Volunteering your time to help out with different charities is a great way to make a difference in this world. If you are interested in volunteering, then check out our list of the best volunteering apps for the iPad.
The best iPad apps for volunteering
20 Sep 2021, by  Cherry Mae Torrevillas
Golden, the iPad app for volunteering is the #1 app in the world for service. 8,000+ organizations, including UNICEF and the State of California work with the Golden Volunteering Opportunities app to bring you the best volunteer experience possible. Just a few of the app awards include: Facebook’s “Social Good App of the Year”, Time’s “Top App to Simplify Your Life”, 2x Fast Company’s “World Changing Idea”. With Golden, you can…
- Find non-profit opportunities in your city that fit your schedule and are based on your hobbies and personal preferences
- Track your student and employee volunteering hours for your company, corporation, university, high school, or club
- Discover a sense of purpose while social networking with new and old friends, instead of just looking for love on Bumble, meet up, and dating apps
- Earn Karats rewards points for every opportunity you complete
- Send Karats to family / friends as a way to recognize others
POINT Volunteer near you app is one app to volunteer for any cause. This iPad app for volunteers is your starting point to do more good thigs.
FOLLOW CAUSES & FIND NONPROFITS: Local volunteer opportunities related to the causes you pick will show up on your feed
VOLUNTEER AT EVENTS: Your volunteer feed is personalized based on the causes you pick, and you can filter by the times you’re free.
MEET NEW PEOPLE: meet new people from your community, or you can share the event with your squad (because hey, sometimes you need to shake things up).
To use this app, you must have an account registered on Track it Forward. Track it Forward is an affordable volunteer time tracking platform fit for small and large non-profitable organizations, schools, universities, museums, government grantees and many other types of organizations. With this Volunteers Time Tracking app for iPad, you can log hours through a kiosk, this free mobile app, or the website. Each volunteer through the Volunteer Time Tracking app has access to the following from their mobile device:
- Hour log form
- Selfie, geo-location & signature submission forms
- Personal volunteer timesheet
- Goal progress
- Event sign ups
- Add new volunteers
- Review submissions and verifications
- Approve and reject hours
- Check in & out volunteers from events
- Review what volunteers are signed in onsite
This volunteer app is for active volunteers. If you would like to register to become a USO volunteer, please visit www.volunteers.uso.org today to find your nearest center. Connect with the USO Volunteer Community through this mobile app! From your phone or tablet you can sign up for shifts, report your volunteer hours, see the latest news and announcements from your center, and more.
- 30,000 USO volunteers make it possible for service members and their families to be connected to family, home, and country
- Volunteers are the heart of the USO, allowing them to carry out this mission each day at centers around the world
Manage your activity with the American Red Cross conveniently via the new app! Hold the power of Volunteer Connection in the palm of your hand! The new mobile app will allow existing American Red Cross volunteers to become more engaged with the organization, helping enhance the overall volunteer experience with the organization. This app is for General Volunteers only at this time. Volunteers can use the app to register for:
- shifts, update contact information,
- submit hours, and other tasks typically managed in Volunteer Connection,
- the organization's volunteer management system;
- the check-in/out process for volunteers in events using QR scanning, Bluetooth beacons and more.
MapSwipe is a mobile app that lets you search satellite imagery to help put the world's most vulnerable people on the map. MapSwipe, developed in support of the Missing Maps Project, allows users to remotely contribute to humanitarian missions. Users choose a task in a crisis prone part of the world. They then swipe through satellite images of the region, tapping the screen to mark the location of settlements, roads, rivers, and other features. With MapSwipe, members of the public can:
- donate their time to humanitarian organizations,
- crowdsourcing the arduous process of locating the people who need their help;
- professionals on the ground can get straight to work delivering life-saving aid,
- choose a task in a crisis prone part of the world.