Whether you are looking to learn how to cook, want to brush up on your skills, or simply learn some new techniques, then check out our list of the best iPad apps for cooking.
The best iPad apps for cooking
21 Apr 2020, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
Editors’ Choice app for learning new skills from a variety of the masterclasses from the greatest. Here are the tips, secrets, and building blocks to greatness. Make learning a daily experience. Each MasterClass has video lessons that fit into any part of your day. Take each next lesson as you are ready: binge, skip ahead, repeat until you’ve got it down.
- Cinematic visuals with close-up, hands-on demonstrations that make you feel one-on-one with the instructor
- Snapshots with the lessons about 5 minutes long that will introduce you to the favorite classes
- The All-Access Pass gives you access to every MasterClass and new ones as they launch
- The Short Cut is a condensed class that will bring you highlights from an instructor in about 20 minutes
Little Green Spoon is filled with over 200 delicious, quick and easy plant based recipes. There are recipes for every occasion - quick breakfasts, grab and go lunches, speedy one pot dinners, irresistible desserts, handy snacks and everything in between. The recipes are all simple and easy, created to inspire you to get into the kitchen and eat more plants.
- App exclusive recipes added every month
- Generate and save shopping lists from recipes in the app
- Save your favourite recipes so you can find them easily
- Estimated cooking time for each recipe
This is Jamie Oliver's official app where you can subscribe to receive not only recipes but also other cooking tools including the ability to create shopping lists, and more.
- Learn how to cook many of the chef's best recipes
- Extremely well-designed
- Includes a number of videos and recipes that are updated monthly
- Walks you through the entire cooking process with Retina photography
- Free of charge to download
This free app comes with a vast collection of over 400 recipes to help you put out creative dishes on the dinner table.
- Variety of recipes suitable for vegetarians as well as those who eat meat
- Covers many types of cuisines
- Clipboard capabilities
- Share recipes through email and Facebook
- Over 2000 recipes can be bought via in-app purchases
This app will bring you the Cooking with Paula Deen magazine along with a whole bunch of extras for all the fans who can't get enough of those deep-fried twinkies!
- Magazines can be bought for $4.99 for two simultaneous issues
- 6-month and 1-year subscription rates are heavily discounted at $10.99 and $19.99 respectively
- Auto-renewing subscriptions
- Fast and reliable downloads
- Intuitive, interactive interface
Epicurious has been a highly popular cooking resource for years for home cooks around the world.
- Cook Mode contains Voice-activated command input for hands-free cooking
- Over 30,000 tried and tested recipes
- Variety of categories ranging from Gluten-Free to Hearty Sandwiches
- Read the ratings, comments, and suggestions by other users who've tried the recipes
- Thousands of professionally-taken images
Get the Fine Cooking Magazine in digital form through this app, so you can access it anytime, anywhere from the comfort of your iPad.
- Get access to tried and tested recipes to create awesome meals
- Learn the hows and whys of cooking
- Purchase other publications individually including CookFresh, Fine Cooking, and more
- Auto-renewing subscriptions
- Purchase single copies
This app will enable you to watch the Cooking Channel from the comfort of your iPad. What's more is that it's completely free of charge!
- Watch the latest episodes for free
- Watch clips of your shows without logging in
- Create a playlist of your favorite shows and chefs
- Pick up where you left off watching a video
- Access the Cooking Channel TV Schedule