Whether you are looking to learn how to cook, want to brush up on your skills, or simply learn some new techniques, then check out our list of the best iPad apps for cooking.
The best iPad apps for cooking
27 Dec 2020, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
The cooking app revolutionizes the dining experience by empowering customers and restaurateurs alike with an interactive and robust digital menu presented on the iPad.
Now you can ditch the static and boring paper menus of yesteryear and offer your customers the very finest dining experience. With our iPad menus, you can view high-resolution images of dishes, request your server’s attention, place orders, send custom feedback and requests directly to the chef, and even share the experience on your Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- Create an unlimited number of menus, happy hour & holiday promos, and automatic switch-overs from breakfast, lunch & dinner
- Wine/Beer List: Multiple sorting options. Make dinner/drink pairing recommendations
- Self-Ordering digital menus increase average order size and impress guests
- Real time reservation system
- 24-hour technical support – Always available, always free
Editors’ Choice app for learning new skills from a variety of the masterclasses from the greatest. Here are the tips, secrets, and building blocks to greatness. Make learning a daily experience. Each MasterClass has video lessons that fit into any part of your day. Take each next lesson as you are ready: binge, skip ahead, repeat until you’ve got it down.
- Cinematic visuals with close-up, hands-on demonstrations that make you feel one-on-one with the instructor
- Snapshots with the lessons about 5 minutes long that will introduce you to the favorite classes
- The All-Access Pass gives you access to every MasterClass and new ones as they launch
- The Short Cut is a condensed class that will bring you highlights from an instructor in about 20 minutes
Little Green Spoon is filled with over 200 delicious, quick and easy plant based recipes. There are recipes for every occasion - quick breakfasts, grab and go lunches, speedy one pot dinners, irresistible desserts, handy snacks and everything in between. The recipes are all simple and easy, created to inspire you to get into the kitchen and eat more plants.
- App exclusive recipes added every month
- Generate and save shopping lists from recipes in the app
- Save your favourite recipes so you can find them easily
- Estimated cooking time for each recipe
This app will bring you the Cooking with Paula Deen magazine along with a whole bunch of extras for all the fans who can't get enough of those deep-fried twinkies! Cooking with Paula Deen Magazine app review
- Magazines can be bought for $4.99 for two simultaneous issues
- 6-month and 1-year subscription rates are heavily discounted at $10.99 and $19.99 respectively
- Auto-renewing subscriptions
- Fast and reliable downloads
- Intuitive, interactive interface
Epicurious has been a highly popular cooking resource for years for home cooks around the world. Epicurious Recipes & Shopping List app review
- Cook Mode contains Voice-activated command input for hands-free cooking
- Over 30,000 tried and tested recipes
- Variety of categories ranging from Gluten-Free to Hearty Sandwiches
- Read the ratings, comments, and suggestions by other users who've tried the recipes
- Thousands of professionally-taken images
Get the Fine Cooking Magazine in digital form through this app, so you can access it anytime, anywhere from the comfort of your iPad.
- Get access to tried and tested recipes to create awesome meals
- Learn the hows and whys of cooking
- Purchase other publications individually including CookFresh, Fine Cooking, and more
- Auto-renewing subscriptions
- Purchase single copies
This app will enable you to watch the Cooking Channel from the comfort of your iPad. What's more is that it's completely free of charge! Watch Cooking Channel app review
- Watch the latest episodes for free
- Watch clips of your shows without logging in
- Create a playlist of your favorite shows and chefs
- Pick up where you left off watching a video
- Access the Cooking Channel TV Schedule