If you run a small or medium-sized business then you will be amazed by just how much usage you can get out of your iPhone. There are many fantastic apps available for the iPhone that are designed for business purposes like: meetings, shift management, document scanners, creating documents, presentations and many more practical business apps. Take a look at the following list, because you're about to find some great tools to help you run various aspects of your business!
The best business apps for iPhone
11 Dec 2016, by Christine Pamintuan
Cisco WebEx is an incredible app and an invaluable business tool especially if your business is already set up to hold WebEx meetings. This universal app is loaded with features including WebEx training center, event center and meetings server. There’s mobile video conferencing, high quality video, 2-way video with camera switcher, voice activated video switching, view content and video simultaneously, supports collaboration meeting rooms, wideband audio support, file sharing, iWorks docs and so much more. Easily invite participants to the meeting, mute participants, see the attendee list and just about anything else you can think of for video meetings.
- An invaluable app for WebEx meetings
- Incredible tool to host meetings with invited participants
- Numerous video switching capabilities, High quality videos
- File sharing, iWorks docs, See who attended
- A Cisco WebEx Host account is needed
Quip makes collaborating with coworkers or staff easy, efficient and productive. Share documents and task lists, enable others to edit documents, real-time chat and messaging within the app, create or edit spreadsheets with over 400 functions, numerous import and export options, access on any device at any time and much more. If you are the manager or supervisor, you can observe, review and edit projects that are shared through this app. Additionally, you can communicate directly to your staff through this app in real-time if you see that something needs edited.
- Collaborate with coworkers or staff through this app
- Share documents and other projects, Allow others to edit
- Monitor and review projects, Real-time chat and messaging
- Access projects from any iDevice at any time
- Multiple Import and Export options
This task management app can revolutionize team projects due to its wide range of tools. Users can create an unlimited number of projects, invite others to collaborate, view the dashboard for access to projects, notifications for updates on work done, customize project boards for better workflow, create Section Actions for specific work tasks, comment on tasks, upload attachments, add checklists, assign due dates for tasks, track time and more. MeisterTask requires a monthly or yearly subscription via in-app purchases.
- A powerful task manager with a wide range of tools
- Create an unlimited number of projects, Monitor workflow
- Assign Section Actions, Due dates, and comment on tasks
- Import files, Get notifications on work updates, Invite others to collaborate
- Requires subscription for full features via in-app purchases
CamScanner is one of the most downloaded scanning apps for the iOS. Use your camera to scan just about any kind of document including receipts, invoices, notes, business cards and more. There are tools to ensure that the scan comes out in high quality, you can extract texts from images, share files with others, AirPrint scans or directly fax them, Collaborate with others, make documents secure and private, sync across platforms and more. There are in-app purchases to upgrade features and to buy the premium subscription service.
- Scan documents, invoices, receipts and more
- Tools to make the scan high quality, Extract text from images
- Set pass code to protect documents, Collaborate with others
- AirPrint scans, Fax directly, Share files
- In-app purchases for more features and the Premium Subscription Service
RecApp is an advanced voice recording app with many practical business purposes like recording meetings, interviewing others and recording your thoughts or ideas. This app allows you to add comments to parts of the recording, share your recordings with others, add instant comments, use tags to highlight parts, customize your tags, create folders to manage files, export recordings, open other audio files and import audio files from iTunes. There is an in-app purchase to upgrade to the premium version.
- An advanced voice recording app
- Add comments and tags to recordings
- Create folders, Save and Organize recordings in folders
- Import and Export audio files
- In-app purchase for the Premium Upgrade
Evernote Scannable makes it easy to scan documents anytime and anywhere. The scans are in high quality, which makes this app already a winner. Did we mention that it’s free? A powerful free scanning app is a rarity these days, but Evernote has delivered. And, if you use Evernote’s main app, then this is a must have. Scan business cards and turn them into contacts, create multi-page documents via scans, very fast scanner, ready to scan as soon as you launch the app, automatically crops and adjust images, easy to share or save scans and more.
- A very fast scanner, Automatically adjusts images
- Is ready to scan upon launching the app
- Scan business cards and turn into contacts
- Create multi-page documents, High quality scans
- Save documents to iDevice, Share documents with others
Here’s a powerful business card scanner that’s great for those of you who work in sales or related professions. There are unlimited scans, add information to contacts, create new contacts and merge scans, scan both sides of business cards, add notes to contacts, back up your cards to the cloud, search and sort cards, full calendar integration, forward contacts to colleagues, scan in any direction and more. This free version is limited in numbers of scans and features. There’s an in-app purchase to upgrade to the Premium version.
- Scan business cards, Add to contacts
- Create new contacts and merge photos
- Scan in any direction, Scan both sides of cards
- Full calendar integration, Add notes to cards, Share cards
- In-app purchase for the premium version of the app
Zero is a great way to turn your email account into a fully function and efficient mailbox. It supports the popular email accounts like Gmail, Yahoo, AOL, Outlook and Hotmail. The app protects your personal data, scan emails without opening them, separate important emails from others, sort by importance, snooze function, email templates for quick responses, intuitive swipe gestures and more. You can also browse or preview attachments and quickly clean up your inbox. There’s an in-app purchase for the unlimited account version.
- An app that allows you to take control of all your email accounts
- Scan emails without opening, Preview attachments
- Powerful organization, Email templates
- Sort by importance, Snooze function
- In-app purchase for upgrade to unlimited accounts
Create beautiful presentations for meetings, work projects and other business related needs. It’s easy and quick to create presentations, edit them and view them at any time. There’s numerous customizable options for fonts, texts images and more, real-time syncing across iDevices and the Web, you can use your iPhone as a remote, share your presentations with others, browse other Haiku decks for inspiration, easy sharing to Social Media accounts, multiple export options, embed Haiku decks in PDF or PowerPoint, share via AirDrop and much more. These presentations are beautiful, rich, detailed and a lot more fun to create than you can possibly imagine.
- An incredible way to create presentations
- Rich, detailed, beautiful presentations, Highly customizable options
- Real-time syncing, Browse other Haiku presentations
- Numerous Import and Export functions, AirDrop capable
- In-app purchase for premium images