If you are a poet who is always on the go, then check out our list of the best iPhone apps for poets. These apps will definitely help inspire you to write your own poems.
The best iPhone apps for poets
16 Jun 2021, by  Cherry Mae Torrevillas
Quotify, the iPhone app for poets is created for a community for people who love to spread and share quotes that inspire you, motivate you or just give you a smile on your face. It is designed to facilitate inner spiritual growth as well as to encourage meaning dialogues. With this iPhone poetry app, you can:
- Get your daily dose of inspiration to start your day fresh and clean.
- Pair up your own words with your own photos or featured images with classic fonts and cool image filters.
- Get inspired by others. You can follow your favorite quotifiers and comment on their quotes.
- Get notified when someone is inspired by your quotes. You can also set up a time to receive your Inspiration of the Day.
- Share your words with your family and friends within Quotify or via Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
The Poetizer iPhone app gives you access to a minimalist poetry social media platform that lets you relax while interacting with a global community of poets, rebels, thinkers and sensitive people. Write about problems that are dear and close to you. Are you passionate about social justice? Maybe you enjoy discussing religion and philosophy, or maybe you prefer to write about everyday life. Whether you are a budding writer or not, you are a poet and it's time to tell the world about it and this poetry app for iPhone will help you with that.
- Give and receive support and feedback from poetry lovers across the world
- Be part of a judgment free collective of creators. Make meaningful connections.
- provides a clean and distraction-free environment for your ultimate writing and reading experience. Build your confidence as a writer and encourage others to write.
- Create your profile, save drafts and publish your poems when they're ready.
- Find and read hundreds of new poems every day and follow the authors you like the most.
Furious Rhymes, an iPhone app for poetry is a fast and powerful rhyming dictionary and rap/poetry writer that you can use anywhere, even when you're offline. With this poetry app for iPhone, you can quickly find perfect rhymes, half rhymes, vowel rhymes, consonant rhymes, eye rhymes, head rhymes, semi rhymes, rich rhymes, and oblique rhymes. You get a database of 100,000+ words right at your fingertips, including meanings and pronunciations. Perfect if you are a song writer, rapper, speech writer, or poet: thousands of rhymes at your fingertips.
- Audio pronunciation
- Notepad to save your songs, speeches, or poems
- Word dictionary has +100,000 entries, the largest you can find!
- Results sorted by word frequency: find most commonly used words first
- Perfect if you are a song writer, rapper, speech writer, or poet: thousands of rhymes at your fingertips
Never miss a moment of inspiration with the Rhymers block app! The lyricist, rapper, song writer, or other creative genius in you thrives on inspiration. On the bus, hanging with friends, or even when you’re in the bathroom — inspiration can strike anywhere. Will you be prepared to capture it? Miss the opportunity and it may be lost forever! Rhymer’s Block is a unique app that allows you to quickly and easily capture your words of inspiration anywhere your life takes you. And if you have a creative block, it can help you with that too!
- Suggests words that rhyme as you type
- Designed to figure out what a word sounds like phonetically even if it’s not in the dictionary
- Will show you rhyme suggestions for words most commonly used first!
- No need to waste your time sifting through words no one uses
- Rhyming words in each entry are highlighted with corresponding colors
- Works offline
- Share your work on The Block and get feedback
Connect to friends on Facebook, create a Rhymer’s Block profile, or hide those “colorful” words in your rhyme
Poemify is a social app that lets poets discover other poets' poems and share their own poems for other poets to enjoy. Poemify supports poems in 30+ languages, Write new poems and share them, save your favorite poems, and follow other poets you like. Discover poems and share your poems daily.
Carry around beautiful poetry with you wherever you go with this app.
- Resources from The Poetry Foundation
- Turns your iPhone into a library of poetry
- Features works from William Shakespeare to César Vallejo
- Save your favorite poems
- Share poems with your friends through Facebook, Twitter, or email
Learn how to write your very own poems with ease with this magazine, available in digital form at your fingertips.
- Monthly issues
- 112 “pages” for every issue
- Submit your works for a free critique
- Step-by-step tutorials
- Allows daily consultation
Create poetry of all kinds, be it a hip-hop song or a Shakespeare sonnet!
- Simple mashup of poetry verses with songs
- Write a good poem anytime of the day
- Share resources through Facebook or Twitter
- Sets your creativity ablaze
- Links with third-party dictionaries