If you are an artist by trade or just for fun, and your mediums of choice are painting or sketching, then check out our list of the best iPhone apps for painting and sketching.
The best iPhone apps for painting and sketching
26 Jul 2021, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
Paintstorm Studio, the iPhone app for painting is the first iOS app designed not only for simple sketches, but professional digital painting of any level, genre and technique. The Paintstorm studio app helps you to discover the magnificence and unleash the full potential of Apple Pencil and brings you to a whole new level of drawing. Creating an art masterpiece has never been so mobile.
- Full control of all brush options (Incredible possibilities for brush settings)
- Bristle brushes of any form and kind
- Stroke post correction (You can take an action on any option. Not only on the stroke thickness)
- Parameters binding to the perspective
- Dynamic interface (Global interface scale, panels scale, opacity, color)
- Full controlled mask-brush (Each brush can work as mask for other brush)
This drawing app has a unique collection of tools such as 3D brushes, NEON Brushes, Glitter brushes, Gradient brushes, Pattern brushes, Shapes, Typography tools, Realistic brush tools, Smooth eraser, Ruler, Smudge tool, Water Color, Paint roller and many more are waiting for you to provide great enjoyment in drawing sketching or painting. Drawing Desk is full of content to jump start your creativity. 25 Million users trust Drawing Desk as their go-to platform to express creativity! Drawing Desk app review
- Sketch desk for sketch lovers
- Doodle desk for doodlers
- Kids desk for learning
- Photo desk for creatives
- Unlimited access to the full artwork catalog and daily new artwork updates
You love sketching, but cannot carry your sketchbook, everywhere? You can export your sketches, drawings and doodles to other physical products like Phone cases, Posters, Cushions, Frames and many more. Install Drawing Pad in your iPhone/iPad and sketch while on a go!
- You can create beautiful sketches with various brush tools like as pen, pencil, highlighter and so on.
- Doodle whenever and wherever you want with Drawing Pad app!
- Drawing Pad comes with Magic brush stroke effects. This allows you to add more liveliness to your photos.
- You can import photos from Facebook, Instagram, Flickr and other networks.
A sweetly designed app that can be used to sketch, take notes, and more. Inkflow: Think Visually! For iPad app review
- Complete digital writing
- Complete zooming functions
- Very sharp graphics
- Also includes a “basic” edition
- Hi-res interface
This app comes packed with the perfect tools for sketching on an iDevice, along with inspiration and motivation to ensure you keep sketching regularly. Sketch Club app review
- Beautiful drawing tools
- Multitouch canvassing
- Clutter-free interface
- Flexible brushes
- Dozens of presets
This is an app that not only lets you create awesome drawings, but also has an in-app community where you can publish and share your artwork along with your creative process. @Draw app review
- Quick sketching functions
- Various brush types
- Import photos easily
- Stores any kind of drawing
- In-app Camera Roll