Are you the type of person who appreciates a great magazine? If so you’re going to love this list of apps dedicated to magazines. You’ll find all your favorite publications here plus magazine readers. Because these apps are all so different from each other you may want a few of them rather than just one. They also make carting around your favorite publications simple since you can store them right on your digital device.
The best magazine apps for iPad
22 Apr 2020, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
The Medium app features a clean reading experience designed to let you focus on the story (without an ad in sight) wherever you are, from your commute to your couch. From opinion pieces to interviews to in-depth reportage, photography, and features, Medium stories take many shapes, but always leave you with greater insight into the world.
- Stories based on your personal interests and the editors’ picks of the best of the day.
- You can compose a new story on the go and then switch easily to your tablet or computer without a hiccup
- Medium is designed to let you focus on the words. Bookmark stories to your reading list
- Explore expert columns, multi-author anthologies, comprehensive explainers, and the monthly magazine
As the name suggests, this app contains a plethora of magazines from around the world, which can be accessed for a small subscription fee. The subscription can be used by up to 5 people thanks to the family sharing feature. Magazines, though not originally meant for mobile, have all been optimized for mobile to ensure a superior reading experience. Users can favorite, bookmark, and share the magazines they want at any time from within the app.
- Over 2000 magazines
- Read online or offline
- Family sharing - up to 5 devices
- Optimized for mobile
- Share, favorite, and bookmark
This app aggregates literally millions of publications - 30 million to be precise - including catalogs, magazine, and more in over 30 languages. The topics range from gaming and tech to real estate and design. The app has full social media integration and you will also receive recommendations for which publications you might try next. Users may also download publications for offline access.
- Over 30 million publications
- Immersive reading experience
- Covers all topics under the sun
- Receive recommendations
- Download publications for offline access
Imagine if you could have your own customized magazine publication that contains only the stories, videos, and photos that you want to see and that you find interesting. That's exactly the experience that the Flipboard: Your Social News Magazine app provides. Through this app you'll be able to follow topics in the world that you want information on and if you don't have a lot of time on your hands then the top 10 stories are a great way to get the news that matters most. You can collect the items that interest you from such well known publications as Vanity Fair, The New York Times, and PEOPLE magazine.
- Create your own customized magazine experience
- Get the articles, videos, and photos that interest you
- Content is taken from well-known publications and sources
- Collect the items that interest you
Instead of having to download multiple apps and carry around all kinds of magazines in your bag you can make use of the Kindle app and get everything you want in one spot. Not only will you find all the latest and most popular magazine titles but you also have access to books, newspapers, and audiobooks. There are more than three million titles available through this app and you can even read a sample before you decide to make a purchase. If you're in the mood for reading but don't know what to pick let the personalized recommendations guide your way. Of course this one makes the reading experience smooth with a number of built in tools.
- The app provides you with access to more than three million titles
- Access books, audiobooks, newspapers, and magazines
- There are a number of reading tools to make for a smooth experience
- Preview samples of the title before purchasing it
Best iPad Apps For Father's Day Best iPhone apps for book loversKindle
If you want to stay on top of all the latest entertainment news you can do so with the PEOPLE Magazine app. There's no need to rush to the store to pick up the latest issue on the newsstand because you'll find it right here within the app. The publication is filled with the latest stories in Hollywood as well as exclusive stories. The reading experience is smooth, just swipe the pages to move through it. The app offers a couple of different subscription options or you can buy them as a standalone offering. If you decide to subscribe there are digital exclusives you won't find in the printed version.
- The reading experience is smooth and enjoyable
- The latest issue is always available the same day it comes out
- There are digital exclusives
- There are a couple of different subscription options
People Magazine for iPad app review
If you'd like to learn about the world around you then the National Geographic Magazine app is a wonderful and informative place to start. National Geographic is a widely respected and very well-known publication and now you can enjoy it in digital form. All you have to do is sign up to subscribe and you will then have access to the publication on both your iPad and iPhone. Flip through the pages with ease and enjoy the stunning photography, in-depth and thought-provoking articles, and content that is unrivaled by other publications.
- The app is user-friendly as is the reading experience
- There are a couple of different subscription options
- Subscribe once and you will have access on your iPad and iPhone
- Enjoy the stunning photography and in-depth articles
- You won’t have to worry about carrying around heavy magazines
National Geographic Magazine app review
When it comes to a classic publication that is known for its cutting-edge and in-depth content people often turn to the TIME Magazine app. Thanks to this app you'll have access to the publication whenever you want on your mobile device. As soon as the new issue becomes available you will have instant access. As for the reading experience there is auto-archiving, bookmarking, and of course it supports Retina display. Through the app you can also purchase commemorative issues and past issues. Just to add to the allure of the digital edition you'll also have live updates from TIME.com and exclusive videos, photos, and international content.
- Access the latest issue instantly
- The app features a bookmarking tool and supports Retina display
- You can purchase commemorative and past issues
- The digital edition has exclusive videos, photos, international content, and live updates from TIME.com
Time Magazine for iPad app review
Did you know you could carry around your very own bookstore with you? That's exactly what the NOOK app provides for you giving you access to all the latest newspapers, magazines, comics, and books. There are more than three million titles available to users and one million of those titles are free. You can even enjoy a sample of the title before you purchase it. The reading experience is comfortable as you are able to personalize it by adjusting the margins, line spacing, font style and size, and the screen brightness. Customize the background and make your own theme, add bookmarks/notes/highlighting, and read in landscape or portrait mode.
- There are more than three million titles available, one million of which are free
- Customize the reading experience
- Add bookmarks, notes, and highlighting
- Sample titles before you purchase them
NOOK for iPad app review
Calling all guys: here's a publication that is tailor-made for you. The Men’s Health Magazine app is available for a 30 day free trial giving you the ability to sample this one before you need to make any purchase. This magazine covers all kinds of topics that are specifically geared towards men such as living healthier, looking better, and being more successful. If you happen to subscribe to the print version of the magazine then the digital version is free for you to use. Speaking of subscriptions you've got a few options available to you at different price points.
- This publication has been made specifically for men
- Content covers healthy living, looking great, and being successful in life
- There are a couple of subscription options
- The digital version is free for those who subscribe to the print edition
Men's Health Magazine app review
While you may be used to reading the same magazine titles maybe you're looking to branch out and discover some new favorites? If that's the case the Zinio - 5,000+ Digital Magazines app can certainly help you out. This one offers more than 5,000 different publications which means all topics are covered - travel, sports, style, entertainment, news, technology, politics, and more. Each day there are free articles for you to explore, you can share what you're reading on Facebook, you'll get push notifications with library updates, and you can even set the app up to auto-download your library titles.
- There are more than 5,000 titles available
- All topics are covered - travel, sports, style, entertainment, news, technology, politics, and more
- Share what you’re reading on Facebook
- There are free articles each day to check out
- The app can auto-download so you can read the magazine offline
Best iPhone apps for long flightsZinio for iPad app reviewZinio app review: giving you access to a variety of magazines