If you’re looking for a casual game that you can pick up and play whenever you want, then check out these wonderful and challenging puzzle apps. These puzzles range in difficulty levels, themes, and between adult-based or kid-based. This list features a collection of puzzles for you to try to solve. You’ll find some offerings are ideal for young ones, while others are better suited to adults. No matter which app you pick, you can be sure that you will have a rather challenging task ahead of you.
The best iPad apps for puzzles
6 Feb 2017, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
If you enjoy puzzle apps then here’s one that will certainly challenge your puzzle solving skills. It’s shaped as a hexagon and requires some real thinking here. There are three different modes to add some variation and fun. The app might look simple due to its graphics, but we guarantee that it’s more challenging than at first glance. Create and destroy full lines, three primary directions, drag and drop blocks, get bonuses for combos, rise to the top of the leaderboard and more. There’s an in-app purchase to remove ads.
- A nice spin on the puzzle niche
- Three different modes, Challenging levels
- Create and destroy full lines, Get bonuses
- Drag and drop boxes, Rise up the leaderboard
- In-app purchase to remove ads
When it comes to puzzles, jigsaw puzzles are usually the most challenging to solve. The Jigty Jigsaw Puzzles app gives users a chance to enjoy these challenges right on their mobile device without the mess and space required to put one together. The app states that no two pieces are the same, so you know you're in for a real challenge. As you solve the puzzles they will increase in difficulty. There is the regular mode and kids’ mode to play in and you can even challenge your friends with tournaments and time trials. You will solve puzzles that feature anywhere from four to 625 pieces.
- The app can be played by adults and kids
- The puzzles increase in difficulty as you play
- Puzzles have as little as four pieces and as many as 625 pieces
- Challenge friends with tournaments and time trials
If your child is a fan of Caillou then the Caillou House of Puzzles app is a must have for them. This app is loaded with all their favorite characters as well as Caillou as they work their way through the famous blue house he lives in. Each of the rooms has three missing items and it's up to kids to find the missing item by finishing the puzzle. Their hard work will be rewarded with a fun and engaging animation. There are three different levels of difficulty for kids to choose from, they are encouraged by Caillou's voice, and the controls are all kid-friendly of course.
- Put together the jigsaw puzzles and be rewarded with an animation
- Explore Caillou’s house
- All the popular characters are here
- The game controls are kid-friendly
- There are three different difficulty levels
There's no denying that Disney knows how to make great movies and Frozen is just one of its most recent hits. The Disney Puzzle Packs with Elsa, Anna, Olaf & Sven from Disney’s Frozen app gives kids a chance to put themed puzzles together where their favorite characters from some of their biggest most popular hits are featured. The Frozen theme pack is the latest to be added but there are hundreds of others to choose from. Additional puzzle packs include Monsters, Planes, Winnie the Pooh, Cars, Disney Fairies, and more. All of the packs offer not just a jigsaw puzzle but also word jumbles, word searches, matching games, spot the difference games, and find me games.
- The app features a variety of themed packs
- Each pack offers puzzles, word games, and matching games
- The controls are all kid-friendly
Here's an app that is made for toddlers and young kids. The Kids Puzzles Puzzingo app is filled with kid-friendly puzzles that come with audio, interactive elements, and animations. It takes a typical puzzle and elevates it to something engaging. Not only will kids have fun with the app but they will also be working on their concentration, memory, cognitive, and vocabulary skills. The app is easy enough for kids to use on their own, which also encourages them to be independent. There are free puzzles as well as in-app purchases. Let's not forget that this app also supports three different languages.
- There are free and paid-for puzzles
- The app supports three different languages
- Puzzles include audio, interactive elements, and animations
- The app works on a number of different skills
- Kids can use this on their own
Do you consider yourself somewhat of a vocabulary master? If so you'll want to give the Word Fill app try. This is meant for people that find the classic crossword puzzle to be a bit too time-consuming and challenging, yet they want a word challenge. There is no time limit, and the rules are very easy to pick up on. You can decide if you've got time to play a big grid which is a long game, or a short grid. As well you can play this one offline so there is no need for an Internet connection.
- This is meant to be an alternative to crossword puzzles
- There is no time limit when filling out the puzzle
- Choose the size of your grid (small are quick puzzles, large grids are long puzzles)
- There is no need for an Internet connection
It's time to put your logic skills to the test with the Logic Puzzles app. You'll need to read through the clues, decode them, and then fill in the grid in order to solve the puzzle. The app features 50 different puzzles that range in difficulty level. You are given some content for free to try out and the rest requires in-app purchases. Users love how easy the controls are to use, how challenging the puzzles are, and how addictive the overall package is. Don't be surprised if you find yourself putting in lots of time as you try to master this one.
- This one is meant to appeal to your sense of logic
- Some content is offered for free
- There are 50 different puzzles in total
- The puzzles range in difficulty level
- The app is challenging and addictive
It's time to put your thinking cap on with the Brain Gems app. This one a combination of word association, word ladders, crosswords, word jumbles, anagrams, and fill-in-the blanks. If any of those appeals to you then you’re bound to find this offering intriguing. You are given clues to help you solve each word and these clues take on a variety of forms. There are three difficulty levels to choose from, you can always ask your friends for help on Facebook, and this one will keep you busy for hours. Another bonus is that you can always scramble up the letters in a revealed answer in order to get help solving another clue.
- This one combines a number of word-based games in one
- Ask your friends for help on Facebook
- The game is easy to understand
- There are three difficulty levels
Puzzles can be rather challenging to solve and really appeal to your sense of logic. That's exactly the case with the LogiGrid Logic Problem Puzzles app. This one acts as a workout for your brain and expect to become addicted to it rather quickly. You will need to put to use your critical thinking skills and your deductive reasoning. In this game you need to follow the clues, solve them, and then figure out how they relate to each other. There are 25 different problems for you to work through. This one is perfect if you’ve got just a few minutes to spare or a longer period of time.
- There are 25 different problems to solve
- You can play this one as a short casual game or a longer game
- The app appeals to your critical thinking skills and deductive reasoning
- The game is easy to learn and understand
It's hard to find a game which appeals to all ages but that's exactly what the Little Things® app attempts to do. This one is a hide and seek style of a game. You will look through literally thousands of collages for all the tiny little things. What's great is that each time you launch the app to play, you'll be given a new game. There are jigsaw pieces to collect, badges to earn, and lots of fun to be had. What's fun about this app is how detailed the collages are, and what amazing little things you'll find hidden in the picture collage.
- This one can be played by all ages
- Take a look at a picture collage for the little things that are hidden
- Each time you play it’s a different game
- There are badges to earn
- There are jigsaw puzzles to find