If you're one of those people who love to train and run the 26-mile races, or want to train for your first one, then have a look at our list of the best iPhone apps for marathon runners.
The best iPhone apps for running a marathon
1 Feb 2021, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
Whether your goal is to run a mile or a marathon, your personal Running Trainer, a 5K training app is with you every step of the way! Detailed audio instructions coach you through each workout to your goal distance & give real-time updates on your time, distance & pace. Each workout is different - training plans range from 4-16 weeks with 3-4 workouts per week.
Use this 5K running app without coaching to simply track your runs: the app maps your route and announces running stats along the way.
- Reach your goal in as little as 4 weeks
- Great for weight loss
- Keep record of every workout and track your overall progress
- Listen to workout music while you run
- No ads, no subscriptions
Constance, Billie and Sergeant Block are back in this follow-up to the award-winning Couch to 5K® training app (2012 Appy Award for best Healthcare & Fitness app). The best running training app for iPhone is designed to continue the training experience for people who finish the Couch to 5K plan, or for those who are already 5K-ready, this app uses motivating virtual coaches to get you ready to run a 10K (6.2-mile) race in 9 weeks and it is now available FREE!
- Talks to you during your workouts
- Choose from 3 different virtual coaches—Constance, Billie and Sergeant Block — who give you motivation and support in every workout
- Calculate your distance & pace and map your routes with FREE GPS support (requires iPhone 4 or later and iOS 7.0 or greater)
- Gradually challenge yourself with progressively faster paces
- Log your workouts and share your progress on Facebook