours and hours to come close to mastering. The sound effects and animations are fun and cute, there are five different themes, and the app is integrated with Facebook and Twitter. The app supports the Game Center, Achievements, and Leaderboards.
- Play a light and upbeat game that is challenging and addictive
- The app supports the Game Center, Achievements, and Leaderboards
- The game controls are simple and responsive
- Work your way to the highest score possible by running, rolling, and jumping across the terrain
- There are five different themes
Doodle Sprint! app review: interactive and addictive mobile game
Did you know there is a perfectly safe way to engage in cliff diving? The Stickman Cliff Diving app gives players a chance to engage in the sport without any risk to them whatsoever, just be prepared for some serious challenge. The cliffs can reach as high as 125 meters in this game and your job is to jump off these dangerous cliffs and perform beautiful tricks and different styles of jumping. You need to impress the five judges with your jump if you hope to move on to the next level. If you manage to perform a perfect dive or just a really impressive jump you will be awarded with bonus points. The app supports the Game Center, Achievements, and Leaderboards.
- Become a cliff diver capable of performing beautiful and awe-inspiring jumps
- You will be trying to impress the five judges so you can get a high score and more on
- The app supports the Game Center, Achievement, and Leaderboards
Stickman Cliff Diving app review: give it your best jump
Your help is required and you're being enlisted in the army. Now this isn't the regular army this is the Doodle Army app, in which there are all kinds of stick figures at war with one another in an endless-shooter style offering. There is a whopping 40 characters to unlock as you battle across six different zones. You'll be making use of all kinds of weapons such as shotguns, sniper rifles, chainsaws, pistols, and plenty more. There are checkpoints throughout the game where your progress will automatically be saved. There are two different ways to control the game so you can pick which one works best for you.
- This game features endless-shooting style action
- There are 40 characters to unlock
- There are 40 weapons to make use of
- There are two different types of game controls
- Battle your way across six different war zones
- There is a cheat mode where you can unlock all of the missions
Are you ready for some fast-paced adventure that is addictive and challenging for all who play? The Mr.Space!! app will have you in a battle for your survival. You need to find the exit in the game and get to it as fast as you can. Even though this one is simple and doesn't feature any over-the-top animations it's addictive all the same. The music helps to set the high-energy scene and each time you play you will be trying to out-do your previous best score. The app features Global Leaderboards and daily rankings as that added motivational push.
- Gameplay is simple and easy to understand
- The music helps to set the high-energy tone of the game
- You need to find the exit and escape, however it’s never that easy
- The app supports the Global Leaderboards and daily rankings
- The game is challenging and addictive
Mr.Space!! app review: a fast-moving puzzle game with exciting music and simple controls
The Cartoon Wars: Gunner app is able to combine a couple of different game elements into one offering. This app offers an RPG style experience that uses side-scrolling to make maneuvering easy and smooth. You have stepped into a massive war that has broken out in Cartoon World and Captain J is now on the run before the King's plan comes into fruition and Captain J is wiped out. You'll be playing as Captain J who will face off against 30 different enemies. There are upgradeable skills to help you out, there are 11 weapons for you to use, and you can boost your earnings.
- Step into a world that has broken out in war
- There are 11 weapons for your character to use
- There are 30 different enemies you’ll face off against
- You can upgrade your skills so you will be more effective in fighting
- This is an RPG style game
What do you do when trouble heads your way? In the Run! app you need to do just that - run for it - as the trouble heads your way. You've got a few game modes to pick from here as you do your best to avoid all the obstacles and hit your top running speeds. Controlling your stick figure is smooth and simple but because this one is so fast-paced it takes plenty of practice. The app supports the Game Center, Leaderboards, and Achievements and you can always post your high score on Twitter and Facebook. To keep things interesting there are different backgrounds.
- Get ready to run in this game
- There are tons of levels to play through and be sure to watch out for all the obstacles
- The app supports the Game Center, Leaderboards, and Achievements
- Post your high score to Twitter and Facebook
- The game controls are smooth and intuitive
Run! app review: best zombie-based app
Your heart is pounding, you're on the run, they're all around you and closing in fast, you need to run faster. And that's where the Jailbreaker 2 app picks up, as you have just escaped from jail and now you need to start running and running fast if you hope to stay free. The app features eight different obstacles and levels that are randomly generated to keep things challenging and interesting. You will be running through the rain and lightning, jumping over the gaps in the ground, and even running across the rooftops. This is an endless Parkour-style game and is integrated with the Game Center.
- You have just escaped from jail and in order to stay free you need to keep on running
- The app is integrated with the Game Center
- This app features endless Parkour-style gameplay
- There are eight different obstacles
- The levels are randomly generated
It's time to perform all the skateboard tricks out there and as an added touch of fun you're actually a stick figure. The Stickman Skater app is one that is filled with fun. This is the kind of game you can understand and get the hang of very quickly but spend hours upon hours trying to master it. Your character is trying to become a pro skater and needs your help. There are two different levels of difficulty to choose from and six different skaters. There are more than 1,000 different trick combinations that you can use, three achievements available for each level, and the app supports the Game Center and Leaderboards.
- Perform tricks to become a pro skater
- There are more than 1,000 different trick combinations
- Learning the game is quick and easy
- There are six different skaters to choose from and two levels of difficulty
- The app supports the Game Center, Leaderboards, and Achievements
Stickman Skater app review: skate on your mobile device