Are you a long-distance runner, or just love to read about those people who do 26-mile runs? If so, then here's a list of the best iPad apps for marathons.
The best iPad apps for marathon
5 May 2020, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
TrainingPeaks is the perfect fitness app for endurance athletes of all ability levels. TrainingPeaks is compatible with over 100 apps and devices, including the Apple Watch. Plus, the Auto-Sync feature allows you to automatically upload your completed workouts from popular fitness devices such as Garmin, Suunto, Polar, Coros, Fitbit and Zwift.
- Quickly view today’s workout on the go
- Add events to your training calendar and track your progress toward those goals
- Weekly Snapshot shows your fitness summary at a glance
- Keep track of how many miles you’re putting on your gear
Can’t complete a full one? Well, here’s the better half of it!
- Plays music from iTunes library
- 12-week program
- Logs complete running history
- Complete voice alerts
- Full progress tracker
Nothing says “marathons” like Nike, of course!
- Complete running tracker
- Helps you get motivated run
- Useful for competing runners
- Captures the perfect moment of your runs
- Global running community
Here’s a great app to keep track of your running progress, mileage and more.
- Lists all fitness activities
- Runs your detailed running history
- Measures your running progress
- Gives you a broad detail of tracks
- Runs GPS in the background
A solid training program for beginners like us.
- Ideal for warm-ups
- Keeps you motivated
- Complete “running” plan
- Accesses your library to iTunes
- Compatible with all third-party apps
Want to run a marathon but not sure how to go about training for it? Use this app, which will give you a 14-week program to follow so you can slowly and progressively work on creating endurance.
- Half-marathon training program
- Listen to music while you train
- Compatible with Nike+GPS
- Works even if your iOS device is locked
- Audio coach and alerts
Safety first! This app allows you to be safe while you're out training for your marathon.
- Let friends and family track you on your run
- Notify your loved ones when you've stopped
- Tracking can be done from an iOS device or via web browser
- Create a personalized lock screen with important information
- Compatible with iOS 8 and iPhone 6