Everyone needs a little rest and relaxation once in a while. If this is one of those times for you, check out our list of the best iPad apps for massage and relaxation.
The best iPad apps for massage and relaxation
13 Feb 2015, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
This app lets you set the mood with a variety of spa-music tracks available for you to listen to while you relax.
- Helps reduce stress and anxiety
- Two meditation timers
- Customizable sounds
- Volume control for each sound
- Fade out feature
Let your daily stresses melt away with the help of the relaxation music designed especially for massage therapy
- Useful for massage therapies
- Imports your fave tracks
- Can be played on background
- Complete Retina display
- Custom soundboard
This app has a soundboard that you can use to put together various sounds that appeal to you and make you feel blissfully relaxed.
- Assists with your personal daily goals
- Create your own soundboard
- Very flexible
- Ambient sound tracks
- Also plays with the iPhone
Get relaxing music on various channels from across the planet to suit your needs and preferences.
- Very soothing
- Simple interface
- Available stream options
- Supported with AirPlay
- 24/7 support
If you're having trouble sleeping, then this app is sure to gently lull you into a deep, restful sleep.
- Enhanced audio
- Complete track library
- In-app timer
- New foreword
- Also includes ambient rain sounds
Learn all about reflexology with the help of this app.
- Detailed imagery pertaining to organs of the body
- Visual instructions for each area
- Claims to heal over 25 commonly-occurring ailments
- Fullscreen support
- Text information on a variety of areas
If you're looking to take up one of the Massage Exams available be it the MBLEx, NCETM, or NCETMB, this app will help you ace it!
- Comes with over a thousand cards
- Quizzes to help you test your knowledge
- Categorized questions to help you work on weak areas
- Bookmarking features
- Lightweight app
Get a real massage whenever you want it with the help of this app, which will find you a massage therapist and send him or her to your home with a table to boot!
- Available in NYC and The Hamptons
- Get a massage at home or at a hotel room
- Get appointments even just an hour prior
- Easy booking charged to your credit card on file
- Choose the masseuse gender and type of massage
Massage On Demand app review: enjoy a massage at home
Learn about the art of Japanese Shiatsu massage based on ancient principles to relieve stress and treat physical and psychological issues.
- Self-massage illustrations
- Teaches you about the various types of massage
- Music included for relaxation
- Massage yourself at home, at work, in the car, or anywhere
- Learn what the physician-masseurs are saying
One of the basic and quickest methods for relaxation is to take a deep breath, and this app will help you train your breathing to achieve relaxation.
- Recommended therapies
- Clinically proven resources
- No complicated settings
- Intuitive interface
- 24/7 support
Relax and unwind after the rigmarole of a busy life with the help of this app.
- Learn relaxation techniques
- Pain control and insomnia therapies
- Alleviate PTSD symptoms
- Universal and free app
- Developed by a clinical hypnotherapist
Here's an app that features soundscapes to ensure that you have a safe space and respite from the disturbing sounds and noise of the city.
- Great for reducing stress and relaxation
- Helps you fall asleep
- Create a spa ambiance in an instant
- Timer functions
- Background audio support
Grab your headphones and enter a peaceful, beautiful world where you can escape, relax, and meditate with the help of this app.
- Featured on a variety of publications
- Nature's sounds in 3D
- Get a sense of safety and security
- Holographic ambiances
- In-app purchase bundles
- Sleep timer