If you want to know how you can turn your iPad into an important part of your film making career, then check out our list of the best iPad apps for filmmakers.
The best iPad apps for filmmakers
8 Feb 2021, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
Cadrage Director's Viewfinder, a film making app - the app that will transform the way you work.
Cadrage allows you to line up your shots with precise framing previews of any professional camera/lens combination and make sure everybody is on the same page during preproduction and on set. Download this movie making app to enjoy lots of useful features including:
- Accurate previews for thousands of cameras and lenses
- Save photos and record videos
- Add custom framelines in any aspect ratio
- Built-in gallery & project manager
- Create neat PDF shotlists and directly upload to Dropbox or send via email
- And many more features
ALIVE is a short video editing & creative community app for young people from all around the world. You can use ALIVE to record and share your daily life, turn everyday moments into cherished memories, and show your true creativity with video. Stickers, filters, and music are very popular among young people, giving your short video more visual impact and rhythm.
- Capture your beauty with smart camera technology, take a shot anywhere and anytime
- Use any of ALIVE's built-in creative functions to help you create a cinematic experience
- Seamless connections, place videos anywhere you wish
- Sample effects, text, stickers, and music, giving a magical shock to each frame of your video
If you love making cartoons and animation, then this is the app for you!
- Create your animation film right on your iPad
- Numerous features like infinite number of frames and various artistic enhancements or tools
- Full email capabilities
- Ability to share on your social media accounts
- Complete color options
If you're looking to create a stop motion movie, then using this app will make it super easy for you! NFB StopMo Studio app review
- Use both front and rear-facing cameras
- Time-lapse and images per second capturing functions
- Film editing made easy
- Sound recording options
- Export video into MP4 format
This app will help you create shot lists and schedules right from pre-production to the adaptations that take place on sets. Shot Lister app review
- Ability to store hundreds of scenes and shots
- Create schedules based on the shots that need to be filmed
- Let the app know how ahead or behind you are by the minute for adjustments
- Includes templates for shot lists
- Dropbox integration
Got video clips lying around unused? Stitch them together using this app and create an awesome mini-movie.
- Arrange clips in the order you want
- Add audio or music as an overlay
- Effects and filters can be applied
- Social media integration for sharing
- Edit the clips the way you want