Fishing is one of those activities that you think about doing even when you're not doing it. And what better way to prepare for your next fishing trip than with a great fishing app? Whether you're a newbie or a seasoned angler, there are several different types of apps that can help you out and make you better prepared for your next trip. Have a look at our list of the best iPhone apps for fishing.
The best iPhone apps for fishing 2021
10 Mar 2021, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
Angling iQ is an app made by anglers for anglers. In fact, it’s a social network that allows users to connect with other anglers. Users can keep fishing logs, search through thousands of potential fishing spots, share your logs with others, add favorite fishing spots or new ones, see the most effective fishing bait, meet new anglers and more. Users can share details via social media, capture snapshots, invite friends on fishing trips, see what fish are being found where, and so much more. This app is a must have tool and social network for diehard fishing enthusiasts. In fact, it makes someone like me want to actually go fishing now.
- Made by anglers for anglers, Social Network for anglers
- Log fishing trips, Share details with others
- Search through thousands of fishing spots, Add new ones
- Meet new people, Invite friends, Share via social media
- See what fish are being found where and the best bait to use
FishWeather will help you find, analyze, monitor, and share wind data. You will have access to more than 50,000 weather stations for weather observations anywhere in the world. It will be easy to find the wind data you need, no matter where you are. Features include the ability to create wind profiles, see nautical charts, receive wind alerts via push notifications, and get information about tides, sea surface temperatures, and meteorologist forecasts. Radar is NEXRAD Level 3. This app requires a subscription, which you can purchase by the month or year in Plus, Pro, and Gold versions.
- Reports from more than 50,000 weather stations
- Wind alerts
- Model forecasts
- Nautical charts
- Free with in-app subscriptions
The QuickScroll app is the perfect phone dialer app for outdoors, allowing you to conveniently place phone calls even with a rain-wet screen, gloved hands and cradled phone. Furthermore, the included watch 6Pad™ dial pad offers an unrivaled manual dialing option for reaching any contact from your watch in a couple of seconds. See more at http://www.quickscroll.net
• Great for dialing in difficult conditions
• Suitable for all types of outdoor activities
• Perfect for Apple Watch users
• Easy to learn and easy to use
My Tide Times is the only tide times application you'll ever need. Whether you're surfing, fishing or just going to the beach you'll be able to use it to get quick and easy access to the times. We think it's the most beautiful tide times application on the market to date. This useful tool features a range of practical functions.
- Supports over 9,000 tidal stations across over 40 countries (including the US, Canada, UK, The Netherlands, Australia and New Zealand)!
- Find the nearest tide tables to you when the app opens, so you can get tide predictions no matter where you are!
- View sunrise & sunset times for all locations alongside the tides in the application!
- Moonrise, moonset and moon phase information
- View currents information for selected locations around the US & Canada! (Simply tap on a tide station, if there's currents information you'll see an extra tab).
- See 7-day forecasts for all locations (some even have 30-day charts!)
- When information has been downloaded it is stored on the phone so you can view it without an internet connection!
FishBrain gives you fishing intel, tracks your catches, and helps you connect with other anglers. You can use the app to see where the fish are biting and what the best bait to use is for that spot. The more catches you log, the more accurate the Fishing Forecast will be for yourself and other users. The app helps you remember your personal fishing history and keep track of your progress, which is especially good for those who are newer to the sport or the area. You can join in on fishing conversations and share photos and information about your catches with real anglers. And remember: never be afraid to keep some spots to yourself!
- More than 750,000 recorded catches
- Over 1.7 million fishing locations
- Gain and record fishing intel
- Track your catches
- Join fishing conversations
- Free with in-app purchases
TideTrac is the app you want if you need info on tides. The app will download your tide data and stores it locally so you can use it later when you're offline. It's easy to use, fast, and accurate for the supported areas (coastal U.S. stations only). You can see when tides are high and low on any given day, it can tell you the days when the tides are lowest or highest with an easy-to-use graph. When you first launch it, the app automatically chooses the nearest station closest to your current location. You can always manually choose one from the map. Other features include sunrise, sunset, moonrise, and moonset times as well as tide data for a whole month. The app includes thousands of tide stations in the U.S.
- Add tide stations to “favorites list”
- Shift from month to month and day to day easily and quickly
- Accounts for daylight saving time
- Thousands of tide stations in the coastal U.S.
- View high and low tides for the selected day
Fish Rules will help you to better understand recreational saltwater fishing regs for state and federal waters. The app puts the rules into an easy-to-understand format so you can look quickly and see if a fish is in season, how big they have to be for you to keep, how many you can keep, and more. Thea pp uses your GPS and Calendar to show you just the regulations you need, even when you don't have a signal. Alternatively, you can manually enter your latitude and longitude or choose your fishing location to get the regulations. Use the Fish Log to keep track of the fish you harvest and release. You can look over the log to find patterns and improve your success next time.
- Great photos
- Fish Log
- Post your catches to Facebook
- Regulations are continuously updated
- Free fishing app
Catch Tracker gives you the ability to search and discover reservoirs, lakes, and ponds local to you. The app has more than 40,000 bodies of water in the database, you will never run out of possibilities. You get information on the current weather conditions, water temperature, location, and moon phase, all of which will help you make your choices for bait and tackle. You will see the fish species in the lake as well as the possible species that are spawning. You will see the air temperature, barometric pressure, and wind speed, and have access to tips uploaded by other anglers. You can leave your own tips, keep a personal collection of fishing reports, and mark your favorite locations on a map.
- Keep a detailed log
- Get awarded a new card for each new fish you catch
- Share catches with your friends
- See information on local fishing locations
- Free iPhone app for fishing
FishHawk is an information app for anglers. You'll see what others have caught, read their stories, see their pictures, look at their fishing reports, and find out what they're all catching in your area. You can jump into the app and see what tackle you will need to be successful, or when is the best time to fish. You can browse guide reports by location, marine forecasts, tides, and buoy information. The latest update added a camera in-app and you can easily toggle between the photo library and camera on the Upload screen. You can also search for users features on the Find & Invite screen.
- See what other people are catching
- Share photos of your catches
- Find guides and users from all over
- Get weather and tide info
- Free iPhone fishing app
iBobber is a fishfinder device that syncs with your iPhone using Bluetooth. You'll get a signal from up to 100 feet away. It won't kill your phone's battery like WiFi, and it can go for up to eight hours on each charge. The app, along with the iBobber bobber allows you to locate fish up to 135 feet under water, map the contour of waterbeds, measure water temperature, GPS tag favorite hotspots, and more. You can save all of your fishing adventures with the trip log, and then share them on social media. If you like to fish, and want to easily find more of them, get this app and the iBobber and get fishing!
- Works with the iBobber
- Shows battery status
- Sonar ScreenStrike alarm
- Trip Log
- Free iPhone app for fishing
Fishing Fanatics Magazine gives you access to articles from fishing experts all around the world. You'll enjoy seeing photos of great destinations, read interviews with the world's top anglers, and learn from the fishing knots and rigs segment, presented by Geoff Wilson. Each issue gives advice and practical video demos by expert rod builders and you'll get fishing and boating tips as well. The magazine also features photographs taken by readers from all over the world. Anyone who submits a photo that gets the most likes on the Facebook page will win an amazing prize.
- Rod building tips
- Fishing and boating tips
- Download a free issue for a limited time
- Fishing knots and rigs segment
- Free with in-app subscription options
Gambler Lures gives you access to technique, tips, videos, and information all about fishing. Download the app for free and you will have 24-7 access to the latest fishing news and content. There are photos, show and tell, television shows, and even a Pro Shop. Watch videos of interviews of famous and not-so-famous anglers, tournament coverage, and more. Accept push notifications and you will get notifications whenever there's new content for you to view. Shop for your favorite fishing equipment and swag. Stay on top of the news in the angling world.
- Watch fishing videos
- See interviews
- Read up on technique
- Learn new tips and tricks
- Free iPhone app for fishing