Have you been eyeing those self-help books, but the thought of buying one at the bookstore really doesn’t appeal to you? Here’s a discreet way to get that help you’re looking for and make use of it any time you want with this list of self-help apps. These apps take a look at a variety of issues so you may even find yourself wanting to download more than one of them.
The best self help apps for iPhone and iPad
12 Sep 2021, by  Cherry Mae Torrevillas
Remente is a system of tools and insights to help you lead a richer, happier and healthier life, based on how the brain works and performs. Reflect on how you are doing continuously to learn, adapt and thrive with our mood journal. Enroll in courses full of exercises to manage stress, sleep, relationships, increase productivity and be more mindful.
- A day planner combining your daily to-do’s with long term goals and habits
- A mood journal that helps you realise what affects your mood and wellbeing
- A growing library of courses and exercises from experts and scientists
- Integration with Apple health
If you want you want to relieve stress, anxiety, and depression, then Youper, a Self-care therapy app is what you need. This is one of the best self help apps. You will find motivation and feel calmer with quick conversations guided by this empathetic Artificial Intelligence (AI) using therapy exercises scientifically proven to improve well-being.Created by doctors and therapists. More than 80% of users feel better after one quick conversation.
- Incorporates strategies from Mindfulness, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), and other science-backed approaches.
- It can support you to take care of your emotional health and works alongside therapy or other treatments if you are seeing a doctor or therapist.
- Created by doctors and therapists.
- Affordable, private, and always available
- More than 80% of users feel better after one quick conversation
With the Mend: Go Within app, you will get support on your life journey inward. You won’t be alone with this self-help app for iPhone. People you can trust will walk alongside you and point out some tips and beautiful sights along the way. They are currently mending burnout and breakups, so if you’re burned out or heartbroken, you’re in the right place. Start your journey. Mend is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice, diagnosis, treatment, medical treatment, psychotherapy, counseling, or mental health services.
- Support for your journey inward
- Now mending: breakups and burnouts
- Track your progress
Do you have no problem at all starting a task but seem to run into issues finishing it? If so the Coach.me app may be what you need. This is described as a "productivity coach" and helps users to work on their goals and meet them. The way this app works is that you set your goal and then you start to work on it. The app will track your progress, answer any questions you may have, and it will help you to celebrate all the milestones you reach. Not only will you get support from the app itself but also the personal coaches and the community of users all pushing you forward and giving you the motivation you need.
- Set personal goals and work on achieving them
- You are supported by the app, the personal coaches in the app, and the community of users
- The app tracks your progress, can answer your questions, and will celebrate your milestones
With such busy lives nowadays it can be very hard to unwind, relax, and fight your stress. The Headspace app provides users with meditation techniques they can use to fight all kinds of problems. The app asks for just 10 minutes a day so you can start to learn about mindfulness and meditation and then start to enjoy the benefits it can have in your life. The app is able to track your progress, you will get rewards for using it, you can download the sessions and use them offline, and there are reminders you can set. Headspace app review
- Use the app just 10 minutes a day to learn from it
- Learn about meditation and mindfulness
- Use the sessions offline
- There are reminders you can use
- Earn rewards for using the app
- The techniques can be used to fight stress, worry, and much more
Reflectly is a personal journal and diary driven by artificial intelligence to enable you to deal with negative thoughts, make positivity louder and to teach you about the science of well-being. Be prepared to reduce stress, get perspective, develop gratitude and learn to apply empathy and kindness to every aspect of your life.
- The app uses positive psychology, mindfulness and cognitive behavioural therapy
- It helps to overcome negative thoughts and build a habit of positivity through a journal into your life
- 7-day free trial
- Premium version helps you to make the diary more efficient
If you struggle with anxiety then Mindshift might just be the help that you need. It starts out by helping users change the way they think about anxiety and panic. Then in helps users develop strategies or habits for better sleep, dealing with intense emotions, managing anxiety and more. It’s like having a personal coach to help you through anxiety. Mindshift has a delightful interface and sections that are clearly marked out for easy access during anxious moments.
- An app designed to help users deal with anxiety
- Changes the way you think about anxiety
- Helps to manage anxiety, Sleep and relax more
- A wonderful interface, Easy to find content
- It’s like having a personal coach
Get daily tips for health, success, relationship and more. Add inspiration and motivation to each day of your life. Save your favorite tips to view more than once or to meditate on, share your favorite tips with others via email or text messaging, share tips via Social Media and more. This is a free app, but it does have an in-app purchase to remove ads. If you are in need of some advice and motivation then this app could be exactly what you are looking for.
- Get daily self-help tips on many different topics
- Save your favorite tips to view over again
- Share tips via text, email or social media
- Find motivation and inspiration from these tips
- In-app purchase to remove ads
Here’s an app that helps you improve or unlock the power of positive thinking. The content is by Louise Hay and it will help change the way you think. There are meditation exercises to help you relax and calm down, cutting-edge brainwave technology, multi-sensor learning for all types of learners, multi-modal input and more. There are numerous topics covered in this app. You can download the app for free and get some of the topics for free. However, there are in-app purchases for more topics. LOUISE HAY AFFIRMATION MEDITATIONS app review
- Change the way you think about yourself and life
- Unlock the power of positive thinking
- Meditation exercises, Cutting-edge brainwave tech
- Multi-sensor learning, Multi-modal input
- In-app purchases for more topics
Change the way you think through subliminal recordings. These recordings will help users develop a positive mindset so that they can improve their overall life. There are free samples of these recordings to try before purchasing the full version. The recordings are high quality, there’s background music, several different subliminal topics to choose from and more. The content has been created by a licensed clinical social worker. There are in-app purchases for subscriptions and different topics. Subliminals Work app review
- Change the way you think via subliminal recordings
- Recordings are high quality, Background noises too
- Free samples of recordings, Professional content
- Subliminal work covers many different topics
- In-app purchases for topics and subscriptions
If you're looking to browse the self-help section at the bookstore you can do so in a virtual sense with the Self Help Classics app. This app features 60 self-help books that are actually some of the most popular ones ever written. They cover both business success and personal growth and have been written by inventors, respected thinkers, business gurus, and billionaires. Now keep in mind these are classics so all of these books are from the past but that doesn’t mean they aren’t just as relevant today as they were then. The app features a bookmark tool, the ability to mark quotes that stand out to you, adjust the reading mode, auto-scroll, progress indicators, and you can advance the page by swiping it. Self Help Classics app review
- Get a large digital collection of classic self-help books
- There are a variety of reading modes
- Swipe the page to advance it
- There is a bookmark tool
- Mark quotes that stand out to you