"Going green" is more than just a slogan or marketing campaign; it's a way of life for many people across the globe. If you are committed to going green then check out our list of the best green apps for the iPhone.
The best green apps for iPhone
27 Dec 2020, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
With this environment app discover the favorite places for Zero Waste Lifestyle. Find bulk stores, zero waste shops, Zero Waste Friendly, vegan cafes and restaurants, waste-free activities and more. Download the zero waste app that will help you always be environmentally friendly.
- Find your area on the map and the places for Zero Wasters close to you
- Check out your next travel destination ahead of time
- For each location find helpful information on how to shop, eat, enjoy without creating trash
- Want to add your favorite place?
The Flora app is the official partner of Trees.org, one of the largest tree-planting NPOs in the world. Whenever you and friends want to stay away from the distraction on smartphones, plant a seed together (or alone) using Flora. This way, Flora creates a shared goal that helps you and friends put down the phones and be productive in an effective way.
- The guilt of killing a tree stop you from using those addictive apps or games
- Set goals and reminders to plant trees regularly
- Share your trees or forest on Google Classroom, Remind, Class Dojo, Quizlet or other communities to motivate people
- Flora supports offline planting so you can stay focused at anywhere you want
When you use the Ecosia app to browse the web, your searches are helping to plant trees and reverse the effects of climate change. The Ecosia community is planting millions of trees every month across the world’s most threatened biodiversity hotspots, simply by searching the web. The more people that use Ecosia, the more trees can be planted.
- All the searches are always SSL-encrypted
- The own solar plant powering the servers on 100% renewable energy
- Monthly financial reports and tree-planting receipts are published on the website
- Follow the journey to 1 billion trees
Find out several ways in which you can help your community by recycling with this app!
- Includes more than 1.6 million ways for you to recycle
- Provides recycling instructions for more than 350 different materials
- Learn how to become green-savvy in your daily life
- Receive information based on your current location
- Connect socially with other green-minded individuals
Learn how to eat cleanly and greenly with this lovely app!
- Support your environment by opting for organic and sustainable foods
- View detailed recipes
- Learn about the nutritional content of natural foods
- Easily convert between metric and imperial systems
- Share your cooking prowess with others online via Facebook and Twitter