Weather apps have improved significantly since they were first released on the App Store, and most of them now include weather widgets so you can check out what it's doing outside without launching the app. It's not such a big deal anymore to have a great weather app, because most of them are pretty excellent, but there are a few that stand out from the crowd. Here's our list of the best iPhone apps for weather.
The best iPhone apps for weather
6 Jun 2021, by  Cherry Mae Torrevillas
“14 Days Weather” is the simplest weather app and one of the best weather apps for iPhone! Thanks to its
geolocation, you know immediately the weather for your current location. To get a forecast for any other location worldwide, you just have to ask the built-in search engine! "14 days Weather" is a great FREE weather app with the following features:
- Daily forecasts for the next 14 days
- Hourly weather forecasts for the next 24h
- 2 hourly weather forecasts up to 14 days
Get the prediction power of the Snow Day Calculator in an App. Using just your zip code, David Sukhin's famous Snow Day Calculator will predict the chance of a snow day. The Snow Day Calculator, one of the weather apps automatically pulls weather information from the National Weather Service and uses a carefully developed formula.
- The most recent weather information
- Becomes available at noon each day
- Join your School and get even more accurate weather predictions
- Gives super accurate snow day predictions for your school
- Sign up for Snow Day Notifications for up to three days in advance
Wind, waves, weather and tides anywhere in the world for kitesurfing, windsurfing, surfing, sailing, and fishing.This Windfinder weather app gives detailed wind forecasts and weather forecasts that let you always find the spot with the best wind, waves, and weather conditions for your sport. Current wind measurements and weather observations, so that you can make your own weather predictions. Parameters displayed: Wind strength & direction, gusts, air temperature and "feels like" temperature, clouds, precipitation, air pressure, relative humidity, wave height, wave period, and wave direction.
- Detailed wind forecasts and weather forecasts for over 40,000 spots
- Displays current wind measurements and weather measurements in real-time from over 20,000 weather stations
- Tide forecasts for high and low tides for over 8,000 locations around the world
- Measurements listed in knots, Beaufort, km/h, m/s, and mph
- Optimized data transfer – which enables a quicker load speed and is ideal for data usage restrictions
- Topographic maps, and satellite imaging provide a quick overview of weather conditions and serve as a navigational aid (weather routing)
The Windy app gives you up to date weather forecasting on a next level visualization app. One of the most accurate and detailed weather apps available on the market. This app builds their data from across the globe and distills the information into a high-resolution image at your fingertips. This app offers over 40 different weather maps from rain, temperature, humidity, and many more.
- Create your personalized email alerts for foul weather and other alerts.
- Check on nearby weather stations, different altitudes, time zones, and airports.
- Developer is responsive to the community
This weather app takes a unique approach to displaying the latest weather information. The developers have 7 days of weather conveyed via a minimalistic graph. It’s an easy way to view the weather with a somewhat peaceful feel. There’s beautiful visualizations for the temperature, rain, humidity and more. Stay informed with severe weather warnings, get daily weather alerts, schedule weather notifications and much more. Users can also integrate their Calendar with this app. Fresh Air has an in-app purchase for the premium version.
- A fresh way to look at the weather
- Displayed via a minimalistic graph, Beautiful visualizations
- Get daily weather alerts, Severe weather alerts
- Calendar integration, Schedule weather notifications
- In-app purchase for the premium version
Weather Mate is a beautifully designed, accurate weather app that combines craftsmanship with cutting-edge weather technology. It gives users the most accurate information possible and is suitable for both basic and advanced users. You'll see current weather conditions, hourly forecasts, 10-day forecasts, astronomical information, and severe weather alerts. You can choose from choose from the proffered locations or retrieve weather information for your location using your iPhone's GPS. You can also have the app speak out the weather conditions for you. The app uses weather data from Weather Underground so you have the most reliable information possible.
- Uses Weather Underground data
- Reliable and accurate
- Speaks out the weather for you
- Hourly, daily, or 10-day forecasts
- Free weather app for iPhone
Here's an awesome free weather app which will provide users with hourly as well as 10-day forecasts, with details on the current meteorological conditions at over 2.6 million locations worldwide. Severe weather warnings from NWS and NOAA are integrated into the app. Not only will this app give you weather info, however, it will also let you know weather-influenced lifestyle factors including traffic conditions, workouts, sports games, chronic pain, and allergies.
- Real-time weather as well as hourly and 10-day forecasts
- More than 2.6 million locations
- Forecasts for lifestyle factors such as sports, workouts, allergies, and more
- Severe weather warnings from NWS and NOAA
- Real time traffic conditions
A fast and powerful weather app gives you up to date weather patterns at the touch of a button. Several different options for weather maps allow you to see any type of condition you need. Push information to your Apple Watch for updates on the go. One of greatest features of the app comes from a patent pending rain prediction program, give you hyper-local rainfall calculations. Set up your own notifications that give you control over the app.
- Check out real time hurricane tracking that shows prediction cones if you live in a danger zone
- Have up to the minute weather predictions right to your iPhone or iWatch
- This indie developer focuses solely on this app
YoWindow Weather is a new weather app that shows a living landscape that shows you what your weather is doing; if it's snowing outside, it's snowing in YoWindow. You'll see a sunset in the app when the sun is setting in your location. You can also see the future: swipe the screen and you'll see how the weather is going to change as the day goes on. You can see the current weather, today's forecast, and the forecast for the next several days. The artwork in this app is amazing and shows the change of seasons. Just fit the landscape that is most suitable for your area for the most realistic experience. As the developer says, it's like having a window in your pocket.
- Shows a living landscape that reflects the real weather
- Sunrise and sunset shown as same time as your location
- See current weather, today's weather, and for next few days
- Weather info provided by yr.no and NWS
- Free iPhone app for weather
Weather Live Free gives you timely and relevant weather conditions displayed with catchy icons. To receive more details, swipe and you'll see eight adjustable weather parameters and forecasts. This app will make you feel like you're already outside. You will see forecast temperatures for the next 24 hours and seven days in graphs. Some of the “deep” weather detail you can see includes pressure, sunrise and sunset times, today's max and min temperatures, the “feels like” temperature, and humidity and precipitation information. You can set it to 12- or 24-hour format and view in day or night time mode.
- Timely and relevant weather conditions
- Freeze alert
- Confirm your weather and be a weather reporter
- Share across social networks
- Full version is available as a separate app
Weather+ Free gives you the current weather conditions along with a five-day forecast for all worldwide weather stations. You get a World Clock and a Flip Clock so you can use your iPhone as a weather station, and the full-screen video (in-app purchase) makes it easy to visualize all the information. You get weather and time details for an unlimited number of cities, wind direction and speed details, and other standard weather information. Swipe the screen to the right to switch between your chosen locations. You can change the arrangement of the widgets manually.
- See humidity, precipitation, pressure, and visibility details
- Fully functional on all devices
- Change the arrangements of the widgets
- Real weather condition videos
- Free with in-app purchase for the video pack
AccuWeather - Weather for Life lets you share your weather observations and view real-time crowdsourced maps. It offers minute-by-minute precipitation forecasts for the next two hours for your exact street address or GPS location. Widgets are available, you can receive pushed weather alerts, and you will see animated weather radar and maps to track storms. You can also watch top-trending weather videos from AccuWeather's Video Wall. If there is a weather detail you don't care to see, just customize the current weather conditions shown to hide it. Want a quick glance? Check out the Local Forecast Summary.
- Your Daily Snapshot
- Customizable current weather conditions
- Interactive elements
- See forecasts for all your favorite locations
- Free with in-app purchase to remove ads
Beautiful Weather gives you accurate forecasts and severe weather alerts in a beautiful interface you're sure to love. The forecasts are reliable and accurate, the displays and controls are intuitive, and the stereoscopic panorama view will get you hooked. The standard version lets you use all the core features; the premium version, available via an in-app purchase, gives you more features, push services, and removes the ads. The free version has an interactive globe, severe weather warnings, and more. Check out this app and you'll quickly see why they called this app “beautiful.”
- Reliable and accurate weather forecasts
- Intuitive controls
- Severe weather warnings
- Stereoscopic panorama view
- Free with in-app purchase to upgrade to premium
Stay informed on the weather with Weather & Radar. You will get hourly forecasts for any location in addition to radar images that show cloud, thunderstorms, temperature, and rain that updates every five minutes. You'll get eight-day weather forecasts and information on precipitation, wind strength, hours of sunshine, and hour-by-hour weather forecasts. Want to know what it's like in Ireland? This app will show you. It has a worldwide location finder, widgets, and you can add any location to your favorites. Want to share the information you see? You can do that, too. Upgrade to the Premium features and you get rid of the ads, are able to zoom the radar image, and you can access the information on up to five devices.
- User-friendly search function
- Add locations to favorites
- Radar maps update every five minutes
- Live Rainfall Radar
- Free with in-app purchase for Premium version
Living Weather HD free shows you current national and worldwide weather conditions. You'll see the current temperature and the forecast on animated scenes that match the conditions described. You can see relaxing rain scenes, ocean views, and real thunderstorms. Choose weather conditions to match how you feel or show random ones. This is the iPhone version of the Mac weather app, so if you love that one, try out this version. You can choose your location based on the airport code, your address, or use GPS. All of the features are included in this free app; the in-app purchase removes the ads. There's a sleep timer option and you can choose small, large, or hidden weather widget display.
- See current national and worldwide weather conditions
- Animate scenes match the weather conditions
- Choose a scene to match your mood
- Set location based on airport code, address, or GPS
- Free with in-app purchase to remove ads