If you are a videographer or just wanting to play around with your iPhone videos then check out our list of the best video editing apps for your iPhone. This list is filled with some incredibly rated apps filled with wonderful video editing options, tools and effects. Your videos will never be the same after trying some of these apps. Whether you are a novice or a pro, we've got you covered.
The best video editing apps for iPhone
9 Aug 2018, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
This all-in-one video making app is a great option for users of all levels looking to make some stunning videos. The app has a ton of features that will certainly excite even the most experienced video makers out there. There’s Fast-Mo, Strobe, Slow-Mo motion effects in addition to 1080p high quality, dedicated controls, live filmlook filters, torch brightness, and so much more. You can save your films to your Camera Roll or to Dropbox. In fact, you can backup to Dropbox as you shoot. The app is free to download but does require an in-app purchase to remove the watermark. There are additional in-app purchases as well.
- A powerful all-in-one video making app
- Numerous motion effects, 1080p high quality
- Live Filmlook filters, Dedicated Controls
- Save to Camera Roll or Dropbox, Also backup to Dropbox as you shoot
- Multiple in-app purchases like removing watermark with purchase
This free video editing and storytelling app is a solid addition to this list. There are numerous editing tools and a community of creative and likeminded users. You are encouraged to share your work and possibly find some inspiration from others. Some of the popular tools are record and edit videos with no time limit, picture-in-picture, drag and drop multiple videos, add photos, trim clip, adjust volume, nudge clips and more. You can also share via social media.
- A free storytelling and video editing app
- A community of creative, friendly users
- Numerous editing tools
- Record and edit videos with no time limit
- Share videos via social media
Turn your photos in an exciting piece of creativity that not only expresses your artistic ability, but it also shows off some ingenuity with this fun app. MoShow allows users to create wonderful slideshows (video stories) that can be shared with anyone via social media. There are many cool effects and styles offered in this app. And, if you feel that you have mastered the basics, you can make an in-app purchase to become a MoShow VIP. Take your photos to the next level with an app that will make you never look at photos the same way again.
- Create video stories with your photos
- Free styles to choose from, Make video loops
- Mix individual elements, Various transitions offered
- Cool text options, Glitch videos
- In-app purchase for VIP Lounge
With over 100 million users across the globe, this is one of the most popular video editing apps for the iOS. It is a free app but does have an in-app purchase to access the Pro version and all of the features found in this wonderful video editing tool. Some of these features include video effects like texts and filters, storyboard editing, a live preview of your work, creative video lenses, a slideshow maker, video collage and more. The developers aimed to make this app the all-purpose video and photo editing app for the iOS. And, they have done a great job at this.
- Creative camera lenses
- Collage Maker, Slideshow Maker
- Powerful video editor with many tools
- Easy to export and share your videos
- In-app purchase to unlock the Pro Version
This app is a highly touted slow motion video editing tool that is just as much fun as it is useful. It has a special feature to import GoPro footage in addition to many other awesome features like: touching the screen to slow video, create high quality content, discover new content, share with others and even publish to the Worm platform that has over tens of thousands of enthusiastic, creative souls. If that wasn’t enough to sell you on, the app is completely Ad Free.
- A slow motion video editing tool
- Import GoPro video content
- Touch screen editing
- Create content, Share content, Discover new content
- The app is Ad Free
With over 80 million users, Magisto is definitely one of the best video editing apps for your iPhone. Express your creativity through an easy to use app that is loaded with features. Transform your photos and videos into magical stories, create music videos, share videos with others via Social Media, choose from a wide range of video effects, create video channels and more. Magisto has numerous in-app purchases for additional premium features, subscriptions and business features.
- Over 80 million users
- Easy to use video editor, Cool video effects
- Create Video Stories, Music Videos and more
- Share with others, Video channels
- Numerous in-app purchases
This easy to use video editor that might just be the perfect app for you to edit your videos while on the go. It has a simple interface that allows you to create videos in just a couple of minutes. Additionally, you can combine multiple videos, add text overlays with various options, apply different filters to each video, trim the video length, change effects like brightness or saturation, add music tracks and much more. This app really simplifies the video editing process so that even beginners can create something that they are proud to share with others.
- An easy to use app, Great for all skill levels
- Takes only a few minutes to make a video
- Text overlays, Add musical tracks
- Change effects like brightness
- Combine multiple videos, Apply filters to specific videos
Cameo is a powerful, easy-to-use video editing app with tons of features. You won’t believe how easy and fun it is to film and then edit and share your amazing videos with all your friends. Add a soundtrack and theme, save your video at any resolution, and share to Vimeo, Tumblr, Facebook or Twitter, save to the cloud, or save to your iPad. If you like to post videos to Instagram, this makes it super easy. Do your kids like to make videos of themselves? This one is perfect for that because adjusting audio and adding captions and titles couldn’t be easier.
- Powerful video editing tools
- Simple and easy to use
- Different sharing and saving options
- So easy even kids can use it
- Free iPad app for editing videos
This app makes you feel like you have your very own video editing studio. In just a few clicks you can create some awesome video stories from your personal video clips and photos. Once created, you can then share via a host of options like social media or SMS. Creating stories is very easy as you simply import the content from your iDevice, preview, stitch, add music and then you are done. Then you can use many cool editing tools like trim, loop, playback speed, and more. There are also many photo editing tools like crop, enhance visual effects, captions, stickers, emojis and more. This app is fun, effective, easy to use and a great addition to this list.
- Like having your own editing studio
- Create awesome video stories in a few clicks
- Numerous video editing tools
- Numerous photo editing tools
- Easy to import content, Easy to export and share content
Any aspiring music video producers or directors out there? If so, then this is the app for you. Create a music video quickly with your iPhone videos and share them with others. Select a song of your choosing, then capture a few video takes, edit these videos with some cool and creative filters, auto edit the music and you are done. This app can be used by anyone and it’s a lot of fun to try.
- Quickly create music videos
- Very simple process to make the videos
- Easy to edit the video
- Share via popular Social Media outlets
- Fun for people of all ages
This app is designed to assist your editing desires with other popular video editing tools. What this app does is it allows users to choose a professional template, customize it if necessary and export it to use as your intro videos. There are 7 templates to choose from and everything from texts to fonts can be modified. Some popular uses for this app are to create intros, announcements and end credits. In fact, you truly won’t be able to fully appreciate this little app until you actually try it out and create something. Once you do, you will love it.
- Very simple to use, Wonderful finished products
- Choose from professionally made templates
- Create intros, announcements, closing credits and more
- Customize the templates for your needs
- Tutorial, Preview work, Easy to Save and Export
Text On Video is as easy to use as they proclaim. Firstly, the app has a sleek and simple design which is great for quick editing and users who don’t want to get bogged down with unnecessary eye candy. It’s easy to pick a song from your library and add it as a soundtrack, choose from many graphics, add text with a large variety of fonts and editing features, and easily save the video to share with others. This app nails its purpose and makes it a great option for those wanting to quickly add text to their videos.
- A design that’s sleek and simple
- Add a soundtrack or graphics
- Quickly add text to video
- Large selection of fonts and editing features
- Easily save and share videos