Do you feel like you’re constantly running around never getting a chance to just stop, relax, and unwind? Unfortunately, that seems to be the case for a large amount of people and then once you are given those moments you don’t know how to go about relaxing. The following apps have been designed to help you relax through different techniques including massage. Because there are so many great ideas and techniques covered there’s a good chance you’ll be able to benefit from more than one of these.
The best iPhone apps for massage and relaxation
19 Apr 2020, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
A pioneer app that provides the first 3D map of important acupressure points on the body. This app gives students and experts insight into massage therapy. A unique feature allows users to rate the effectiveness of certain acupoints against different ailments. This builds a database of the most effective points to use for massages.
- Utilizes standard acupressure point code names based on recognized books and resources
- Swipe through a variety of different ailments to design a specific treatment for your patient
- This app is updated every day
Perfect mobile massager (AKA Buru Buru) is one that will turn your iPhone into a little massaging tool you can use when you have a sore muscle. Feel a bit tight in your neck? Turn on Perfect mobile massager app and massage that knot away! The developer does warn that to leave this app running for too long will cause your device to heat up so please limit the time you have it running. This one has over 1500 happy customers so obviously it does as promised.
- Turn your iPhone into a massage tool
- Updated vibration power
- Simple, small app
- Does as promised
- Free massage and relaxation app for iPhone
Massage Maps gives you the maps of the reflex zones of massage. The app uses the theory of reflexology to teach you the different body parts that can be pressed and massaged in order to provide relief to all areas of the body. It is believed that reflexology can be used to improve health. You get easy navigation over maps, various views of the body parts, a list of organs and symptoms for each map, and you can search in the lists and then move to the reflexive zone on the map according to what you searched. The app also offers Apple Watch App for iPhone.
- Maps of the reflex zones of massage
- Areas of the body are linked to certain organs
- Apply pressure to help heal the body
- See lists of organs and symptoms
- Free with in-app purchases
iMassage U is another little app that turns your iPhone into a vibrating massage device. Use it to help relax after a long day at work or at the gym, soothe your baby to sleep, or with meditation techniques. There are more than 10 different vibration patterns to choose from, it’s easy to turn on and off, and to prevent accidental turn-off, you have to double-tap. The app supports Apple Watch, so you can control the frequency and pattern from your wrist. iMassage U is free but you can pay to unlock more patterns or to remove the ads.
- Turn your iPhone into a massage device
- 10 vibration patterns
- Adjust the frequency
- Double-tap to turn off
- Free with in-app purchases
Brainwaves is one of the best apps of its kind. It features over 90 different brainwave programs to meet many needs. Download some for free and purchase additional ones. This app is universal, syncs across multiple devices, has a built-in timer session, create and save playlists, has an elegant design and more. Brainwaves is great for reducing stress, alleviating anxiety, to increase relaxation, meditation and other similar purposes.
- Relax, Reduce Stress, Meditate with this app
- Over 90 different brainwaves
- Create and save playlists, Elegant design
- Built-in timer, Sync across devices
- In-app purchases for additional brainwaves
There's no reason you need to feel stressed out and wound tightly when there are techniques you could use to relax and unwind. The Free Relaxing Sounds Of Nature and SPA Music app is filled with soothing sounds that can help you fight your stress, learn to relax, help in meditation, use as ambient music during yoga or massage, and even help you to sleep faster and deeper. There is actually hours' worth of music to enjoy here and you can turn it on anytime you need to relax. The soundboard has 35 different sounds and there are 25 nature sounds. You have the ability to mix your own sounds if you choose.
- The app offers hours’ worth of relaxing sounds
- There are 35 sounds and 25 nature sounds
- You can mix the sounds if you like
- The app can be used in all different ways
If you're the type that finds the outdoors soothing, relaxing, and comforting then the Free Relaxing Nature Scenes to Reduce Stress & Anxiety app is a great one to have available to you. This one has eight different themes and then within each of those themes is four soundtracks. This means you have 32 sounds in total and you've also got the ability to mix your own creations. All together that means you've got hours' worth of music. This music is great for falling asleep, helping you to relax during the day, during a power nap, while meditating, while doing yoga, and so much more. You may even want to try it with your baby if you find he/she is having difficulty sleeping.
- The app features hours’ worth of music
- There are eight different themes and you can also custom mix the sounds
- This one is ideal for all kinds of uses
- The app is user-friendly
Insomnia is something that affects all kinds of people whether it's just in the rare instance or on a regular basis. The Sleep Sounds and SPA Music for Insomnia Relief app can be one route to go in combating it by offering you a selection of music that is ideal for relaxation and meditation. You can set up a routine using this app so that you get comfy in bed then start the sounds. It can also be great for those quick power naps on the couch, as a way to just reduce stress after work, and even as ambient music in the room. The soundboard has 100 sounds in total that you can mix up and combine. There are also two night timers.
- There are 100 sounds that you can also mix and combine
- The app supports AirPlay
- There are night timers
- It can be used in a number of different situations
Instead of booking an appointment for a massage then having to trek out and fight traffic and the crowds to get there, how would you like to have one in the comfort of your own home? No we don't mean your partner has to give you a massage, instead you can use the Soothe: In Home Massage Delivered To You app. This app puts you in touch with certified and insured massage therapists who will visit you in your home or office. They can be there in as little as one hour if you're booking last minute or you can set up your appointment in advance. There are all types of massage offered - sports, Swedish, couples, deep tissue, and more.
- Let the massage therapist come to you in home or office
- Book last minute or in advance
- The massage therapists are certified and insured
If you're looking to spice things up in the bedroom then the Best Sex with Chinese Massage Points app may be exactly what you're looking for. This app outlines a number of massage points meant for the female body that will enhance your sex life. The different points feature videos and photos so you will fully understand where it is. There is also a timer in the app so you remember to massage these points. The idea is that you as the woman can massage these pressure points yourself or your significant other can do it for you.
- This app has been created specifically for women
- Learn the massage points through a variety of photos and videos
- The woman can apply pressure to the points or have her significant other do so
- There is a timer so you don’t forget to do the massage