If you're one of those people who love to train and run the 26-mile races, or want to train for your first one, then have a look at our list of the best iPhone apps for marathon runners.
The best iPhone apps for running
17 Sep 2021, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
Track your fitness activity with Strava, the iPhone app for running. The Strava running app allows you to record your run, map a cycling route & analyse your training with all the stats – for free! Whether you're training for a marathon or simply love taking your bike out for a ride, turn your smartphone or GPS watch into a sophisticated tracker with Strava. Join millions of athletes and active people and reach your fitness goals!
- Get key stats like distance, pace, speed, elevation gained & calories burned
- Mix up your training with the world's largest trail network
- Push yourself with monthly Challenges & compete with others
- Compare your running, cycling and swimming performance over time
- Track your progress & analyse your performance on your iPhone, Apple Watch, or pretty much any GPS device
iRunner, the iPhone app for joggers is the perfect free running workout and cardio fitness tracker for helping you track your indoor or outdoor exercise by distance, route, speed, and time. With the iRunner Jog Tracker app, you can track both daily steps and activity, plus runs, walks, gym workouts, etc. With a built in GPS, this app is the best way to map your progress, whether you are a casual runner or training for a 5K, 10K, half or full marathon!
- GPS routes for any of your outdoor workouts.
- Voice feedback during your workout.
- Track critical health metrics such as weight, blood pressure, resting pulse and sleep.
- Sync to the web for easy access.
- Share your workouts by email, Facebook, Twitter
Achieve your goals with the ASICS Runkeeper ™ long distance runner iPhone app. The Runkeeper Distance Running app lets you track your exercise, set measurable goals and see your progress along the way. Whether you're starting a run, exercising before a race, or trying to set a new personal best, there is help.
- Record activities like running, walking, biking, hiking and more manually or with GPS
- Maybe you want to get faster, run farther or lose a little weight. No matter your goal, you will get help to reach it
- Choose the stats you want to hear during your activity like pace, distance, and time
- Choose a personalized plan that will help get you out the door, day after day
- Get exercise rewards, participate in virtual running groups and share achievements
TrainingPeaks, the iPhone app for training is the perfect fitness app for endurance athletes of all ability levels. Whether your goal is to run a half marathon, finish a Gran Fondo or complete an IRONMAN, theTraining Peaks app will help you reach your fitness goals. TrainingPeaks is compatible with with over 100 apps and devices including the Apple Health app. Plus, Auto-Sync feature allows you to automatically upload workouts completed with your Apple Watch or popular fitness devices such as Garmin, Suunto, Polar, Coros, Fitbit and Zwift.
- Quickly view today’s workout on the go
- Record workouts with your Apple Watch
- Add events to your training calendar and track your progress toward those goals
- Weekly Snapshot shows your fitness summary at a glance
- Keep track of how many miles you’re putting on your gear
Get in a run or walk & collect some distance for Run Wild! You can still overtake Gaia, a GPS-tracked mountain lion with the iPhone app for runners. Join over 170m people who have used adidas Running. The adidas Running app is more than just a run tracker. With regular challenges and virtual races, you'll always be motivated. Get active with your favorite sports like running, hiking, cycling, yoga, and more. Keep a log of minutes, miles and calories burned and see your statistics.
- It’s FREE!
- Built-in GPS tracking
- Track duration, distance, calories burned, and monitor heart rate data.
- The ultimate sports app: choose yoga, hiking, cycling, and more.
- Take on Virtual Races to race with athletes around the world.
- Score activity Records when you hit a new milestone
- Distance, duration or consistency: choose a personal goal for the sport of your choice.
Whether your goal is to run a mile or a marathon, your personal Running Trainer, a 5K training app is with you every step of the way! Detailed audio instructions coach you through each workout to your goal distance & give real-time updates on your time, distance & pace. Each workout is different - training plans range from 4-16 weeks with 3-4 workouts per week.
Use this 5K running app without coaching to simply track your runs: the app maps your route and announces running stats along the way.
- Reach your goal in as little as 4 weeks
- Great for weight loss
- Keep record of every workout and track your overall progress
- Listen to workout music while you run
- No ads, no subscriptions
Constance, Billie and Sergeant Block are back in this follow-up to the award-winning Couch to 5K® training app (2012 Appy Award for best Healthcare & Fitness app). The best running training app for iPhone is designed to continue the training experience for people who finish the Couch to 5K plan, or for those who are already 5K-ready, this app uses motivating virtual coaches to get you ready to run a 10K (6.2-mile) race in 9 weeks and it is now available FREE!
- Talks to you during your workouts
- Choose from 3 different virtual coaches—Constance, Billie and Sergeant Block — who give you motivation and support in every workout
- Calculate your distance & pace and map your routes with FREE GPS support (requires iPhone 4 or later and iOS 7.0 or greater)
- Gradually challenge yourself with progressively faster paces
- Log your workouts and share your progress on Facebook