There are so many different styles of games out there and one that is very popular is the endless runner game. In these types of games, there is no end point, the game never has to finish, you can literally keep going through the game for as long as you like. These tend to be great options if you’re looking for something quick and casual where you don’t have to remember what you did last time or get involved in some in-depth storyline. Here’s a look at a handful of endless runner games worth checking out.
The best endless running games for the iPhone 2021
25 Mar 2021, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
Tunnel Rush, a good endless running app for iPhone is a runner style game with a unique style of controls, hard levels, nice graphics which evoke emotions in a hardly addictive way. Unlike other games, in this action game you don’t control the character, you control the environment around it, relying on the short reaction time of the player to position the world the right way to pass through and finish level with the best score possible.
- Easy-to-learn controls and addictive gameplay.
- Complete levels and beat all your friends on the worldwide leaderboard
- Download now and push your skills to the limit
This is one of the best endless running games. Exciting and fun physics-based adventure!
Jump between vines and avoid dangers lurking everywhere with this endless running app. Earn bananas to get upgrades, specials and power ups.
- Beautiful cartoon & hand-drawn-like graphics
- Fun physics-based gameplay (swing a monkey along vines to get forward)
- Make your run through various landscapes (temple ruins, waterfalls and jungles)
- Collect fruit like bananas and chilis to gain more upgrades
- Unlock special powers such as a jetpack, chili speed boost and eagle ride, and do much more fun!!!
Take to the streets with ANGRY GRAN RUN! Our Angry Gran has been locked away in the Angry Asylum. Now she's plotting her escape, and she needs YOU to guide her through the streets. Run, jump and slide over and around tons of different and WACKY obstacles, including punks and police!
- Mystery Machine with lots of prizes!
- Gran’s clothes are fully customizable.
- Buy and upgrade loads of different power-ups like BULLET-TIME and INVINCIBLE SHIELDS.
- Meet BRAND NEW character, HARRY! - Exclusive to LONDON!
DASH as fast as you can! DODGE the oncoming trains! In this whacky adventure, you will help Jake, Tricky & Fresh escape from the grumpy Inspector and his dog. Try hoverboard surfing and grind trains with your cool crew! Subway Surfers app review
- Colorful and vivid HD graphics!
- Paint powered jetpack!
- Lightning fast swipe acrobatics!
- Challenge and help your friends!
If you're a fan of the Fruit Ninja game then why not check out another game by the developer, this one is called Jetpack Joyride. In this app you'll be able to play as long as you like as you step into the shoes of Barry Steakfries who is a real hero. The gameplay is very simple, just keep touching the screen to lift your character higher and let go when you want him to come down. Of course, there are all kinds of obstacles in your way, which is what makes the game fun and challenging. Jetpack Joyride is High Octane Fun
- The game controls are very simple
- This is from the developer of the Fruit Ninja app
- Do your best to rise to the top of the leaderboards
- Watch out for all kinds of obstacles
- The graphics are fun and cute
Here’s an endless runner that will certainly keep you busy for hours at a time. Tilt the iPhone to control, tap on the screen to jump, collect powerups to bust through the barriers, collect more coins by absorbing them with a magnet, advance through the game and become more invincible, unlock over 40 different achievements, share high scores, invite others to play and more. This game will test your reaction time. There are in-app purchases for more coins to expedite the gameplay.
- An endless runner filled with plenty of action
- Smooth gaming controls, Cool graphics
- Collect powerups, Absorb and collect coins
- Share high scores, Unlock achievements
- In-app purchases for additional coins
It's time to take a step back in time with the PAC-MAN 256 app. This app delivers some serious retro style gameplay that players are absolutely loving. The classic game of Pac Man is here in all its glory with more than 15 power ups for you to get, all the retro ghosts that you know and love, controller support, and the maze style of gameplay that makes Pac Man so challenging and addictive. This game plays and looks just like a classic arcade game rather than a sleek new app.
- This is the retro game from the 1980s
- The graphics and sounds are just like you remember
- There are more than 15 power ups
- The maze is challenging and addictive
- Enjoy the retro ghosts just like in the original game
How would you like to enjoy a game of football that is unique and like nothing you've played before? That's what the Blocky Football app makes possible. This is an endless runner style game in that you can keep on playing. The game itself is easy to understand, the controls are simple, and there are all kinds of characters. The graphics make this one all the more entertaining as every player is done in a chunky block style. Go ahead and compete with your friends, adjust your skills based on the weather, check out different fields, and even share your replay to social networks.
- All the characters are chunky and blocky
- There are a number of characters in the game
- The controls are simple as are the rules of the game
- Share replays to social networks
- The game has a retro vibe
Get ready to step into the shoes of a famous spy in the Agent Dash app. This game is absolutely massive with more than 20 million downloads and counting. The app uses swipe and tap functionality, features awesome graphics, challenging levels, and plenty of action. The game has been described as "intense" and it certainly is. The action never takes a break, which means even if you're playing a short game it's still going to be heart-pounding. The app supports achievements and the leaderboards, and offers HD resolution.
- Is meant to feel like a classic spy game/movie
- The app features achievements and leaderboards
- The action is non-stop making the game rather intense
- Enter the engaging world of spies
- There are a number of levels to work through
Today, it's all about the zombie movies and games so the Into the Dead app is an excellent option. Here you exist in a world that has been taken over by the dead so you need to constantly be on the move and be alert if you hope to live. The graphics are gory, the gameplay is suspenseful and intense, and the non-stop arsenal of weapons you can find and use against the dead is nothing short of thrilling. Go ahead and try to climb the leaderboards, sync your progress across all your devices, and take part in hair-raising missions. Into the Dead app review
- The app is gory, intense, and action-packed
- Sync your progress across all your devices
- Stay on the move if you hope to stay alive
- There is an arsenal of weapons available to you
- Climb to the top of the leaderboards
Instead of just running, why not fight a series of high-energy battles along the way in the Ninja Run Multiplayer 3D Mega Battle Runner for Boys and Kids app. As you make your way through the 3D environments you will need to battle against other skilled ninjas so you'll need to be on your toes. Use your throwing stars, your power ups, the ability to dodge and jump, and anything else in your arsenal. This is a four player game so a few of you can take part in the fun.
- The game offers 3D action
- This is a four player style game
- Your foes are powerful and skilled so you need to really think through your moves
- The app is high-energy and fast-paced
- There are power-ups to help you out
Here's another example of a zombie style game that is out to capture your attention. The Corridor Z app takes place in a typical small town in the country where suddenly a zombie infestation has broken out. Unfortunately those who have tried to stop the zombies have all failed so now it's up to you to save yourself and what's left of the town. Both the graphics and sounds are quite realistic so this game is not for young kids. Get ready to take on the zombies with such weapons as shotguns, SMGs, and pistols.
- The sounds and graphics are realistic and intense
- Use a variety of weapons against the zombie hordes
- Save the town and what’s left of its people
- The game is challenging and not easy to excel in, which makes it addictive
- This is an inverted runner style of game