If you're trying to lose weight, stay healthy, save money, save time, or any combination of the above,using a meal planning app is the best way to go about it. When you write up a meal plan before you go shopping, you're less likely to impulse buy unhealthy foods and more likely to have a less stressful week because you won't have to worry about what to make or eat for each meal. Here's our list of the best meal planning apps for iPad.
The best iPad apps for planning meals
7 Nov 2020, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
This meal planning app is designed for storing your recipes, creating meal plans and grocery lists, and keeping track of pantry inventory. All in one app! This app is a good tool for those who want to manage their home resources efficiently.
MealBoard is fully customizable. You can manage your recipes, ingredients, food categories, meal types, stores, store aisles, grocery items and many more!
- Import recipes from recipe websites, or add you own recipes
- Scan recipe text from your cookbooks and recipe magazines
- Organize recipes by categories
- Create meal plans, organized by day and meal type
- Reuse meal plans by creating templates
- Set up recipe prep notifications to remind you of tasks ahead of time
- Generate your shopping list based on the meal plan you created
- Input grocery prices and see the total price you're spending
- Add product photos
- Keep track of what you have in your pantry
- Share your recipes, meal plan and shopping list via email or text messaging
- Import recipes and meal plans sent by other MealBoard users
- And many more practical tools
This app is considered one of the best food and recipes apps for the iOS. Instantly save recipes from your favorite Food Network shows, search for recipes in a database of over 50,000 recipes, browse by categories like healthy or desserts, watch how-to cook videos to improve your skills, add notes to each recipe, save and share recipes, view ratings and recipes and more. With this app, you are certainly going to improve your cooking skills, add some wonderful dishes to your weekly menu and enjoy some delicious food.
- A wonderful food and recipes app by the Food Network
- Save, search and browse over 50,000 recipes
- Watch how-to cook videos
- Add notes to recipes, Share recipes
- View ratings and reviews
Weekly Meal Planner has a lot of good recipes to cook. The meal management screen gives you a quick overview of future and current meals. Recipes can also be searched for and saved, with input ingredients showing up automatically in an ingredient list to help you keep track of which ingredients you need to buy
- Meal management screen
- The big database of the popular recipes
- The ingredients will be shown automatically
- Simple and minimalistic interface
Mealime is a healthy eating weekly meal planner that you can customize to make sure the plan works perfectly with your lifestyle and tastes. Over 60,000 people have used the app's eating plans and enjoyed a variety of benefits. Some of the features and benefits of the app include meals to cook in 30 minutes or less, personalized meal plans with simple recipes, personalization options, optimized grocery lists, minimal food waste, and more. You can choose a meal plan including the number of meals you want to cook that week, whether you want leftovers, how many servings you want, and you get choices for dietary restrictions. You can easily replace recipes or ingredients. This is great for busy people.
- Free healthy eating weekly meal planner
- Simple recipes
- Lose weight
- Save money
AnyList helps you to create grocery shopping lists, organize and collect recipes, and does so with a bunch of helpful features. It's easy to add or cross off items, you can add items by voice with Siri, and you can add notes to individual items to indicate brand, coupons, quantity. Grocery items are automatically separated into categories to make it easier, and you can create your own categories. You can enter your own recipes or copy and paste from another source, organize into collections, print, email, and search by ingredient or name. You can sync across all devices and all lists and recipes are backed up in the cloud.
- Create organized shopping lists
- Reorder categories to match the aisles and layout of your local store
- Send lists to a family member
- Save and organize recipes
- Free with in-app purchases
Do you eat meals at King Hall? Want a jump on the rest of the crowd for their tasty items? The Next Meal app will definitely become your stomach’s best friend if you frequent this establishment. With a friendly interface, easy navigation and a simple layout, the Next Meal app makes it incredibly easy for users to view what’s on the menu for the next three meals and throughout the week. It really makes planning your meals easy and convenient. Either you like what’s on the menu or you don’t. But, the good thing is you will know in advance and be able to make the necessary plans.
- A menu app for King Hall
- View what’s on the menu for the next 3 meals
- See what’s on the menu for the week
- Decide whether or not you want to eat here in advance
- Simple interface and navigation
Yummly gives you the ability to search out recipes from all of the best recipe sites and blogs. You can collect, save, and organize your favorites in your digital recipe box, set up preferences and receive recipe recommendations, get optimized shopping lists, and even have your groceries delivered to your door, all from within the app. The search filters let you sort by cuisine, holiday, nutrition, allergy, cook time, ingredients, and more. The app retrieves recipes from all the top blogs and sites like Chow, Steamy Kitchen, Food52, Epicurious, AllRecipes, Serious Eats, and more.
- All the recipes online are now yours to search and save
- Recipe recommendations
- Grocery delivery
- Smart shopping list
- Works with Apple Watch
Fooducate is a weight loss coaching app you can use to help you eat a real food, healthy diet. You can track your activity, food, mood, and sleep. The app is integrated with the Health app and inputs all the information gathered. You can scan over 250,000 product barcodes to see a personalized nutrition grade, get suggestions for healthier foods based on the items you scan, and add your own foods and recipes to track. You can share your tips to help other users, and ask community members questions. When you scan labels you can see if they contain MSG, hidden sugars, GMOs, trans fats, artificial sweeteners, and more.
- Track your food, exercise, mood, and sleep
- Track the quality of the food you eat, not just the calories
- Over 250,000 items in the barcode database
- Ask questions and share tips
- Free with in-app purchases
Vegan Diet Meal Plan - Go plant based the easy way. You’ll get hand-picked meal plans - breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks - every week. With the meal plan making all of the right choices, you will thrive with your healthy lifestyle. Veganism is also about being cruelty free to animals and helping the environment - great steps for the planet as a whole.
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks are all customized for you, every week
- Shopping lists are created for you every week
- The meal plans will work around your busy schedule and help out when you have guests over
- Access to hundreds of delicious and healthy recipes