If you need a more advanced calculator for work or school, then check out our list of the best iPad apps for scientific calculators.
The best iPad apps for scientific calculators
24 Sep 2021, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
Calculator combines the Standard & Scientific calculator, with extensive & easy functionality options. Use the new Retro Theme now and go back to vintage in time. Calculator is Fast, Accurate and Beautiful, it's everything you need right in the palm of your hand! Calculator™ Free for iPad app review
- Basic & Scientific Calculations.
- History Tape: Copy & Share.
- Edit Equation.
- You can edit both digits and operators of the current equation.
Panecal, the iPad app for scientific calculators is a tool that allows you to display and modify formulas. The Panecal Scientific Calculator app allows you to enter formulas while checking them, which prevents you from typing incorrectly or making calculation errors. It is also possible to reuse past formulas and use variable memory to change only certain values to calculate them.
- Re-calculation by using past formula
- Easy editing by using a cursor operation and swipe the screen
- Copy and paste formulas text
- Formulas history and answers history table
- Binary numbers, octal numbers, decimal numbers, hexadecimal numbers calculation and conversion (Max.32bits)
- M+/M- memory functions and variable(A-F) memory
- Arithmetic operations, inverse trigonometric functions, logarithmic functions, power functions, power root functions, factorials, absolute values, percent calculations, modulo calculation, polar and cartesian coordinate conversion
This iPad scientific calculator app has a large collection of formulas, include Math and Physics formulas. It was categorised and very useful for student in secondary school, high school and university. The NCalc scientific calculator app’s natural display allows you to enter equations as you write them on paper, using fractions, roots, exponents and more to display same as it written in textbook. The calculator includes six output types (fraction, mixed fraction, decimal, repeat decimal, degrees/minutes/second and polar coordinates) and three angle units (degree, radian, grade).
- Simultaneous graph: Cartesian, implicit, polar and parametric.
- Multiple graph workspaces
- Tracing, roots, intersections, extrema, integral
- Smooth zoom and transformation
- Currency converter
- Large collection of unit conversion (1000+)
This app is an emulator of the HP11C RPN scientific programmable calculator using the same RPN entry system.
- Supports the same mathematical functions as the HP 11C calculator
- Converts seconds, hours, and minutes
- Switch between US and EU units as well as the comma or period as the decimal point
- Run program labels in user mode
- Save and restore settings when you close or start the app respectively
- Gesture-based input
This iPad scientific calculator app is a great tool for high-school and STEM university students, chemists, engineers, mathematicians and physicists. The Expressions scientific Calculator app for iPad is a multifunction scientific calculator offering a wide range of features specific for anyone looking from basic to advanced calculations. The app helps you solve problems by providing you a rich sample of natural constants, a large database of commonly used formulae in mathematics, physics and chemistry.
- Arithmetic on integers, rational and floating numbers
- Handles very large and very small numbers (arbitrary precision arithmetic on integers)
- Extended floating-point range
- Fully embedded handling of units
- Large set of available units (SI, imperial)
- Handles angles in both degrees and radians
You be the judge whether or not this app is the best.
- Tracks all results
- Easy swiping
- Complete scientific notations
- Simple tapping functions
- Dual-line display
Who doesn't love an easy calculator? CalcMadeEasy Free app review
- Updated features
- Works like a real scientific calculator
- Multiple themes
- Easy swiping functions
- Full iOS compatibility
Three functions in one app! CALC - A Scientific Calculator for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad app review
- Multi-functional calculating
- Complete history logs
- Easy number converting
- Themed backgrounds
- Easy tapping functions
Whether you are a student, teacher, or engineer, this app is sure to help you solve almost any kind of math problem. Symbolic Calculator app review
- Get the exact answer unless you choose rounded numerical mode
- Store variables and create custom functions
- Full plotting capabilities
- Export, import, and create PDFs for each session
- Calculus tool