If fighting games are your games of choice then the apps on this list aren’t to be missed. This is a collection of apps that have different themes, characters, missions, and goals but you can be sure that you’ll need to show off your fighting skills in each and every one of them. Some will definitely prove to be more challenging than others but that also increases the fun in most cases.
The best iPad apps for fighting games
31 Jan 2021, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
For the first time in 2D, start your own career either side of the curtain - with wrestling and booking modes available in one epic game! With this iPhone fighting app you can create your own star and embark on an endless career full of possibilities, as you attempt to make all the right moves backstage as well as in the ring. With this on the best IOS fighting games you will lose yourself in a gigantic universe of 400 wrestlers spread across 9 different promotions - and as many of them in the ring as your device can handle!
- TOUCH anywhere in the arena to walk towards it.
- SWIPE to run or trigger moves.
- TAP your opponent to attack that part of their body.
- PINCH to grab or pick-up.
- PART your fingers to taunt, pin, or cancel an action.
This app is for real free fighting lovers. So, if you like punching games: boxing, wrestling, mma, ufc game then join the club, create your boxer and start playing Real Boxing 2 – the ultimate experience among free fighting games! Download this game and you will be able to do lots of fascinating things.
- Enter the ring and get into epic punch-out matches in the ultimate free fighting game for mobile
- Challenge an elite of boxing games champions and players from around the world
- Become the ultimate boxer. Master jabs, hooks, uppercuts
- Battle against unique bosses like Golem, Santa, Clown
- Create your own unique fighting playstyle
- Invite your friends over and punch out them in real-time PVP action to find out who’s the best boxer
- Witness jaw-dropping graphics fully utilizing the power of Unreal Engine 4 technology to create the most dynamic knockout experience
Whether it's kung fu, MMA, karate, wrestling, or boxing, you can engage in street fighting against its masters and have an epic battle. There are over 24 fighter characters to choose from and fight in five scenarios with great 3D graphics and HD sound. There are cool combinations to find and fight with. The game consists of quick fight as well as story mode.
- Street fighting over multiple disciplines
- Choose from over 24 characters
- 3D graphics across 5 scenarios
- Cool combo fight moves
- Quick fight or story mode
With Ultimate Fighting Robot, you will choose from 45 robots create an epic roster - a force to be reckoned with! This app is created by the makers of Real Steel World Robot Boxing, and comes with very cool 3v3 combat style that allows you to do interesting combos and special attacks. The visuals are absolutely breathtaking and will take you into a different world. There are power cards and overclock boosts among other action-packed features that make this game legendary.
- From the makers of Real Steel World Robot Boxing
- 3v3 combat with great moves and special attacks
- Stunning visuals and graphics in immersive environments
- Put together a team of robots from 45 choices
- Power cards and overclock boosts
Are you ready for the big fight of the night? Put on your gloves and get in the ring with The Ultra Fighting Bros Game of the Final Fight Championship.You can play single or multiplayer with this one. Each fight is a best-of-three playoff. You have three lives during each round. If you get tackled down you lose a life. A round ends when one fighter runs out of lives. The app is inspired by MMA and offers gameplay that’s easy to learn but the game itself is challenging. Unlock the Power Version to get access to Power Matches and related items.
- Tackle down your opponent
- Three lives per round
- Single or multiplayer mode
- Free with in-app purchase
If you love superheroes, check out Superheros 2 Free Fighting Games. You get your choice from over 36 heroes. Train them during Training Mode and use your skills and damage the street fight with multiple combos. Use your punches and kicks to stop the evil villains who want to take over Earth. You get realistic physics, quick fight mode, story mode, five different scenarios, HD sound, 3D fights, and your choice from 36 superheroes.
- Play as a superhero and save humanity
- Choice from more than 3 dozen superheroes
- Story mode
- 3D fights
- Free fighting game app for iPad
Shark World gives you different shark species and build underwater homes. Explore and collect sharks. Battle monsters, feed and raise your sharks, and have fun! You’ll make your own team of sharks and take them into the underwater battle arena where you’ll compete for prizes. You can evolve your sharks and custom design habitats for each type of shark. Use the crossbreeding simulator to come up with interesting results.
- Park-building sim game
- Different battle stages
- Breed and evolve sharks
- Fight monsters
- Free with in-app purchases
Want to breed and fight dragons? Do that with Dragon Village. Develop a whole village of beautiful and amazing dragons you can feed, train, breed, and crossbreed and take to the battleground. Collect dragons from more than 12 elements; each has its own unique skills, magical powers, and personality. Run the food farm to feed your dragons and fight your enemies in order to unlock items. Share your village with friends and help each other with gifts.
- Play with friends using Game Center and Facebook
- Evolve your dragons
- Different battle stages
- Make a team of dragons
- Free with in-app purchases
Monster Legends will have you building the ultimate monster team to fight against other monsters in the arena. Breed your monsters and create new ones to develop new and unique personalities and skills. Fight other players and get amazing rewards. You can collect more than 300 monsters, with new ones to discover every week. Use RPG progression to level-up and power your monsters for the fights you have upcoming. Play limited-time events, islands, and dungeons where you can get new monsters and different resources.
- Join or start an alliance
- Breed new species
- Fight other monsters and get cool items and rewards
- Free with in-app purchases
Card games can prove to be some of the most challenging games out there as they require plenty of logic and strategizing. The Injustice: Gods Among Us app is an excellent example of this type of gameplay. In this game you'll be working to create the perfect team of characters that will be able to walk out victorious in the three-on-three battles. Fighting requires you to tap and swipe on the screen and this will employ your attacks, combos, and super moves on your opponents. There are plenty of opportunities to level up and upgrade your gear and characters. Injustice: Gods Among Us app review
- Create the perfect team of characters
- Compete in three on three battles
- You will be tapping and swiping the screen during battles
- You can upgrade your characters and gear
- There are combos and super moves available
Were you a fan of the wildly popular Shadow Fight game that has more than 40 million users? If so then you'll want to check out the Shadow Fight 2 app. This sequel provides fast-paced and intense classic and RPG-style fighting. The combat sequences are nothing short of epic and you'll love the variety of weapons at your disposal. Your moves include slashing, jumping, punching, and kicking, and you'll need to make your way through all six worlds. Everything about this game is immersive and addictive and the animations and effects just add to the overall experience. Shadow Fight 2 app review
- This is a sequel to the hugely popular Shadow Fight game
- The combat sequences feel realistic
- The game is immersive, intense, and challenging
- The animations and effects are engaging
- This app combines classic and RPG-style fighting
Shadow Fight 2 app review: a great fighting game with flawless animations
When it comes to fighting style games it doesn't get more classic or intense then the MORTAL KOMBAT X app. To say this one is "over-the-top" is an understatement as you'll find out within minutes of playing it. Your job is to put together a team of warriors and these warriors need to be fierce because they will be heading into an insane battle. The game offers three on three battles, giving you the ability to take on other players. The app supports Game Center so you can do your best to climb the Leaderboard. It's important to point out the graphics in this game, which are mind-blowing in their own right. Mortal Kombat X app review
- This app supports the Leaderboard
- Take part in three-on-three battles
- Build a team of ruthless and strong warriors
- The gameplay is intense and over-the-top
It's non-stop action in the Real Steel app which has been based on the movie. In this game you'll be playing in a top-secret world where boxing isn't what it used to be; instead, it is now a high-tech sport complete with robots. You’ll have your choice between 43 different robots and there are an additional 10 special edition ones you can unlock. There are a few different game modes which are tournament, challenges, tag team, free sparring, and survival mode. To keep things challenging and interesting at the same time there are also different arenas to fight in. Real Steel app review
- The game offers non-stop fighting action
- Choose from a variety of game modes
- There are different arenas to fight in
- Choose from 43 different robots
- There are additional robots to unlock
- The game is based on the hit movie with Hugh Jackman
All of your favorite Marvel heroes and villains are here in the MARVEL Contest of Champions app. Your goal is simple: you need to put together the perfect team of champions so you can defeat Ultron. You're going to need heroes and villains if you hope to be successful. Keep in mind each character has its own powers and skills. You want to try to create that perfect blend among your team. You can build an alliance with friends to give you that edge over the enemy, there are maps to work your way through and quests to complete, and you will be leveling up as you go. MARVEL Contest of Champions app review
- Create the perfect combination of heroes and villains
- Remember each character has their own skills and powers
- Level up, complete quests, and work through all kinds of maps
There's no need to wait for the next big UFC match because with the EA SPORTS™ UFC® app you can enjoy a match whenever you like. There are more than 70 fighters for you to collect and then you'll have your chance to take part in combat. There are also live events in the game that coincide with the actual UFC fights. When you take part in these fights you can earn in-game rewards. What's great about this game is that there is no limit on how much and how often you play, and there are no limits on your lives.
- Expect fast-paced fighting
- There are live events in the game that coincide with actual UFC matches taking place
- There is no limit on how much you play nor is there a limit on your lives
- There are more than 70 fighters to collect