Yoga is a great way to improve your overall mental, emotional and physical health. In addition to improving flexibility and core strength, individuals can learn how to meditate, improve breathing techniques, relax, unwind, let go of the daily burdens and transform their overall wellbeing. If you are looking to start Yoga, improve on your foundation of knowledge, learn new techniques, or work on different poses in the privacy of your own home, then check out our list of the best Yoga apps for the iPad.
The best yoga apps for the iPad
5 Aug 2021, by  Rick Rockwell
If you're a beginner to yoga, the iPad Daily Yoga App provides various guided classes to help you learn the basics before diving into more advanced classes, sequence and flows, and if you're advanced—there are plenty of the world’s class teachers you want to follow with. This app for yoga is built for everyone who is interested in Yoga. New classes are updated Weekly! Yoga Challenge Every day! Various Classes to Fit Your Goal!
- Daily Yoga offers 500+ asanas
- 70+ yoga programs, 500+ guided yoga
- Pilates, meditation sessions plus the largest yoga pose library for men and women
- Facial Yoga
- Smart Coach will lead you to a session every day for the next 30 days
This Yoga app for iPad is featured by Apple in "App of the Day", "Best of", "New and Noteworthy", "What's Hot", "Get in Shape" Essential App Collections and *Editors' Choice!*.The Yoga Studio app is rrecommended by: Huffington Post, Mac|Life, 148Apps, PopSugar, Gizmodo, The Guardian, Elite Daily and many more.
The app features beautifully instructed beginner, intermediate and advanced HD video yoga classes as well as guided audio meditations and free pose reference guide.
- 190+ ready-made yoga videos & meditations with frequent class updates so there's always something new
- Customize or create your own unique HD video classes pose by pose
- Library of 280 poses with detailed advice and instructions
- Perfect for beginners, awesome for experts!
- Play classes anytime, anywhere – no internet connection needed after downloading classes
- Integrated with Health app to track calories burned, workouts and mindful minutes!
Simply Yoga FREE - Yoga at Home on your iPad is your own personal yoga instructor. The Yoga Home Instructor app contains six level 1 yoga routines that step you through each pose, as well as streaming yoga classes. Each pose is demonstrated by a certified instructor, so simply choose your workout length and follow along in the comfort of your own home!
- 6 predefined level 1 routines - 20 to 60 min
- Streaming yoga classes
- Great for all levels - beginners to advanced
- Video & audio instructions throughout entire routines
- 35+ poses
- Integrates with Health app (workout and calories burned data will push to Health app)
With this iPad Yoga app, you get a brand-new yoga practice every time you come to your mat. Unlike following pre-recorded videos, Down Dog Yoga app won’t make you do the same workout over and over again. With over 60,000 different configurations, Down Dog gives you the power to build a yoga practice you love!
- Multiple practice types
- Choose from 6 different yoga teachers to be guided by a voice you love
- Automatically syncs across all your devices
- Music that rises and falls with your breathing
- Automatically syncs across all your devices
The Yoga Meditation app gives all-in-one: Yoga, Meditation, Workouts! Take your chance for a healthier and happier life. In this Yoga app for iPad, all classes are for an array of levels and interests. Join yoga classes live with camera opt-in for a personalized experience, or select classes from the video library where new classes are added daily. Classes as short at 5 minutes when time is short, and up to an hour or more when you schedule permits. You’ll never be bored! And your wellness goals? They’ll be achieved in no time!
- Live classes from the comfort of your own home
- Individualized guidance and encouragement with camera opt-in
- Class variety including yoga, Pilates, barre, meditation, HIIT, and more
- Access to recorded classes 24/7
Lotus Team offers you the best yoga app for iPad, a unique yoga experience either you are a true beginner or a yoga master. With this yoga app for iPad you will get very experienced yoga teachers and you can find hundreds of ready-made yoga sessions and yoga plans.
Increase your flexibility, balance or energy levels. Burn some fat or build muscles. Feel better, healthier and more balanced with many types of yoga sessions in Lotus.
- Yoga sessions for all levels
- Meditation classes
- 5 days to 6 weeks yoga plans
- You can create your own sequences and your own video classes with Lotus
- 450+ instructed yoga poses with videos
Yoga is a great way to relax and melt the stress away. With this app you will be able to learn this ancient art from scratch, or master your existing skills. Yoga for Beginners is the perfect app to help you get started. What better way to get healthy with handcrafted workouts to get you started on your yoga journey.
- Apple Health integration to track workouts, calories and weight.
- Take control of your health and fitness and practice yoga everyday!
- Free, quick and effective. What are you waiting for?
- Let 7M help you get healthier today
As the title suggests, this app is ideal for those who are in a hurry but don't want to neglect their health. Beginners and advanced users alike can use this app and get a lot out of it. There are several poses included in the app alongside images and instructions that help you get into the poses correctly and practice effectively. There is also a timer built into the app so you know you are getting into position and taking the right amount of time to get it done. This app is a great way to start the day or to ease tension at the office when you have a few minutes to spare.
- Poses with clear images and instructions
- Ideal for all skill levels
- Built-in timer
- Can be used anywhere
- Free and lightweight app
Grokker is more than just a yoga app. It’s also an app that helps with fitness, meditation and healthy cooking. The app has thousands of videos on these topics and they’re perfect for those of you who have busy lives or need a little help with your overall health. These videos are designed for beginners to advanced users and have different themed workouts. Additionally, the app allows you to keep track of your progress, calories burned, a complete organization to the videos you watch, and a solid search function that allows you to find exactly what you are looking for. Grokker also integrates the Apple Health app. There are in-app purchases for monthly or yearly subscriptions.
- Thousands of videos to watch
- Covers topics like Yoga, healthy eating, meditation
- Keep track of progress, achieve your goals
- Search for videos on specific topics, Save favorites
- In-app purchases for subscriptions
This app has over 3,500 yoga and meditation classes to choose from. Find the perfect class for you and begin your journey to a healthier you. Follow your favorite yoga teachers, effective and efficient search tools, view yoga classes based on themes like anxiety or beginners, view yoga classes offline, track your activity via Apple’s Healthkit and more. There is a monthly subscription to access the vast library of classes on demand. This is a drop in the bucket considering how much it would cost to join a real yoga studio. Now, you can personalize your classes and do them in the comfort of your own home.
- Over 3,500 yoga and meditation classes
- Videos can be viewed online or offline
- Themed classes for various topics like anxiety
- Integrate with Apple Healthkit, Great search functions
- In-app purchase for monthly subscription