Volunteering your time to help out with different charities is a great way to make a difference in this world. If you are interested in volunteering, then check out our list of the best volunteering apps for the iPad.
The best iPad apps for volunteering
19 Jan 2021, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
This volunteer app is for active volunteers. If you would like to register to become a USO volunteer, please visit www.volunteers.uso.org today to find your nearest center. Connect with the USO Volunteer Community through this mobile app! From your phone or tablet you can sign up for shifts, report your volunteer hours, see the latest news and announcements from your center, and more.
- 30,000 USO volunteers make it possible for service members and their families to be connected to family, home, and country
- Volunteers are the heart of the USO, allowing them to carry out this mission each day at centers around the world
Manage your activity with the American Red Cross conveniently via the new app! Hold the power of Volunteer Connection in the palm of your hand! The new mobile app will allow existing American Red Cross volunteers to become more engaged with the organization, helping enhance the overall volunteer experience with the organization. This app is for General Volunteers only at this time. Volunteers can use the app to register for:
- shifts, update contact information,
- submit hours, and other tasks typically managed in Volunteer Connection,
- the organization's volunteer management system;
- the check-in/out process for volunteers in events using QR scanning, Bluetooth beacons and more.
MapSwipe is a mobile app that lets you search satellite imagery to help put the world's most vulnerable people on the map. MapSwipe, developed in support of the Missing Maps Project, allows users to remotely contribute to humanitarian missions. Users choose a task in a crisis prone part of the world. They then swipe through satellite images of the region, tapping the screen to mark the location of settlements, roads, rivers, and other features. With MapSwipe, members of the public can:
- donate their time to humanitarian organizations,
- crowdsourcing the arduous process of locating the people who need their help;
- professionals on the ground can get straight to work delivering life-saving aid,
- choose a task in a crisis prone part of the world.
Stay connected to your local and the global PETA organization through this app. PETA app review
- Urgent action alerts
- Latest updates from the organization
- Lets you donate for the network
- Become a quality animal activist
- Regularly updated listings