Because most of us are extremely busy it’s really important to stay organized and on track. This is easier said than done. Even with the best intentions, if you don’t have some sort of tool that helps you with organization, you’re as good as done for. If you’re tired of feeling flustered, missing important deadlines, forgetting about appointments, and just feeling like you’re getting nowhere when it comes to organization in your life, then it’s time to check out this list of apps meant to keep you organized.
The best iPad apps for keeping organized
16 May 2016, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
The Wunderlist app is incredibly popular, and for good reason. This app gives you a way to create tasks and to do lists with ease. Now, these lists can apply to work, school, or just personal items. Add such things as reminders, due dates, notes, sub-tasks, and much more. It syncs across all your devices so go ahead and schedule an item, organize events, add events, and delete them. You can also share the lists you create with other family members, friends, co-workers, etc. There is a Today Widget that lets you swipe down on the screen for a quick glance of what you've got coming up.
- The app is incredibly popular
- The information syncs across all your devices in real-time
- There is a Today Widget perfect for that quick glance
- Share lists with others
- Use the app for work, school, or personal items
One of the best and easiest ways to stay organized is by making notes and it's never been easier than with the Notes app. This one makes it possible to record notes, make memos, add photos, set up reminders, assign color coded categories to the items, and so much more. Be sure to check out the note templates so you don't even have to spend the time to set it up. The idea is that notetaking shouldn't be time-consuming or a hassle. Of course your notes and memos can be shared with others by email, exported to Dropbox, or even download it to your computer by using WiFi.
- Type or record your notes
- Add photos to notes
- Set up color coded categories for your notes
- Make use of the pre-loaded note templates
- Set up reminders
Staying organized and on task has never been easier thanks to the Planner Pro app. This all-in-one solution acts as your personal organizer, your task manager, and your calendar. Instead of downloading multiple apps you can do it all with this one offering. The really great part is that even though it is so powerful it remains user-friendly so that you can make your way around it with ease. This one syncs with your iOS events and calendars, you can delete/add/edit any time, you can create reminders, create sub-tasks, view by day/week/or month, input as many notes as you want, and more.
- The app performs the task of a few different ones in one offering
- The user interface is simple and inviting
- Create as many notes as you want in one day
- Create sub-tasks within tasks
- It syncs with your iOS events and calendars
While it's often hard to keep yourself organized what happens when you are trying to keep a whole family, work group, study group, team, club, etc. organized? Not to worry as the OrangeCal app has been created to keep groups organized and well managed, serving a very helpful purpose. The idea is that this calendar is shared among the full group so everyone sees the same information and knows what is happening and when. At the same time you can set up a private calendar that just you will see, so this one truly is a multi-tasker.
- Use this app to keep a group organized
- Everyone in the group has access to the calendar
- Set up a private calendar for yourself as well
- Use this for work, personal tasks, for a family, a team, etc.
- Add events with ease
Often, those apps with advanced tools and features can tend to be confusing and overwhelming to use. That isn't the case at all with the Things app that manages to strike a balance between advanced tools and features in a user-friendly interface. Its core purpose is to keep you organized in a simple manner, which means you shouldn’t have to spend all kinds of time figuring out the app and navigating it. The Today screen is excellent as you can get a quick glance of what you've got going on whether it be personal items, work, school-related, anything. You also have the ability to add tags, which keeps you that much more organized.
- Stay organized with advanced features
- Make use of the tags
- Use the app for personal, work, school, or other purposes
- The user interface has been made to be simple and sleek
- The Today screen gives you a look at your day in one glance
If you find that money is the area that you seem to have problems staying organized and well-managed, then it's time to discover what the Mint app can do for you. This app provides users the tools they need to create a personalized budget, help them manage their finances, and really take control of their money. There are bill reminders you can set up, you can track your spending, get tips on how you can save money, view your finances in graph form, track your credit cards, and even start to see patterns emerge in your spending. At the very least, this app can open your eyes as to how you spend your money.
- Create your own personalized budget
- Track your spending habits
- Set up bill reminders
- Get helpful tips on how to save money
- Track your credit cards
No-one enjoys dealing with paperwork. So, what if there was a way to make it a bit less stressful and time-consuming? That's what the FileThis app attempts to do for users. By using this app you'll be able to take advantage of instant account and bill organization so you aren't stuck doing it. Standout features include being able to snap a photo of a receipt so you can hang on to it, set up payment reminders, instantly locate a bill or statement, see your payments coming up displayed on a calendar, the dashboard shows your account updates, and all your information is kept secure and safe.
- Set up reminders for upcoming bills
- Get instant account and bill organization
- Store and save receipts by taking photos of them
- Safe and secure way to keep your personal info
- Account updates displayed on dashboard
There are all kinds of reasons people need to keep track of inventory and that's why the Tap Forms Organizer and Secure Database app exists. People automatically think of businesses when they hear the word "inventory" but it's also for personal use. You can keep track of your movie collection, jewellery, art and then provide this information to your home insurance provider. Then again, maybe it’s for something simple like a wish list or shopping list. It’s really up to you how you choose to use this app. Features include AirDrop support, there are pre-loaded lists you can work from, iCloud support, the ability to share with friends, and more.
- Create inventory lists for work or personal use
- There are pre-loaded lists to use
- The app supports iCloud and AirDrop
- Share lists with others
- Create search rules for your list
Inputting tasks while on the go or in a hurry is made simple with the Canvas by Instructure app. This one makes it possible to set up your tasks quickly, view them any time you want, check out your course discussions, syllabus, and schedule, turn in your homework assignments, get a look at your grades, respond to messages in your inbox, the list literally goes on and on. This is a must-have companion tool for students. There is also what is called Canvas groups through the app, and you can easily join in and start chatting.
- The perfect companion-tool for students
- View your grades and marks
- Respond to messages in your inbox
- Take part in Canvas groups
- Turn in your homework assignments
If you're the type that isn't satisfied with basic tools and features when it comes to calendars, tasks, and organization, then you need something powerful like the myCal PRO app. Go ahead and set up your appointments, important meetings, tasks, get-togethers, and anything else. There's a good chance once you start using this app, you'll never miss an important event again. Standout features include a copy and paste function, the ability to scroll through your whole week quickly, a list view, you can share details with others, view in portrait or landscape mode, and the ability to customize the app.
- The app is loaded with advanced features and tools
- View in different modes, Keep track of important events
- Customize the app to your ideal settings
- Make use of the copy and paste function
- Scroll through your week quickly to see upcoming plans