Here’s our list of the best car buying apps for iPhone and iPad. A lot of people enjoy the process of shopping for and buying a car. The rest of the world despises it and would probably enjoy a root canal about as much. The problem lies in finding the car, not in actually getting it. Researching models and trim options, finding the one you want, arguing over the price, and filling out the paperwork are all tedious, if necessary, parts of the process. Now, the advent of technology means there are apps that can help out with that.
The best car buying apps for the iPhone and iPad
12 Jun 2021, by  Cherry Mae Torrevillas
This good car buying app for iPhone will help you buy smarter and drive happier. With the TrueCar app, whether you’re browsing, buying new or used, selling, or trading-in in the US, you’re in charge of the process from start to finish.
- Get the Actual Price for the vehicle you want
- Shows you the average price others paid for new vehicles in your area that are similar to the one you’re interested in
- Get access to extensive selection of pre-owned vehicles for sale across the US
- It’s easy and fast to trade in with TrueCar
This Ally auto app designed for Ally Auto customers to make a vehicle payment just smooth and easy. Access your profile quickly and securely using your Touch ID®, Face ID® or a unique passcode to manage accounts and make payments on the go. They never store personal or account information on your phone. All transactions are secure and encrypted. FICO and "The score lenders use" are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation in the United States and other countries. ©2020 Fair Isaac Corporation. What you can do:
- View payment information, statements, and transactions
- Review and edit pending payments
- Make one-time payments or use Auto Pay to schedule future payments for 365 days a year
- Customize your account profile and alerts
Cars.com is a free app that lists new and used cars for sale near you. Just load the app and filter and sort your results. You can get dealership info, compare listings, and research car models, all in one place. You can see what vehicles are on nearby lots in order to compare price and car information, save your favorites, get car reviews from car owners, and more. It’s also easy to sell your car, too, with three options. It’s easy to contact dealers and private sellers from within the app, use the monthly payment calculator to see how your payment will change based on different scenarios, and you can filter your results by categories.
- Repair and care features
- Auto loan and trade-in calculator
- Extensive filters
- Dealer reviews and directions
- Compare different models
AutoTrader helps you find the car or dealer you need. No matter where you are, you can use it to save cars and searches to your My AutoTrader account and then later retrieve them from any other device or computer. Features include related car reviews, search by keyword, and search for new, used, and certified pre-owned cars near you.You may create a free My AutoTrader account to save your favorite searches and cars, access your saved searches and cars from any other device or computer, and contact a seller by phone or email right from a listing.
- Search for used, new, and certified pre-owned cars
- Access detailed vehicle info
- Search by keyword
- Place ads to sell your own cars
- Map local dealerships and their available inventory
AutoZone app helps you to order the right parts and accessories for your car or truck with just a few taps. Get the parts you need fast with same-day store pick up or convenient ship to home delivery. Track your AutoZone Rewards balance and get information on your local store straight from the home screen.
- Over 5,500 stores across the United States.
- Use VIN decoder to add your vehicle automatically and find the right parts faster
- Use the barcode scanner to check pricing and specifications for any part in the store.
- Manage your vehicles in one app
CarMax makes it easier to find your perfect car when you search its nationwide inventory of more than 35,000 certified used vehicles. You can search by make, model, type, price, year, features, mileage, and more. You’ll see photos and car details and can compare up to 10 cars, calculate payments, share vehicles on social media, find your nearest CarMax store, and see free Vehicle History Reports and expert and customer reviews. You can make one-time and recurring payments to CarMax Auto Finance through the app, calculate MPG savings, and get alerts for saved car price drops.
- Compare up to 10 cars
- Nationwide inventory of over 35,000 certified used vehicles
- Browse the lot and scan window sticker or QR bar codes
- Make and save notes about cars and searches
- Free car buying app for iPhone and iPad
Used Car Search Pro by iSeeCars is exactly what you need to find your next used car. You’ll see cars for sale from more than 40,000 dealerships and private sellers across the country, all in one convenient app. There are 59 search filters so you can search for the car that meets you exact requirements. The best cars for sale at the best prices from the best dealers are always shown first, and the price of each car is analyzed so you won’t pay more than it’s worth. The app also objectively scores and rates each of the dealers who have cars for sale through the app. You can set up email alerts, save searches and listings, and more.
- Cars from more than 40,000 dealers and private sellers are listed
- 59 search filters
- You’ll see the best cars listed first
- Dealers and sellers are rated objectively
- No ads
5miles is a marketplace app that you can use to buy and sell stuff. It is free to list items and free to search for things to buy and services to hire, al within five miles of your location. It’s easy to use: take a photo and list your item. You can add voice descriptions to add a personal touch. Use GPS and your zip code to find potential cars to buy; when you find something that might work for you, send a text to make an offer. When you update your For Sale post, it goes to the top of the list. The app is safe, secure, and fun to use.
- Marketplace to buy and sell items
- Free to list items to sell
- Free to search for cars to buy
- Listen to voice descriptions
- Send a text message to make an offer
Autolist makes it easy to find and buy used cars and trucks. This app allows you to search multiple use car apps and car dealer websites all at once. No matter if you’re looking to buy an SUV or a compact car, this app has the largest selection in any one app. It tells you for how long the vehicle has been for sale, how its price compared to others of similar make and model, if its price goes up or down, and discloses its Carfax report. You’ll be able to search millions of used cars quickly and easily, with large photos of every listing. You can set up price drop alerts, use hundreds of filters, and more, all designed to make it easier for you to find the car of your dreams
- Search multiple used car apps and car dealer websites at once
- Largest selection found in any one app
- Tells you all the info you would want to know about each listing
- Search millions of car listings
- Set up price drop alerts
CarStory helps users like you search for pre-owned vehicles. You can search the marketplace by price, condition or features. This app makes car shopping easy and really helps users to find their perfect car and the best price possible. The CarStory chatbot can provide answers to your questions, you can track changes to listed vehicles, compare vehicles side-by-side, save your favorites and more. Use this app and purchase your new pre-owned car today.
- Search for pre-owned cars to purchase
- Filter results by price, condition or features
- Compare vehicles, Save your favorites
- Track price changes to your favorites
- Chatbot to answer questions
CPlus for Craigslist is the officially licensed Craigslist app for buying and selling. This app is all you need to find yard sales, cars for sale, garage sales, dating ads, apartments for rent, and pretty much anything else you can buy or services you can hire. You can search in multiple cities at a time, set search alerts, and customize your profile. It’s also super easy to post items to sell or services to offer. The app makes it easy to browse ads, search through offers, and buy cars. You can save your searches to your start screen, there are multiple display modes for search results, and you can easily renew, edit, or repost your ads from your iPhone or iPad.
- Official app for Craigslist
- Browse car ads
- Search for particular cars
- Save searches to app’s home screen
- Free app for buying cars
CARFAX helps you shop for used cars with listings from more than 28,000 used car dealers nationwide. And every car that is listed comes with a Free CARFAX Vehicle History Report. You can even shop for one-owners, well-maintained used cars. You’ll be able to use powerful search features and filters, save and compare your favorite cars, and view your recent searches. The app also makes it easy to run a CARFAX Vehicle History Report on any used car to get the information you need.
- Shop millions of used and certified pre-owned cars
- Powerful search features
- Get free CARFAX Vehicle History Reports with every used car that is listed for sale
- Save and compare your favorite car listings
- View your recent searches