Are you the one who manages all of the finances at home? Do you have a job that requires you to keep track of the books or provide accounting services for others? If you answered yes to either, or are just looking to get on top of your finances, then check out our list of the best accounting and bookkeeping apps for the iPhone. This list is filled with apps that provide a wide range of functions from advanced business purposes to small at-home money management.
The best accounting and bookkeeping apps for iPhone
1 Oct 2021, by Rick Rockwell
This FreshBooks iPhone app for accounting is built for business owners and their clients. Balancing your books, client relationships, and business isn’t easy. The FreshBooks iPhone accounting app gives you the info and time you need to focus on your big picture—your business, your team, and your clients. Need a helping hand? Give FreshBooks’ Customer Support team a call and within three rings, you’ll speak to a real human who is here to help you with any questions you might have.
- FreshBooks tracks every dollar in and out of your business so you can run reports anytime to see how business is going
- Time Tracking in FreshBooks makes it easy for your whole team to log billable minutes, and automatically add them to invoices, so all time is accounted for
- Snap photos on the go or import from your bank account, then organize and assign them to clients
- Impress your clients with professional-looking Invoices that clearly show all the work you’ve done...then, just click send
- Automatically track your mileage as you drive, easily categorize business trips with a swipe, and view your potential tax deduction
- Take FreshBooks with you...everywhere
With the QuickBooks Accounting app, you can track miles, create invoices, manage your expenses and cash flows, so you can view your profit and loss anywhere. Download this accounting app for iPhone and run your small business with ease. You don't need to be an accounting expert to do small business accounting. Easily create an invoice and track it with account management tools. Plus, you can always see where your business is with dozens of financial reports available. QuickBooks Online app review
- Track invoices sent (in multiple currencies) so you always know who owes you and who has paid you
- Get paid faster by credit card or bank transfer (requires activating QuickBooks Payments)
- Track your business finances in one place with the Cash Flow business dashboard
- Forecast cash flow over 90 days and use Envelopes to set aside funds for business payroll & taxes
- View your profit and loss to see what you are making and spending, and view your account balances
- Categorize your monthly expenses to make them easier to track
The eAccounting app for iPhone allows you to manage your accounts directly on your iDevices.
Full insights into your Financial Position is right inside your pocket.
Create Journal Entries and generate Financial Reports. Double Entry Accounting at your Fingertips with this
- Manage accounting database for multiple business entities
- Share accounting database with your team members
- Manage Accounts with COA
- Perform Book Closure at the end of each accounting period
- Generate Financial Reports (Income Statement, Statement of Retained Earnings, Balance Sheet, Statement of Cash Flow)
If you are a beginner at doing your own accounting then here’s a simple and quick app that will surely get the job done. Quickly select a category and enter the details. You don’t even need to register to start using this app. Other features include exporting to Excel, check the Overview tab for expenses, sync via Cloud, manage multiple accounts, set recurring entries and more. This app has in-app purchases for the unlimited entries version and for a monthly Cloud subscription.
- A quick and simple accounting app for beginners
- No need to register, Start using immediately
- Export to Excel, View Overview, Sync via the Cloud
- Set recurring entries, Manage multiple accounts
- In-app purchases for monthly Cloud subscription and Unlimited entries
This app has earned praises for being one of the most efficient and effective apps within this category. Users can quickly enter and track charges, manage timesheets, document services provided, products sold, add photos or PDF of receipts, print or email client invoices, track accounts receivable, email payment receipts, track projects, a variety of different reports and more. The app is ideal for independent contractors and small businesses. It does have two in-app purchases for a monthly or annual Premium membership. However, the developers offer a free 90 day trial for this premium upgrade.
- A great accounting app for small businesses and independent contractors
- Enter and track charges, Document services provided
- Document products sold, Add photos and PDF receipts
- Tracks accounts receivable or projects
- Premium version free trial, Paid upgrades to premium version
Accounting Play - Debits & Credits teaches the accounting equation with an iPhone & iPad game. Study materials to learn the equation, debits & credits, journal entries, and accounting theory is included for free. Whether you are studying for the CPA exam or taking your first accounting course, you need this app!
- Debit and Credit coins to learn, study, basic accounting and training.
- Play against the world as you learn.
- Accounting Play will help you learn in a fast and fun way.
- Helps you to drill the different accounts and balances they have.
iAccountant helps users to become their own accountants and manage their money like never before. It’s great for both personal finances and managing a small business. Track all expense, use pre-defined categories that will aid in your taxes, organize expenses, setup recurring transactions, schedule transactions, account transfers, snapshots of receipts, email expenses, create PDF reports and more. There’s an in-app purchase to upgrade to the full version of this app.
- Become your own accountant with this app
- Can be used for personal or small businesses
- Setup recurring transactions, Schedule transactions
- Create PDF reports, Track and organize expenses
- In-app purchase for full version
IQBoxy makes managing your expenses and effortless process. It has fast OCR technology to digitize your documents in real-time. This drastically cuts down on time on bookkeeping. The developers claim that this will be a pleasant financial experience for users, and so far, the ratings seem to agree. Make sure your iDevice’s camera is working properly. View your expense for this week, last week, today and yesterday. Also view these expenses on a graph. Users can sync this information across other iDevices via the Cloud.
- An effortless and quick bookkeeping app
- Take pictures of your papers or receipts
- Requires a working camera on your iDevice
- View expenses by time period and on graph
- Sync to other iDevices via the Cloud
Breezewroks CRM makes your bookkeeping, team scheduling, communication and billing a “breeze.” Now, users can perform all of these tasks in once place, quickly and efficiently. Log job details, add notes and photos, share job history with team, schedule and dispatch team members, set automatic notifications for customers, accept credit cards, bill customers, send an invoice, integrate with other tools like QuickBooks and more. There’s a free trial of this app, so that users can take a test spin. After the trial ends, there will be a fee of $19.99 per month.
- A wonderful app with several different business tools
- Log new job details, Add notes or photos
- Schedule team members for jobs
- Set notifications for customers, Accept credit cards
- Free to try, Then a monthly subscription
This financial business accounting app is designed for small and medium businesses. With a simple interface, and plenty of options, this app will allow users to perform a wide range of business services. Users can try the app for free and then choose one of the paid subscription options. Create unlimited accounts, manage entire inventories, create and send estimates or invoices to customers, log your expenses, comprehensive reports with in-depth analysis, sync data via Dropbox and more. This app doesn’t require users to have any previous accounting or bookkeeping experience.
- An accounting tool for small and medium businesses
- Create invoices and estimates, Document expenses
- Manage entire inventories, Create multiple accounts
- Sync data via Dropbox, Doesn’t require any experience
- Free to try, Paid subscription options
Users must have an existing FreshBooks Classic account to use this app. Create invoices on the go, get paid online, capture expenses with your camera or quickly add them, track hours on projects and more. The invoices look professional and take just a few seconds to complete. The app will send prompts when creating an app, just in case this is your first time. This app also integrates with the desktop version and it makes tax time easy for you or your tax person. There are multiple in-app purchases. FreshBooks Cloud Accounting app review
- An app that’s ideal for small businesses
- Requires an existing FreshBooks Classic account
- Desktop integration, Quickly capture expenses
- Create professional looking estimates and invoices
- Accept payments, Multiple in-app purchases
Bookkeeping, an accounting app for iPhone is a self-contained mobile bookkeeping and invoicing solution for your iPad and iPhone. The bookkeeping app has multi-device synchronisation using Dropbox so you can work on your books on any of your devices no matter where you are or what iTunes account you use; and it supports as many or as few currencies as you need.
- No limit on the number of company books
- No limit on the number of transactions
- Your data stored on your device. No one has access to your data
- Synchronise between devices using your own Dropbox account
- Works wherever you are