If you love yoga or want to try it out in the privacy of your own home then check out our list of the best yoga apps for your iPhone.
The best yoga apps for the iPhone
21 Aug 2018, by Rick Rockwell
Do you want to experience a studio-like yoga experience but don’t have time to make it to a class? Down Dog gives you a genuine yoga session and changes things up every time so you never come to the end of content. You get clear vocal instruction and a matching playlist for an amazing all-round yoga routine. You can choose from different experience levels, the pace, playlist time, and duration. This is one app you will end up keeping.
- Studio-like experience
- Changes the routine every time
- Clear vocal instruction
- Choose level of experience
- Free with in-app subscription
Asana Rebel Yoga gives you workouts to help you get in shape and feel better about yourself. You get short classes designed by yoga experts that you can adapt to your own fitness level. Choose to an invigorating workout or one to relax; it’s up to you. Pick classes in length from between 10 and 30 minutes. You won’t need equipment and you can do it anywhere. The instructions are good for users of any level from beginner to experienced and there are detailed video tutorials to ensure beginners use the proper form. Set your personal goals and get new workouts every week. You even get motivating reminders.
- Social design
- Get motivation
- New workouts every week
- For any level
- Free with optional in-app subscription
Search through thousands of health videos to find the right ones for you and your lifestyle. These videos include various fitness niches like yoga or HIIT, cooking videos to learn how to make healthy foods, meditation videos to reduce stress and practice patience, weight loss videos and more. The app also allows users to track number of minutes practiced and calories burned, save your favorite videos and more. There’s videos for all skill levels. There’s an in-app purchase for a subscription to gain access to more features.
- Search through thousands of healthy videos
- Fitness, yoga, meditation, cooking videos
- Track and monitor your progress, Save videos
- Apple Health Integration, Get notifications
- In-app purchase for a subscription
DDP YOGA NOW! isn’t just a regular yoga app. It’s been featured on a variety of popular TV Shows like Good Morning America, Shark Tank, and The Doctors, showing off its ability to transform lives. It’s an interactive app that you will use to totally change your body and your mind. You get detailed fitness tracking, motivational videos, live streaming workouts, custom workout mode, accessible content, and more. Use the app with your Bluetooth heart monitor and earn points while you work out. You can even earn the chance to meet Diamond Dallas Page himself.
- Interactive yoga tool
- Accessible across devices
- Custom workout mode
- Live streaming
- Free with in-app subscription
This app will turn your iPhone into your very own personal yoga instructor so you may master the basic poses and follow a routine for overall health and well-being.
- No useless add-ons
- Shows level of difficulty for each exercise
- Displays duration for how long you are going to do each exercise
- Simple and very convenient
- Predefined routines
Here's an app that will present you with over 50 videos of 25-minute routines that will help you achieve a well-rounded body, mind, and soul connection.
- Videos work like a podcast
- Easy navigation
- Offers challenging exercises
- Different types of yoga activities
- 25-minute routines
This app comes with 27 sessions of varying difficulty levels and durations in order to help users practice yoga with regularity.
- Visual and voiced instructions
- 150 illustrations
- Full glossary of poses
- Custom backgrounds
- Optimized for Retina support
Whether you can only spare 15 minutes or you want to have hour-long yoga sessions, having this app on your iPhone means that you have a Yoga Studio with you wherever you go.
- 30 different “classes”
- Customize your classes
- Also meant for newbies
- Works on all Apple platforms
- Time your classes from 15 minutes to 1 hour
If you want your little one to become acquainted with yoga early in life, this app will be the perfect introduction.
- Very interactive
- Multiple playing functions
- Ideal for reading and playing along
- Intuitive interface
- 24/7 support
This is the paid version of the first app on this list, and it has even more fun features for the user.
- Comes with an additional level of workouts
- Ability to create routines
- Works in landscape mode for better viewing and following of techniques
- Ads are removed
- Featured on various publications including WIRED magazine
Practice yoga on the go with this app, which is made for beginners and advanced students alike.
- Short sessions
- Stay relaxed on stressful trips
- Free sequence with additional sequences available via in-app purchases
- Never miss a yoga session again
- Safe and effective classes in order of difficulty