As a busy, on-the-go stock trader it is of utmost importance that you have the right tools with you to ensure you have the information you need and the ability to make the trade when you need it. There are many apps that allow traders to easily make trades while out and about, gain insight, or even help improve their skills without risking their money (or someone else's). Here is our list of the best iPhone and iPad apps for stock trading.
The best stock trading apps for the iPhone and iPad
18 Jan 2021, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
With this best trading app, you will:
1. Get 2 free stocks, each valued between $2.50-$250, when you open a Webull brokerage account.
2. Get 2 more free stocks, each valued between $8-$1600, when you make an initial deposit of $100 or more.
3. Get a free stock if you refer a friend, get 10 free stocks if you refer 2 friends. More friends, more stocks. Each stock is valued between $8 - $1600. Trade Conveniently with this stock market app.
- Zero Commissions
- Trade Cryptos on Webull
- Access Smart Trading Tools
- Receive a 3-month complimentary subscription to Level 2 Advance (Nasdaq TotalView)
- Available on mobile, tablet, desktop, and web platforms
Commission free stock trading, now that’s smart! With the thinkorswim mobile app, you can trade with the power of your desktop in the palm of your hand. Invest through your iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch™, with one of the top rated trading apps that lets you place commission free stock, ETF, and option trades easily and securely. With thinkorswim mobile, you get the education, innovation, and support that helps you trade confidently with TD Ameritrade, Where Smart Investors Get Smarter®. With this stock trading app, you can:
- Trade stocks, complex options, futures, and forex
- Create and modify advanced orders and add order conditions quickly and easily
- Chat with a trading specialist in real-time
- Live stream programming from TD Ameritrade Network (through our affiliate, TD Ameritrade Media Productions Company)* and CNBC (US, Asia and Europe), and get in-depth company profiles from Trefis** to uncover key insights.
- Practice your trading strategies with real market data
- Scan multi-touch charts with hundreds of studies
- Manage and analyze your positions and view your account balances on all your linked accounts
- Track and modify your watchlists, orders and alerts, including saved orders
- Check out expanding library of education videos
- Enhance push notifications with our Watch App
Stocks Tracker - The most comprehensive stock trading app in the mobile world. Brings you free streaming live quotes, pre-market/after-hour quotes, portfolio monitoring, advanced full screen chart, push notification based alert, economic news, event/earnings calendar, market signal scans and a lot more. Free real-time streaming quotes, no more refresh, no more 15-20 min delay.
- Support all major US brokers for trading
- After hour and pre-market price
- Create unlimited portfolios
- Price on home screen
Portfolio Trader is a sophisticated stock market tracking app for iPhone and iPad, providing in depth analysis of your share holdings and other investments. As both a powerful portfolio manager and stock tracker, Portfolio Trader provides the ability to track and analyse multiple portfolios and multi-currency positions, across a variety of Profit & Loss views and chart options.
- P&L views at all levels - position, portfolio totals and all portfolios
- Individual charts for each instrument across a variety of time ranges
- Optional iCloud sync between devices
- Automatic pricing updates - major stock exchange and stock market prices
MOMO is a stock trading app that tries to help users get in on the stocks that are trending or hot, so that users can capitalize on the market and improve their overall stock portfolio. Set alerts for breakout stocks, stay informed on stocks that are buzzing, view 52 week highs and lows, message and share stock news or tips with others, focus on sectors that you care about and much more. The app is free to use for up to 5 minutes per day. After that, you will need a subscription per month, quarter or year.
- Stay informed on the trendiest, hottest and possibly financially worthy stocks
- Set alerts for stocks that are getting a lot of buzz
- View 52 week highs and lows, Message and share with others
- Focus on the sectors that you are interested in
- Free for 5 minutes per day, but then need an in-app purchase for subscriptions
Get personalized stock market updates on your portfolio with the EyeOnMyStocks app. It has many great features like push notifications, important market news and events from reliable sources as it happens, analysts’ upgrades and downgrades with alerts, earning reports with reminders to prepare for any potential stock movement, stock thresholds that you set according to your needs, real time price updates, reminders throughout the day and more. This is a free stock market app without any in-app purchases.
- Monitor your portfolio with this free stock market app
- Get push notifications, Relevant and updated news
- Analyst Upgrade or Downgrade, Earning report reminders
- Set custom stock price thresholds, Real-time price updates
- Set reminders throughout the day, No in-app purchases
When Apple sings praises of an app then you know that the app is worthy of a download. Stocks Live was touted by Apple and other outlets for being one of the best Stock Market apps for the iOS. It features free sync and trade with major brokers, real time quotes that auto-refreshes every 20 seconds, Global coverage, Buy and Sell signals, unlimited multi-currency portfolios, 450+ market activities, earning calendar, iCloud enabled, over 140+ news feeds and so much more. This app is loaded with options. There’s a base version of the app and in-app purchases to buy additional features.
- Highly touted stock market app
- Real time quotes, Sync and trade with major brokers
- 450+ market activities, 140+ news feeds
- Global Coverage, Buy/Sell signal, Unlimited multicurrency portfolios
- In-app purchases for additional features
Robinhood is a free stock market app that allows you to buy and sell stocks for free. Stop paying up to $10 for every trade! The market data you see is in real-time, you can place trades with just a few taps, and you can easily build a personal watch list. You will pay $0 commission to Robinhood Financial self-directed individual cash or margin brokerage accounts that trade U.S. listed securities using your iOS device. FINRA and SEC regulatory fees may apply, however. Simple color schemes let you quickly discern when the markets are closed and open, and you can track your portfolio through the Notification Center widget. Check our review for more information.
- Put together a personalized stock watch list
- Track your portfolio
- Access market data and quotes in real-time
- Quickly authenticate with Touch ID or custom PIN code
- All personal info is encrypted using SSL
Robinhood - Free Stock Trading app review: stop paying $10 for every trade 2021
This is the free version of the highly popular and incredibly powerful Stocks Live stock market app. In this version you get many of the fantastic tools and features. Additionally, you get to see if this app is for you, without having to spend any money. But, we guarantee once you try this app out, you will definitely upgrade it. The portfolio highlights and tools are worth the download themselves. But, there’s also a wealth of features in this app that includes real-time quotes, global coverage, stock search tools, over 140 news outlets to get the latest financial and stock news, multi-currency supported, iCloud backup or a private backup, free sync and trade with premiere brokers, unique chart viewer and so much more. Check out this free version and then upgrade with the features you need or go for it all and get the fully loaded version.
- Free version of this fantastic stock market app
- Free sync and trade with premiere brokers
- Powerful portfolio features, Reliable search tools
- iCloud backup, Private backup, Global coverage, 140+ news outlets
- In-app purchases for more features or the full version