If you’re looking for a casual game that you can pick up and play whenever you want, then check out these wonderful and challenging puzzle apps. These puzzles range in difficulty levels, themes, and between adult-based or kid-based. This list features a collection of puzzles for you to try to solve. You’ll find some offerings are ideal for young ones, while others are better suited to adults. No matter which app you pick, you can be sure that you will have a rather challenging task ahead of you.
The best iPad apps for puzzles
4 Dec 2020, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
With over 2000 unique Rebus Puzzles to solve it can't get any better nor fun than this.Each Wuzzle or rebus puzzle is a picture riddle that has a hidden meaning within the pics like 4 pics 1 word puzzle. The pic is a cryptogram that could mean a catch phrase, a common saying or a compound word. Your mission is to think out of the box and guess what the wuzzle could mean. In other words, you need to search and find a word that describes the picture.
Wuzzles game app special features include:
- 20 amazing levels of word pun fun that will keep you hooked for hours
- Still stuck? Don’t worry, you can ask your friends on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for help
- Earn coins and stars and unlock a variety of funky achievements by figuring out whats the word puzzle
- Solve more Wuzzles and earn new badges to show your friends how many catch phrases you have solved
- Score points by guessing whats the saying and move up the Leaderboard to compete with your friends
- Conquer the Wuzzle world and become a “Wuzzle Legend” by unlocking all the special achievements
In Maze Machina you play as a tiny hero trapped by the evil Automatron in his ever-changing mechanical labyrinth. Maze Machina combines a simple turn based swipe to move mechanic with a tile based item system that allows for endless combinations of tactical attack, defense and utility moves
- Simple swipe to move gameplay.
- Deep tactical tile based item system.
- 5 distinct game modes.
- 5-10min game sessions.
When it comes to puzzles, jigsaw puzzles are usually the most challenging to solve. The Jigty Jigsaw Puzzles app gives users a chance to enjoy these challenges right on their mobile device without the mess and space required to put one together. The app states that no two pieces are the same, so you know you're in for a real challenge. As you solve the puzzles they will increase in difficulty. There is the regular mode and kids’ mode to play in and you can even challenge your friends with tournaments and time trials. You will solve puzzles that feature anywhere from four to 625 pieces.
- The app can be played by adults and kids
- The puzzles increase in difficulty as you play
- Puzzles have as little as four pieces and as many as 625 pieces
- Challenge friends with tournaments and time trials
If your child is a fan of Caillou then the Caillou House of Puzzles app is a must have for them. This app is loaded with all their favorite characters as well as Caillou as they work their way through the famous blue house he lives in. Each of the rooms has three missing items and it's up to kids to find the missing item by finishing the puzzle. Their hard work will be rewarded with a fun and engaging animation. There are three different levels of difficulty for kids to choose from, they are encouraged by Caillou's voice, and the controls are all kid-friendly of course.
- Put together the jigsaw puzzles and be rewarded with an animation
- Explore Caillou’s house
- All the popular characters are here
- The game controls are kid-friendly
- There are three different difficulty levels
Here's an app that is made for toddlers and young kids. The Kids Puzzles Puzzingo app is filled with kid-friendly puzzles that come with audio, interactive elements, and animations. It takes a typical puzzle and elevates it to something engaging. Not only will kids have fun with the app but they will also be working on their concentration, memory, cognitive, and vocabulary skills. The app is easy enough for kids to use on their own, which also encourages them to be independent. There are free puzzles as well as in-app purchases. Let's not forget that this app also supports three different languages.
- There are free and paid-for puzzles
- The app supports three different languages
- Puzzles include audio, interactive elements, and animations
- The app works on a number of different skills
- Kids can use this on their own
Do you consider yourself somewhat of a vocabulary master? If so you'll want to give the Word Fill app try. This is meant for people that find the classic crossword puzzle to be a bit too time-consuming and challenging, yet they want a word challenge. There is no time limit, and the rules are very easy to pick up on. You can decide if you've got time to play a big grid which is a long game, or a short grid. As well you can play this one offline so there is no need for an Internet connection.
- This is meant to be an alternative to crossword puzzles
- There is no time limit when filling out the puzzle
- Choose the size of your grid (small are quick puzzles, large grids are long puzzles)
- There is no need for an Internet connection
It's time to put your thinking cap on with the Brain Gems app. This one a combination of word association, word ladders, crosswords, word jumbles, anagrams, and fill-in-the blanks. If any of those appeals to you then you’re bound to find this offering intriguing. You are given clues to help you solve each word and these clues take on a variety of forms. There are three difficulty levels to choose from, you can always ask your friends for help on Facebook, and this one will keep you busy for hours. Another bonus is that you can always scramble up the letters in a revealed answer in order to get help solving another clue.
- This one combines a number of word-based games in one
- Ask your friends for help on Facebook
- The game is easy to understand
- There are three difficulty levels
Puzzles can be rather challenging to solve and really appeal to your sense of logic. That's exactly the case with the LogiGrid Logic Problem Puzzles app. This one acts as a workout for your brain and expect to become addicted to it rather quickly. You will need to put to use your critical thinking skills and your deductive reasoning. In this game you need to follow the clues, solve them, and then figure out how they relate to each other. There are 25 different problems for you to work through. This one is perfect if you’ve got just a few minutes to spare or a longer period of time.
- There are 25 different problems to solve
- You can play this one as a short casual game or a longer game
- The app appeals to your critical thinking skills and deductive reasoning
- The game is easy to learn and understand