If you are looking to run your business more efficiently, then check out our list of the best business apps for iPad. This list consists of many different apps that will aid in a variety of business roles or functions from managing employees and scanning documents to file management and creating documents. With these apps, you can certainly manage your business on the go.
The best business apps for iPad
17 Jan 2017, by Christine Pamintuan
This app is widely considered as one of the best business apps for users who are just starting a new business and need to create a business plan. The app helps users learn how to construct a business plan, learn about each section, use templates, view walk-through tutorials, step-by-step timelines for starting your business, get extra help from the community and stay organized with a handy to-do list. If desired, there are options to speak to business coaches and purchase additional resources.
- This app helps you create a business plan
- Designed for users that are building a new business
- Walk-through tutorials, Timelines, Templates
- Join a large community, Get help from the community
- Purchase additional resources, Communicate with business coaches
SmartUp is an app designed to guide users in the process of creating their own startup business. There are over 65,000 members of this app, which has turned into a very reliable and resourceful community. Users can test their previous knowledge about startups, view case studies, learn about financing, see trends, learn about product development and marketing, think about sales, growth and much more. You can earn points along the way, which has the potential of getting mentoring advice from top founders and investors. This is an invaluable resource!
- Learn about many different aspects of creating a startup
- A large community of business savvy members
- Get individual mentoring from investors and founders
- Plenty of resources to learn from
- Connect, share and collaborate with others
Are you looking for a way to keep track of your employees such as setting goals, recording incidents, and even logging important meetings? The Employee Manager app can act as the perfect solution. It's meant to make your job as a manager easier and more organized as you can do a variety of things all within this one app. Go ahead and manually add your employees to the app and know that all your data will be synced between your devices. Additionally, it can be backed up to the Cloud. All the details you record and track within the app can also be emailed to the employee for their own records. There are plenty of ways to customize this one so it works for your needs.
- Log, record, and track a variety of information about your employees
- Manually add all your employees
- Sync data between devices
- Customize the app as you wish
Stepping out of the office doesn't mean it has to affect your productivity thanks to the OfficeSuite Pro app. This one makes it possible to view and edit a variety of documents. Go ahead and open Word, PowerPoint, PDFs, and Excel files with ease and speed. Despite the fact this is a mobile app, it has been set-up to feel like your desktop interface so it is familiar and smooth. Features include being able to print from the app, edit a variety of files, make annotations, add photos, and make sure your content stays safe with a password.
- It is set up to feel and look like the desktop interface
- View and edit PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and PDFs
- Make edits and annotations
- Add photos
- Print from the app
- Keep content safe with password protection
Nowadays, there is no need for scanners anymore as there are apps that can get the job done like the Scanner Pro 6 by Readdle app. This one makes it possible to easily and quickly scan a variety of documents, notes, whiteboards, receipts, and more. Once you've scanned the item, you've now got a digital copy which you can share by email, Cloud services, print it, or store it on your device. Your scanned copy will be stored as a JPEG or PDF file. There is also the ability to make edits and then save the scan again.
- Scan documents, whiteboards, notes, receipts, and anything else
- Share digital copies by email, print them, by Cloud, and store it on your device
- Digital copies are stored as a JPEG or PDF file
- The app is set-up to be quick and simple to use
If you're a shift worker or someone that needs to create a reliable timesheet then the Hours Keeper app is ideal. This one acts as a time tracking tool, which allows you to put together a timesheet and then create an invoice based on the content. Features of this app include real-time hours tracking for as many clients as you need, the ability to put together an invoice, both monthly and weekly timesheets, payment and billing tracking tools, and more. The app is also kept safe and secure with password protection. This one is quick to pick up on and can make tracking a whole lot smoother.
- Keep track of hours, it supports real-time tracking
- Create invoices in the app
- Create reports out of your data
- The app features password protection
- View monthly and weekly timesheets
If you use FileMaker then the FileMaker Go 14 app is a must-have mobile tool. This app makes it possible to access all your data as well as inventory no matter where you are. There's no reason to be in the office in order to be right on top of things. This app comes in handy for those that need to work on the road and out of the office on a regular basis. Features include being able to make use of online forms, create invoices, share information with coworkers, and even get signatures from clients and customers.
- This is a companion app for FileMaker
- View all your data and inventory information while out of the office
- Create invoices on the go
- Share information with co-workers
- Get signatures from clients and customers
- Make use of online forms
How do you stay productive? The Todoist app can help you to stay on track, stay focused, and complete all the tasks you've been wanting to do. This app acts as a to-do list and a task manager all-in-one. Despite the fact that it offers a large variety of productive tools it’s still easy and smooth to use. For people that have a hard time keeping track of dates, goals, errands, tasks, and due dates, this can totally transform your daily life. The app now supports the Apple Watch and there is a premium version with even more tools and features.
- The app can be used for business and personal data
- Keep track of errands, tasks, goals, and more
- The app supports the Apple Watch as well
- This one is a to-do list and task manager
If you're looking for a unique way to capture the attention of an audience for your next slideshow presentation, the Haiku Deck Presentation and Slideshow App may be the way to go about it. This one allows you to create presentations, stories, lessons, ideas, pitches, and more in a visual and engaging way. Unlike many slideshow apps this one streamlines the process so that you can put professional looking presentations together in no time. During the presentation you'll be able to use your mobile device as the remote. Your decks (presentation) can be edited anytime you like online.
- Put together professional presentations
- Use the app for ideas, pitches, presentations, class projects, stories, and more
- Use your mobile device as the remote
- Edit your decks anytime you like
- Presentations can be shared in a number of ways
Haiku Deck for iPad app review
If you own a retail business the ShopKeep Pocket app has been created with you in mind. This app is meant to be used with the ShopKeep iPad Register and gives users the ability to instantly view a variety of important statistics from any location. Even if you aren’t in the shop you can still check on details to set your mind at ease. Use this app for real-time reports, the number of transactions performed, your average sale value your net sales, returning customers, new customers, and more. It is giving you professional level information that you can turn around and use to improve your business.
- The app is meant to be used with ShopKeep iPad Register
- Instantly view a variety of statistics while on the go
- Create reports with ease
- The app sheds light on your business