If you need assistance getting to your destination then check out our list of the best iPad apps for navigation.
The best iPad apps for navigation
20 Jan 2021, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
This is one of the best navigation apps. With this Michelin navigation app, you can discover all the ViaMichelin experience and know-how at the heart of its free application (no subscription required): Michelin maps, routes with real-time traffic, 3D mapping GPS navigation with voice guidance and community incident alerts, plus all the services on your route to offer you so much more than a journey. Whether you’re preparing for day to day trips or for the holidays, ViaMichelin and its user community offers you peace of mind and the pleasure of discovery and optimize your route based on traffic conditions.
- MICHELIN MAPS AND SATELLITE
- ROUTES WITH NUMEROUS OPTIONS AND TRAVEL COSTS
- FREE GPS
- REAL TIME TRAFFIC AND COMMUNITY ALERTS
- SERVICES ON YOUR ROUTE: PARKING, SERVICE STATIONS AND MORE
ViewRanger: Hike, Bike or Walk is a useful reference source for adventurers. With this app you can discover inspiring trail guides, download offline maps, and navigate with confidence on your next hike, run, bike ride, backpacking trip or outdoor adventure. ViewRanger works offline without mobile and data signals. Download offline maps onto your phone before you leave home. Then explore wild areas, even without cell coverage.This app includes the following features: Destination Map Apps for iPhone
- Worldwide Maps: Street maps, aerial and satellite images, and terrain maps.
- Best-in-class topo maps by country: See terrain and trail details other maps miss.
- The PREMIUM + USA maps bundle includes four map types: USA Topo, USGS Topo, USA Land Cover, and USA Slopes.
- USA topographic maps zoom down to 1:24k scale in Lower 48 and Hawaii. 1:63k in Alaska.
- Topographic maps for 23 countries, including Canada, France, Italy, UK, Australia and New Zealand.
- GPS navigation & stats
- VIEWRANGER PREMIUM with lots of extra options
Whether you're a pilot or studying to be one, this app will facilitate your understanding of radio instrument navigation. Nav Trainer app review
- Helps you study instruments a much cheaper cost
- Check your learning using the test modes
- Accelerometer support
- Find the right position for the aircraft
- Control the wind direction and velocity
This app will bring you the International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea to help you stay safe and follow the guidelines on the water. Navigation Rules app review
- Handy reference guide for boaters
- Table of contents
- Powerful search functions
- Find the rules quickly and easily
- Email rules to others via the app
This crowd-sourced app will ensure that you get to your destination in a timely fashion. Waze app review
- Free app
- Voice guided navigation
- GPS integration
- See your friends' ETA
- Find the most economical gas station
Whether you are heading out to the great outdoors on foot, or you are planning to go on some off-road adventures, then this app will be the ideal companion. Spyglass app review
- Compass and gyrocompass
- Finder, tracker, and AR navigation features
- Speedometer and Altimeter
- Integrated maps with target positions
- In-app demonstration and help functions